Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two Things and a Blanket

We have had tons of snow here in the last 24 hours. The Things and I have been staying inside trying to keep warm. There has been hot chocolate and blankies, popcorn and movies, arts-n-crafts and huge messes, fighting and crying, Things going down for a nap and Mommy going down for a nap! Then there are times like these when they play so good together. Sophia was covering Daniel up with her blanket, yanking it off his head and telling "Peek-a-boo". He just LOVED it! I'm still tackling my "To Do" list. Just a few more items to check off and then I will collapse! I have not been to many of your blogs in the past few days......I'm sorry.....I'll try to play catch up when I can! ;)

35 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so fun.
I can see the laughter in Daniel's eyes.
How cool.

Nikki said...

Thank God for the blanket/peek-a-boo moments! (and naps)

Glad you're plowing thru your to-do list.

XO

Debbie said...

They look like they are having a blast!!!

You make me feel guilty that I'm not doing a to do list!!!

Debbie

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun a blanket can be. Speaking of blankets, you'll have to check out my site, my mom finished Josie's quilt. It's super special.

Stay cozy and warm, my cyber friend. Gotta love West Michigan weather!!

Love,
Kim K.

~Amy~ said...

I love the static hair and I'm glad you are surviving this nasty weather! We have about 13 inches on the ground here! yuck!

Kim said...

The things are tooooo CUTE!!!
I just want to hug them to pieces....
I can not believe all the snow... I can see it in the picture..
Have fun..
Glad you are almost done..
Hugs to you..

LaLa said...

Love seeing them together!!!! What a fun snow day you had : )

mommy24treasures said...

sounds just like here... We have been cooped up and indoors as well with happy moments, cranky moments, wild moments...
what sweet pics...Caitlyn has the brown cupcake dress and Chloe has this pink one...

Laura Nipper said...

They are just so cute. Good for you getting everything done on your list. I got a few things done around the house to, but still need to go to Good Will. Its amazing the stuff we collect.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Peek a boo's the best game!

I love his "static head!" :-)

Marla said...

Looks like they were having a blast! LOL @ the static in their hair, we have a lot of that going on too and have to keep the dryer sheets handy to get it under control. :)

Adele said...

I just love seeing these two together. It is very obvious that they are having a blast together.
BTW, I love the music playing on your blog. Gives me chills. Makes me want to go to China NOW.

Tami said...

How cute are they?! Too precious! The idea of hot chocolate, popcorn and a movie is sounding pretty good right now. I have all the fixings except for a working DVD player. The place where I'm staying has tried twice to get it replaced with a working model and have failed. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.

Mr.Brian said...

Looks like they wer ehaving lots of fun.
Hope you can finish off your to do list today.
It's my last day at the Dialysis Center today. :}
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Brian

kerri said...

We too have been dumped on, the temperatures are frigid and the wind has been whipping the snow around, Yikes!!!!!
We too have been playing inside, blanket forts, movies, crafts and fighting with our sister.
The last activity seems to be our favourite, LOL.
Good for you plowing forward with that list, for now I'm just sitting pullin' out my hair waiting on Spring, LOL. ;)

Laurie said...

It's amazing how a simple thing like a blanket can keep them entertained! Great fun!

We're still hanging in there ;o)

Denise C said...

They are having such fun together!!! So so precious!!! Wonderful snowy days....indoors eating yummy goodies and lots of hot cocoa! You are such a fun mommy!!
BTW, has your necklace arrived yet?
Stay warm my friend!

4D said...

Cute stuff! Beautiful smiles.

Keep smilin!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That is so sweet!!!! They do seem perfect together.
Your to-do list is pretty big but it seems that you are whittling it down...You are ambitious though.
I could clean cupboards, drawers and closets all day but painting--that is not my thing! We hire that out.....I hate ladders!

Mommy Spice said...

We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves if it snowed like that down here in Texas. We actually have a chance of ice and flurries on Friday and we are tickled. Of course, nothing would stick if it did anyway.

They are just too cute!!

Noemi said...

Aww love the pictures. They truly do look like they are having a great time!

day by day said...

Blankets, especially my decorative throws are the favorite toy with my kids! Who needs toys? : )

kitchu said...

Wish I could come over and play the blanket game and drink hot chocolate too! I haven't seen snow in so many years...

Love the pics!

Michelle said...

Such joyful pictures!

D & S said...

They're so cute!

Holly said...

They are precious! I wish we would get some snow soon!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Sometimes it is the simple things in life that bring us so much pleasure.
I want to play in the snow too....

Kim said...

Hope you had a GREAT Day...
Hugs to ya...

redmaryjanes said...

Hang in there girl! Man is it cold! The babes look like they are having a great time despite the weather. when does the hubs get home? Oh..I'm down another 4 pounds too!

Briana's Mom said...

They are so cute together!

It has been so cold here that I can't take Briana outside. Makes for a bored little one sometimes!

crazylady said...

I've been talking about you while you were away, so best not catch up on blog reading.
Okay I haven't even noticed you weren't there *wink*.... is that better?
Neither really, I've been busy doing that so called mumbo jumbo parenting/working parttime thingamabob.
Siblings are unpredictable. One minute holding a blankie over each other's head and the next moment strangling him/her with it.

Gail said...

It is really, really cold isn't it? We're getting cabin fever here in Wisconsin. Your 2 Things are adorable!

Linette said...

Thank goodness for the great moments! They make the bad ones a little easier. :)

jennifer said...

Thank God for moments like these (and for naps!!) Glad the list is going well. You'll feel so good when it's finished!

Pam said...

I love naps. I wish we lived in Europe where they have siestas. Hannah likes to make Ethan laugh.