Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sisters

There is truly nothing better than sisters......and these two have the best time together. Since Emmie got a new Mac computer for Christmas with the camera in it, she and Sophia have been going crazy taking pictures together. Some of them actually turn out pretty good. I think Sophia (and especially Emmie) gets a kick out of seeing herself on the screen. It is quite different for Emmie being downstairs now. Both Sophia and Daniel are constantly at her bedroom door wanting to come in. Usually only Thing 1 is allowed access into the princesses chambers. And when the door to the princess chambers is closed, you usually hear major giggling followed by all sorts of screams and laughter. One never knows what those two are up to. The music turns up loud and I think there is major booty shaking going on by both! Go figure!

Sophia is just in love with Emmie. (and vice versa) She doesn't take her rejection very well. Meaning when she has homework to do or sometimes just wanting to be alone. However, Emmie does come home every day from school and makes smoothies for both of them. Sophia gets to get out the yogurt, strawberries and raspberries. Boy does she ever eat that attention up. I thought Sophia would have a much harder time without Emmie being upstairs, but she seems to have adjusted to the fact that sissy is no longer in the same wing of the house as her. She has picked up all the teenage lingo as I'm sure you can imagine. The other day I heard her tell Daniel...."Stop doing that, ya little nasty". I knew that was from "That's So Raven" but to hear it come out of a 3 year olds mouth was kind of funny. She repeats most of what Emmie says.....yes that can be scary at times. Sophia also finishes all her sentences with "that's amazing"....again from big sis. Everything is "amazing"! Oh yes......and there are several things she'll say with the preface being "When I get bigger", I'm going to play soccer like sissy or drink coffee like Mommy or wear make up like Mommy and sissy. We saw a big truck the other day and she asked me if I saw it. My response was "Yes I did, it was big....... to which she replied "no it was humongous".....all righty then....whatever you say Thing 1! ;)
So here are my girls......one that is growing up way too fast and the other wanting to follow in her big sisters foot steps.......I do believe its true love!

50 comments:

~Amy~ said...

LOVE the new look and the pictures of the girls! They are so stinkin' cute! I had Becky make me a new header...I'm putting it on today...stay tuned! ;)

Sandra said...

Wonderful. I did a post on sisters yesterday. There is nothing better!

Kim said...

Love the new look.. you are doing a Great job on those..
And the pictures in the digital scrapbook is "Awesome"..
(Had to add that...LOL)..
Great post on sisters...
Nothing better..
You want to keep them young for as long as you can... they grow up sooo fast..
Have a Great Day girly..
Hugs to you..

Liz and Ava said...

Love the new blog look! That post on sisters was wonderful! They look so sweet together. Love the scrapbooking templates...what site do you use?...is it free or how much does it cost?

Musings from Kim K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to have Emma experience all those same things that your girls have together as sisters. Soon!!! Sometime in March I'll have 2 daughters and Emma will be a big sister! I can't wait! I love your latest blog design. Too fun.


PS. Stay safe and warm in this blizzard. Even GVSU canceled.

OH MY #6 said...

Just love your new look.

This post is AWESOME!

Lea

mommy24treasures said...

love these, beautiful...sister love is a miracle...I get great joy watching my two together.

Mr.Brian said...

I think it is great how good Emmie is with thing 1.Lets just hope in the high school years Emm thinks little sister is so good too.
I am always amazed at what a wonderful young lady Emmie is.But then I guess she takes after her dad... Oooooppps I mean mom.
LOLOLOLOL.
And I WILL tell the old ladies I am taken, and hope they listen better then you know who!!!!!

Sophie's Mom said...

Great pictures, it is obvious they have a very special relationship! Sophia's best bud is her brother Noah (aka 'my boy'). She does make-up and such w/Paige, but she's kind of rejected Paige from the beginning. We figure it is because she has to compete with her to be Daddy's girl. (beware of the 'other' Daddy's girl!) She loves her and plays with her, but she doesn't think she's the cat's meow (like Noah). Poor Paige...

LaLa said...

Oh that is so sweet...sisters are the best!!

Denise C said...

OK...I LOVE the new look!...I also loved the one from yesterday!!! NOW do tell.... how hard is this to do on your own....??? Will you help me?I'd love to change mine up a bit.....but I am so "New and Green" and quite honestly...have no idea what I am doing most of the time! tee-hee!
BTW..... did I read that you are coming to TN??? (Oatsvall bound!!!)
OK>>> you know I am just up the road a bit... come on up and visit! ;)
(((HUGS))) !!!

4D said...

Such love for sisters, family, daughters.

Wonderful!

Keep smilin!

cougchick said...

absolutely gorgeous! Sisterly love....I always wanted that as a sister to two big brothers.

Debbie said...

I love the pictures and you are so right it is true love it sounds like!!!

Debbie

kerri said...

You change your blog look more than I change my undies, LOL, kidding!!
I adore the new look and your music is beautiful. The girls both stopped playing and run over to the computer, who is the artist?
I love the "sister" shots, they are beautiful and priceless.What a special bond, Emmie is such a sweetheart.
Speaking of teen ling and funnys, I was checking out some bras and Jennifer out of the blue picked up one and replies"Not for you Mom,this one is for big honkers"
Pardon, out of the mouth of babes!!!!

Nikki said...

You have a new look for every day of the week here! Wow! Lookin' good, girl.

Love the pics of Emmie and Sophia...there truly is nothing like the bond between sisters.

day by day said...

Love the sisters pictures!! My Chelsea and Ella have the same kind of relationship and it is so heartwarming to watch. Chelsea is going away to college in 7 months from now and I am so worried about how Ella will handle that. Maybe we will have to try a web cam?

Tasha Kent said...

Hi,
I found you on another international adoption blogroll and stopped by your site for a visit. I'm also adopting, but from Uzbekistan. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to following your progress.
Tasha

Truly Blessed said...

Love the new look -- think this one will stay for a few days?

Looks like you're really getting into the digital scrapbooking thing. Very cool.

Can't wait for my little Katie to have a sister of her own!

Adele said...

Okay, this post totally warmed my heart. How precious are these two together. Oh I just love it! And aren't you a miss smarty pants with all of your cool and fab layouts on your blog. I am so impressed. I absolutely love this particular blog design. I think this is the best one yet. Such a pretty design and so easy to read. You go girl.

Tracy said...

Very sweet!

I love hearing "grown up" sayings from little ones. Last week Hannah surprised Steve and I when we were talking about where to go to lunch and she said emphatically "well, that doesn't work for me"!

Elise said...

Sweet, sweet photos!!!!

Holly said...

That was a sweet post! Sounds like Gracie and I.

insanemommy said...

Girl you change your blog more than I change my panties! Well, when I remember to put them on. *snort*.... Love, love, love this new look though.... I think you may have found your calling.

Linette said...

Okay..first off I love your new blog look. That Becky is awesome!
And I love this post about Emmie and Sophia. The love they have for each other is so obvious. It's actually encouraging to me as well because I often worry about the fact that Hannah's sister will be quite a bit younger than her by the time she gets home. That is unless, China speeds up A LOT! Now that would just be a miracle, wouldn't it? :) And good job on the scrapbooking pages. They're beautiful!

redmaryjanes said...

Girl! You are going to have to start doing my blog. This is just gorgeous. I love it!
I miss you already. I had such a great time at our last dinner. I know that you and I are meant to be very close friends. We just have to get the time to make it happen.
And yes, I am going to start planning a bloggerpalooza. I will be using your house. It's going to be fabulous and you guys are going to love it! I was thinking in the summer when the lake life is at its best. You don't mind...do ya????

t~ said...

Very sweet sisters!

Tiffany said...

Love the blog look! It is beautiful!
Love all the pictures and cool stuff around them!
Great job Steffie!

Emmie and Sophia are just the cutest together!

Beckyb said...

What a great post - nothing better than a sister!!!

crazylady said...

I'm too busy looking at all the pretty girly things we don't have on your blog. You've outdone yourself with the new look. Beautiful scrapping too. *sigh* nothing to complain about....I'll wait...until beloved sisters have a brawl perhaps...over lipstick and glitter...OOOOOHHHH should be ugly!
For now, they're just sweet as the blog.
Gotta go brush!

Jewels of My Heart said...

That is one of the sweetest posts ever. I love the pics of thier beautiful faces and your pages are wonderful. You are a natural.
Your blog looks fantastic!

Deb said...

She did a great job with her pics.
What a sweet post. Gotta love sisters.

jennifer said...

The pics are so cute. How special that they have each other. It'll be really funny when Daniel starts talking like the both of them! lol

PandaMom said...

That is soooooo cute and sweet! Are you into digital scrapbooking now? I love all the work! ; )

Michelle said...

Such a wonderful post! The scrap pages you are creating a beautiful! Both your girls are so beautiful and although Emmie and you are having tough time ... I beleive this to be part of the journey of raising our children. Hang in there Steffie ... you are truly an inspiration!

3 Peanuts said...

The blog looks good...it has changed again?! I love oyur pages. I am getting into this too.

Sisters---there is nothing like it. Wish I could give Kate a sister:)

Kim

Sharon said...

Yours is another cute picture I keep seeing on comments and thought I'd visit. Beautiful blog and family!! You do a great job and the pictures are priceless!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I absolutely adore your scrapbooking techniques.
I am going to try my darnedest to do it. I have photoshop elements. I just need more work and maybe step-by-step instructions...

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post about your gilrs. I love the picturea snd the stories about them togther with the door closed laughing..So Precious!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a beautiful blog....Connie mentioned to come and take a look! Brother and sister relationships are so wonderful...we have four children and they are all in love with each other! (Well, maybe not when the two 3 yr. olds are fussing!) LOL

Mommy Spice said...

"Amazing" post...LOL!! I really do love it, and your scrapbooking is awesome. What adorable pictures!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

The sisterhood is a very hard thing to break... I have 2 sisters and we may disagree, argue etc but no-one can come between us... ever...

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Oh I love the pictures. Isn't fun to have toddlers and teens in the same house. I shiver at some of things that come out of my girls mouths, but it is kind of funny most of the time. I love your scrapbook pages. I still can't figure mine out. I'm working on it LOL

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Sisterhood is the best. Mine is my best friend and I bet later in life yours will be as well.

Dannye said...

i love their sisterly bond...it's just so beautiful...as are your two girls!!

my3 kids said...

What a wonderful post Steffie...I love it! We are all so blessed to be mommy's to such wonderful kids:) LOVE your scrapbook pages...Connie is helping me too but I have to say you have WAY passed me with your talent!!

Janice
http://www.momtoo3.blogspot.com/

~Amy~ said...

have a good weekend friend!

things will be quiet around here this weekend...this weather is NAST-O!! I'm hoping to see you soon...but my schedule is pretty busy! ugh. Don't worry, this summer will be full of visits and fun! ;)

Shandra said...

There is nothing like being a Mother to girls that share such a special bond.

D & S said...

Sisters are the best! I'm so happy your girls have each other.