Many of you have been asking me how my "To Do" list is coming along. With 3 Things in the house this can cause some delays. However today......the two littlest Things spent some time "Getting Their Craft On". They are really starting to play great together....unless one is in a feisty mood. Which really can be either one of them at this point. But today, they are being super (despite we are all fighting colds and The Boy has a low grade fever. 101.1) and they both took long naps which let me tackle my list! Emmie was given "serious" instructions that her old room was getting cleaned out today no matter what. I can't even begin cleaning in there until that happens. She has been at it all day. And 6 hours later.....she is done with just a few things left in her closet to tackle later in the week. I have already been upstairs with the vacuum and have dusted and cleaned it all. After the Things are in bed tonight, I plan to go in and paint and touch up everything from walls to base board. Obviously I have been struck by the cleaning Nazi of some sort! Currently, I have finished cleaning Sophia's bathroom, which entailed a full wipe down from top to bottom after having a teenager in there, touched up the walls with paint where the teenager had been rough on them (hairspray, scrunch spray, mascara????? and toothpaste....don't ask, I didn't. lol) and also touched up the base boards with fresh paint as well. Threw out tons and added a few decorations. Also hung a Chinese Lantern from the sky light......it's the same color as the walls. I think it looks cute and Sophia loves it. I did start painting the laundry room last night, but Thing 1 and Thing 2 must be down for the night to do this. Otherwise they just stand there (mostly The Boy) and whine! Cleaned out my make up drawers, two dresser drawers, started boxing up some Christmas decorations to store in the barn and then there is just the daily task of cleaning up after a teenager and two toddlers. ~sigh~ My trash guy is going to detest me tomorrow morning. I mean, there is just a TON of stuff outside. lol What can I say.......I'll just keep loading it up until it is gone......besides.....I'm excited to do another room for my kiddos to play in! Hope you all have a MARVELOUS week.......I intend too! *wink*
See.....I told you.....and the scary part is that behind the green trash can there is ANOTHER one just like it. Yeah.....and guess who got to haul all those bags outside across the road today.....Moi! I'm going to sleep good tonight...that's for sure! Guess I got "My Task On" for today. Did you? ;)
See.....I told you.....and the scary part is that behind the green trash can there is ANOTHER one just like it. Yeah.....and guess who got to haul all those bags outside across the road today.....Moi! I'm going to sleep good tonight...that's for sure! Guess I got "My Task On" for today. Did you? ;)






33 comments:
Will you do my house next? I could really use a "cleaning Nazi" like you.....
HA it is so cold I can't even stand it! When is summer again!? ;) ;)
I'm looking forward to a loooong nights rest! yessssss
when the cats away the mice clean up droppings....
you got a lot accomplished!
Not as much as I do every week, but hey you're new!
LOL
Wow, I thought I did well cleaning out my dresser drawers! I am impressed.
Love those pics of the kids.
Lea
You go Girly...
You did A LOT today..
Sounds like the kids let you do what you wanted..
Well my task that I did today was
"NOTHING"...
I have done some laundry here and there.. but mainly NOTHING..
Hugs to you my friend..
Can't wait to see a picture of the bathroom and the new playroom..
We've recently had a garbage binge like that too. It feels good to be able to let all that go.
Good job!
Gooooo Girl!!
I love when hubbys away, oh can I get things accomplished when my eldest kids leaves home for a week, LOL.
Wow, you've been a busy lady! A few months ago I had the (bright) idea of moving everyone around in the bedrooms, so I would have to clean everything (shampooed carpets) and would have to touch everything, so we could get rid of some junk in the process! Well, I majorly underestimated how long it would take, and how much work it would be! One of the rooms was an office, that also holds all my different crafty things (scrapbooking, quilting, photography...) oh my. It took me twice as long as I thought.
I wish you luck on your cleaning spree!!
You certainly have the cleaning bug! Most people do a spring cleaning, but by the looks of the snow, yours came early!
Yowzaa girl.You did mean business!Has to feel great to have that all done.Be sure papa bear knows how HARD you worked while he was away playing.
TSSK TSSK TSSK I am sure he will be paying for this when her returns.
BTW Crazy Chick is amazed I have not told you about my special gift yet.Small???Does she truely think we are falling for that?
Have a great weekend and thanks for the encouragement. The end is near.
Two more days.
Hugs!!!
Oh My Stars! You have been one busy gal! You even had time for a post for us blogging stalkers! ha! Can't wait to see pics of the finished products!I think we may redo Chelsi's room as well. It's ready for a makeover.
I have to say that I hope that the Cleaning Nazi doesn't find me........I hate to clean! ha-ha!
Stay warm...Amy says it is -7 in your neck of the woods! OHHHHHH!!!!
IT is 22 here and I am whining! But I do still love the snow...... hate the cold weather without snow though!
I got nothing done and now I have guilt. Crud....
Geeze, you did ALL THAT in ONE DAY? A little ambitious are we? HA! I got two loads of laundry folded and made the beds. I was pretty proud - until you go and show me up about 100 times over. ;)
Seriously though, I am the middle of a tween/teen extreme room makeover too. Today, I decided to "rest". I'll be back at it tomorrow, I am sure!
Sheryl
Wow, you have been crazy busy! Good for you. So you will move Sophia into Emmy's old room? I'm getting ready to head into work and not looking forward to the drive at all. I hope that I don't end up in a ditch. It's supposed to be bad out there. I'll be keeping in touch and I did my post.
Big Hug,
BH, my new codename and no it doesn't stand for big hug.
Wow...come on down when you finish there!!! Can't wait to see the finished projects : )
WOW, send some of that energy my way!! I have two bedrooms to redo, 2 of my boys are moving in together to make room for Lucy, an office/craft room to organize, paint the laundry room, and I wanted to re-do the powder room! Quick send it fast!
Stef,
I stop by now and then and always enjoy your blog. Looks cold there.
Your welcome to come help me purge out all my stuff and hey the sun is out and we have awesome shopping.
Michele Clay Burns
p.s. I send you an email.
You go girl! GREAT job!!! I have been in the same mood.....
In January I always get some cleaning bug and just start cleaning and tossing.
You're trying to put us to shame.
I got most of the bonus room done this weekend. Just need to work on my scrapbooking area.
Actually hung things on the walls too.
My boys have been playing in (destroying) the bonus room or I would show you a picture.
Will hubby be able to see any of the Xgames before he comes back home?
I am so impressed! Oh how I wish my list was getting done. lol
Hope the cold takes a hike and everyone feels wonderful!!!!
Okay,so I am down in Mississippi yes, we made oprah last week (and I am not bitter), but could you come get started on my house. I've got the paint I just needs to be rolled on. I'll watch the things.
Bang on girl! Share you energy secrets....chocolate covered coffee beans????
Did you deligate at all??
Good grief Steffie-where do you get your energy?! :) Maybe I should send my hubby away for a while so I can get some stuff done-ha..I'm tired just reading about ALL that you've done. I think it would take me a month to do everything you've done in one day! I'm impressed...now come to my house when you're done. ;)
Did Dave make you fire your housekeeper?? lol.. You may break a nail.
Wow, you've been busy!! I get that kind of cleaning energy in the spring, but never in the winter.
Cute little artists you have!!!
You GO girl! What a great feeling you must have had being so productive. I'm in full nesting mode right now and can totally relate. Have a great week!!
Love,
Kim K.
did you guys get a lot of snow last night!? CMU is cancelled today so no school for me! It takes a lot to close a campus too...I hope you are doing well and getting your "list" done!!
xoxo!
Catching up on your blog - I was 5 posts behind!
I wish I could clean my house like that, but everytime I try to clean, Briana just messes it up again! Ha!
Looks like you had a super fun "girls night out"!
Will you pass the cleaning Nazi this way???????? I need to get busy, I thought I would get a lot done while my husband was gone for two weeks to Thailand, on a mission trip but NO, life got in the way!!!
Good for you for all you have gotten done!!!!! That is awesome!!!
Keep it going girl!!
Debbie
I have been busy oraganizing, too! It's a lot of work but the results are great!
OKAY!!!!
Are you done yet...
I am waiting..
Hurry up girly..
LOL..
Love ya - Hugs
Stef,
With all this cleaning frenzie, I have to ask . . . Are you pregnant again? Maternal instincts can lead us into strange behaviors!!!! (LOL)
Ha! I was trying to read quickly and skim photos at the same time so when I saw your trash pile my first thought was....she's going ICE FISHING??? That must mean my mind has really gone! Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I've been "surfing" for land and homes around Dallas...our next move (hopefully) more about that later ;)
Post a Comment