Friday, February 22, 2008

Break Time

Well, it is time for me to take a much needed break. I'm sure all of you can see that I am not getting to all of your blogs like I have been. The amount of shoulder and neck pain that I have been in lately is horrible. I am currently at the chiro 2x's a week and may need to increase this to 3. I even go into terrible pain when I drive. Of course sitting at my computer doesn't help either, but I do enjoy blogging and creating pictures of my Things. The hubby thinks it is time to see a "real" doctor as he puts it, although he has no problems with the chiro, but he does have a problem seeing me in so much pain. Ususally after I get the little ones in bed I am nearly sick to my stomach from the pain. I would like to continue the healing path that I am on.....the chiro, natural herbs, and I just got the name of a woman that can help you with your health issues. I will have to blog about this after I meet with her. It sounds very "off the wall", but I have an open mind about these things, so we will see. She has studied with Doctors in China, so once again it is all about natural healing, taking the right vitamins and such. I am also thinking about looking into Organic Foods. No, I am not freaking out, but with the little children I have and the age that I am, it is constantly on my mind about needing to live and be healthy for quite a long time. I will keep you posted about what is going on, I'm hoping to pop in on your blogs when I can, but as far as posting, I am taking a little break......so I'll leave you with a picture of my precious Things! ;) collage9 And finally.....here is a giggle for you. This past Wednesday I was on the phone calling the place we stay in Maui every year because I wanted to book for 2009. I had two 1-800 numbers to call depending on who I wanted to talk with. My first attempt greated me with a "Oh yeah"...........I'm thinking here comes one of those little romantic sayings about coming to Maui.......OH NO PEOPLE..........the guy on the line then says......."Get ready for a hot young stud to make all your dreams come true, what ever your desires are.........INSERT MY SCREAM HERE!!!!!!! I was on the phone with a, well you know.....a naughty 1-800 number. I was so horrified, I nearly dropped my coffee on the floor. OBVIOUSLY...... I dialed the wrong number. So, I dial again.......and then I get a recording for a CHURCH. Now how in the dilly do you go from a naughty recording to a church one???????? It would only happen to me I tell ya. Finally on the third try, I got through only to find out I need to call next week because you can book 13 months in advance TO. THE. DAY! And trust me.....I will be dialing VERY carefully next time. lol Well, I am hoping to get some much needed relief with my pain issue......I am just so stinkin' tired of feeling awful. Not a good thing when you have Things! ;) I'll be back when I can.

26 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that you still have so much pain...
I hope that they can get you to feeling better...
I LOVE the pictures...
All the kids are soooo cute...Love the couch picture... those two look like they are two pea's in a pod....LOVE IT!!!!
I know the real truth on the 800 call...LOL..
Can't wait to have you back... I always enjoy your posts...
Hugs to you girly...
LOVE YA...
Take care..

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my goodness, this is terrible for you. This shoulder and neck thing is a huge problem for so many people. I wish you luck with the remedies. I am a firm believer in taking no "white" food in. I haven't for years. Except "white" wine! I was raised that way. We don't eat meat either.

Steffie, get better soon.

Yoga, yoga, lots of YOGA!

Seriously, take care of yourself.

Lea
XOXO

Sophie's Mom said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Too funny about the phone calls! Sounds like something I would do! :)

D & S said...

I'm sorry your hurting. Pain like that is not fun, go and take care of yourself. We'll all be here when you're ready to come back.

Debbie said...

I love the pictures!!! Such pretty kids!! I'm sorry you are hurting in your neck and back, That is where I hurt too, and hold my stress.

I think it's funny with all the dialing!!! I did have a chuckle thanks!!

Debbie

Andie said...

Steffie...neck, shoulder, and back pain is such a problem. I can not seem to do anything when mine hurts, so I can't imagine how you are surviving with the level of pain you have. I will keep you in my prayers. We will miss you till you are back, but you need to take care of you before you can do anything else.
Blessings-Andie

RamblingMother said...

enjoy your break. Hope the pain goes away soon

Beverly

Gail said...

Neck, shoulder and upper back pain is the worst. I agree with Lea that yoga can help too.

The phone call incidents made me LOL!

Enjoy your time away and get better very soon!

4D said...

I hope you find relief for your pain but it is apparent your funny bone is healthy!

Take all the time you need. Life is to lived.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I would've stuck around on the first wrong number to see what happens. Why did you hang up ;)

Maybe a little phone sex would be a "natural" way to bring relief to the pain.

LaLa said...

Love the pics of the kidlets : )

Sorry you are in so much pain. I knew when you were in town and Emily wanted to hang on your neck you couldn't do it. I hope you find a solution that works.

Miss you in bloggyland but totally understand : )

mommy24treasures said...

I have confidence in the more natural healing as well, If you trust your chiro, I would continue with the plan. I have just never seen alot of results with reg. dr's with that type of pain.
I suppose you don't do alot of caffine? I know I have heard several stories that caffine can build up in the neck area and cause pain. Drink lots of water???
Ok I will stop!:)
I expect my mailbox to have updates from you dear, I have to know you are ok on your break.
Praying you get relief speedily,
Lots of love
Connie

mommy24treasures said...

oh the pics are great, love them!

jennifer said...

Feel better. It's hard to cope when you're in so much pain. We'll miss you.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love Emmie's hair straight! They are all beautiful!

Praying for you to feel well soon. I think it's good to keep an open mind to new things that will help heal your body.

Briana's Mom said...

We'll miss ya! Try to feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Gosh, between the kids being sick and the neck pain you've really had your hands full. I suffered with chronic pain for many many years and I know how draining it can be. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you feel better soon.

Mr.Brian said...

So sorry to hear you have so much pain.I know how pain can effect everything from sleep to daily activities.I hope you find relief soon.
As far as the 800 numer you dialed wrong, best try and figure it out again in case you get bored when not blogging.
And I think it was a God thing you got the church next.You are right only could happen to you.
Take care my dear, Mr.Brian will be thinking of you.
Hugs!!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my...I hope you get some relief from the pain VERY SOON.
I'll miss your posts and can't wait until you are back!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are suffering! I feel your pain, I have been dealing with neck pain also. Shoots down my arm and keeps me awake at night. Been going to chiro too much! Went this morning and do not really feel any better. Doesn't it just steal your time, and energy! My pain in the neck will remind me to pray for you and your neck! Keep us posted on your path to relief as it may help so many of us "older" Moms! Thanks for sharing, and know that you are an encouragement to me in sharing your good days and rough ones! KristiHen

Elise said...

I am praying that the pain will go away soon! Take care of yourself and your Things!

redmaryjanes said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are in that kind of pain. I think the chiro is great but if it's not getting the job done, I'm going to have to agree with Mufasa that you need to see a doctor.
I am busting up that you got a hot stud on the phone! And then a church...only you!!
Miss you. Let's get together soon, as soon as you are feeling up to it.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so sorry you are hurting so... I will be praying for you. I understand how it can make you where you can't hardly move... it is good you are taking a break from the computer. I know I pay for sitting here too.
Now.... no more naughty phone calls for you young lady.
Love ya,
Daleea

Denise C said...

Steffie,
I am so sorry you are feeling so bad sweet friend! Bless your heart. I'll be lifting you in prayer!!
When you feel up to it...stop by and see my new "Bloglift" that Becky did for me! I am so so so excited! She did a wonderful job!
Hugs & Love to you!!!

Nikki said...

My sweet friend, I am soooo sorry to hear that you are still dealing with such horrible and chronic pain.
Feel better.
Love you.

insanemommy said...

Hey, any chance you might post that number?! Hint, hint, hint. lol.