Thursday, October 11, 2007

Part Two......My Thing Teen

A few weekends ago my baby girl became the official "Teenager". We wanted to do something extra fun this year, so we decided to have her party at one of the local athletic clubs. We had it on a Saturday night which was great because the club was not busy. The girls did a hip-hop class, swam in the pool and we brought in pizza, pop and cake for later. I think they all really had a good time. I know I had tears in my eyes many times. From laughter and from realizing that I only have a few more short years with Emmie before she is off to college.

We had the most darling hip-hop instructor. OMW....did this gal have energy. The girls were instructed to pick out a scarf and tie it around their waists. They all had little coins dangling from them so when they would shake their booties, you'd hear the coins. At first they were all a bit shy, but by the end of it.......well lets just say there was not a quite set of buns in the house!
The room was really cute and we got there early to decorate. How appropriate that she got to sit in the princess chair. However, her BF Kenzie, she wants her own Princess chair from Santa for Christmas at her house! lol
Here is the group shot before swimming. Heaven forbid that I post a picture once the make up and hair is a mess. Sheeesh.......you'd think the world was coming to an end! Here's my girl................the girl that is going to give me heart failure before it is all said and done, I'm sure. She recently told me that it has been decided by the guys in her grade that she has the best "Round and Out There Booty"! WHAT?????????? And they aren't shy about slappin' it either! WHAT????????? She has had 3 guys that I "know of" ask her out, and her cell phone and text messages come faster then I care to admit. The tornado that constantly hits only her room and bathroom is enough to drive me insane. The girl must have and I'm not kidding at least 60 pairs of flip flops. She must own every color possible. They are everywhere. Her clothes are another issue....and the nightly procedure of what the next days outfit will be consists of her showing me at least 3-4 different options. Accessories included and possible hair styles as well. Every morning I get the "does my makeup look ok"? Pleeeeeez.......do you think I would dare to say "No"? The back lash from that alone would put me into a comatose state! I do have to say though, that she is a super student. Home work always comes first. She made the A Volleyball Team again his year and it has been so much fun watching her play.
During spirit week ( no, I would NOT let her go out of the house like this normally) there was a day that you were to dress like a Rock Star. Here is Miss Bootylicious.........is it any wonder that the boys are crazy for her? BTW.....the 30 foot electronic fence is being installed around the compound soon. NOW.............................................................................................................................................................
for the not so fun issue that nearly put me over the edge last week. Many of you may remember that I mentioned that when Emmie entered 6th grade, she had a 7th grade girl decide that she didn't like Emmie and was going to go out of her way to try and intimidate Emmie with every thing she had. Well, you know that didn't sit well with Sarabi, so into the office I went. She managed to get through 6th grade. Last year, in October at the very first dance, this same girl decided enough time had passed and she came within inches of Emmie's face threatening her again. This time Sarabi called and made a police report and I stormed into the office that following Monday telling the P and VP that it was their job to protect my daughter from the time she walked into the building until she left it and if they couldn't do it, that my husband and I would be contacting our attorney and WE. WOULD. TAKE. CARE. OF. THE. PROBLEM! Boom Baby.......the girl and her Father were called into the office. This lasted until about May, when I think the girl decided school was just about done and a few nasty comments were made in the hallway. Emmie let them go.........................................................................................................................................................
When school started this year, I remember the evening in her room when she said to me "This is going to be such a fun year Mom, I don't have to worry about anyone bothering me.....it's gonna be great". My heart was so full of joy for her. Her last year in MS......she was going to have so much fun! BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week, she received threatening emails from this girl. The language was so bad that I can't even tell you what she said because my blog would get flagged. She basically said she was going to hunt her down and she would see her at the HS the next day. You see, Emmie has V-ball practice there and this girl knew this. CAN YOU HEAR ME ROAR?????????????? OH THIS PUT SARABI ON THE HIGHEST ALERT SHE HAS EVER BEEN ON. I'LL TELL YOU WHO IS GOING TO BE HUNTED DOWN!!!!!!!! OH YEAH..........I. WAS. FURIOUS. !!!!!!!! So, we printed out those emails..........can you say........Hook, line and sinker????? You want to mess with SARABI........you'd better buckled up. I'll use every source I have to protect my children. So, the next morning I called the police. ( LONG STORY SHORT........) And it so happened that the school's police lesion was at the HS. So guess where I went? And.....with The Boy (Sophia was in preschool)........can you imagine Thing Two contained in a small room for over an hour?????? Yeah......I was sweating bullets. So.........the "girl" happened to be out sick for the day so they reassured me that I did not have to go and pick Emmie up from school (due to her threat to meet her) and transport her to practice. AND.........the police paid that family and little home visit and made it CRYSTAL CLEAR......that WE as a FAMILY were NOT going to tolerate this anymore. It has been turned over to the Prosecutor's Office. Now, whether or not anything will happen, I don't know....................but have "I", SARABI, MADE MYSELF CLEAR ON HOW FAR I WILL GO"?????????????? Sigh...........drinks anyone???? Prozac????? Sedative????? LOL I love my girl with all of my soul......even though she is a messy, sassy, emotional, smart, dramatic and beautiful teenage girl.....................and listen up boys.......YOU GOTTA GET BY SARABI FIRST! Don't say I didn't warn you! *wink*

47 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL i liked this post, finally something to comment on. i think i can get through "SARABI". lol jkjk i already have jkjkjkjkjkjkjkkjkjkjkjk

guess who??

4D said...

First off what a great party!

Second. do not mess with Mom.

Third, check your Sitemeter. Cowardly Anon is back. But maybe not so anonymous anymore!

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

Don't worry.....I know who left the first comment. He's currently got "partial clearance"! ;)

Kenzie said...

i had such a fun time at emmies party!
and yes i def am asking for a throne for christmas =]
maybe gpa will make one for me =]
emmie is so ahmazing... im so in love with this post.
im so blessed to have a best friend like her.
i thank God everyday for her and her ahmazing family, who makes me feel like part of it. =]
and btw i was totally shaking it man lol
love you
love, kenzie
p.s. my blogs pretty much over =]
but man i keep myspacing! lol =]

Nancy said...

Oh, Yeah.
And if I remember right, you live on a lake. Could be a LLLOOONNNGGG time before a body was found;0

Anonymous said...

You go, Mama Sarabi!!!

Dawn and Dale said...

She really is soooo beautiful!!

Wow...I'd be scared of the boys coming too!! Thank goodness I have 4 boys and not 4 girls!! Yikes!! lol ;)

mommy24treasures said...

you go momma bear!!!! Good for you. I hear your roar!

~Amy~ said...

Love the post Stef! Hey I want you to check out my new blog. You inspired me to start it! :) I hope you are doing well and drop by and comment whenever!

-Amy

jennifer said...

You are too funny! What kind of girl does things like that? I just don't get it. I hope she won't be bothering Emmie anymore. Looks like it was a great party!

Mr.Brian said...

What is wrong with this PHYSCO gal?I can hardly imagine thet the police do not do anything.I would think charges could be filed.
I am so proud of Emmie for rising above it all.It has to be hard but also what a gal.
If things do not get better with Physco Gal, you just get all of us blogging friends together.We can first go to the gym and work out.Then with our buff and oh so in shape muscle bodies we will go and have a nice CALM Chat with miss PHYSCO GAL.
I am thinking if we get Crazy Lady involved we could have some fun.What could be more impacting on this gals life then to have heaven knows how many wild people knocking on her door.
I should have Becky give me your email adress and I could tell you how my dad got some high school girls to stop tormenting me when I was in middle school. It worked GREAT!!!!!
Hugs to you and Emmie.BTW has she totaly stopped blogging????
Shame shame,I miss her posts. Not going to go looking on My Space for her.LOL

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes Mr. Brian.....I now have two police reports on this girl. Things like this really, really bother me.

You don't have to like my daughter, but then just stay away from her!

Noemi said...

You go girl! I love the post! I am with you with realizing that in a couple of years the kids are off to college. Joey only has two more years and off he goes! ::SIGH:: As for the physco gal I would take it to the last consecuences. WOW I just heard you ROAR here in FLORIDA~! LOL

Hugs!

Laura Nipper said...

That is so awful.I can't imagine having to go through that in Middle School. Kids now a days are so mean & can't not be trusted. Emmie has to go to high school with this crazy girl?

Holly said...

Great post! Looks like a fun B-day party! That girl needs to get a life......you would think she would have beter things to do than be so mean....... Good for Emmie for sticking up for herself though!

Ashley said...

OH YEAH - I'm hearing you roar all the way in Texas. ;) I can't believe the way some people act. geez. The birthday party looks like a blast! =D Glad to hear the fence is going up. lol!

Colleen said...

Ummm....first of all, I just have to say that I LOVE that you used "Sarabi"!! Too cute.

Anyhow....I had a similar situation in highschool. My family didn't do anything for me..but no harm..I eventually move to FLA, and it went away. Scary stuff tho. Emmie sounds like she can handle her "own"..but you never know these days. So scary out there. You did the right thing.

Good party stuff... she has great friends.

3 Peanuts said...

Steffie,

You go girl! I am filing all of this away in case I should ever need it. Emmie always seems so sweet. I cannot imagine anyone not liking her:)


Kim

Praise and Coffee said...

Stef, this is aweful! I'm so glad that you are the protective SARABI that you are!

That would infuriate me too!

Did you get my email about next week and my daughters decomposing teeth? :)

What are we going to do with these kiddos when we get together? Someone told me that Bounce Land is really fun, have you been there?

Talk to ya soon,
Sue

Sophie's Mom said...

Wow! What a post! I am with you on taking care of your girl. Now another thing that would get me riled up would be boys slapping my girl's tush (Mine's 13 too). Actually, she would take care of that one all on her own, and they'd never do THAT again! ;) I think our girls could be great friends! Great idea for a birthday party!

Kim said...

Hey girl! Thanks for visiting my blog although I can't possibly figure how you'd have time to miss me, it's sweet of you to say such nice things :) Hope you've all been doing well. What's going on with Em at school? Totally uncool with that psycho girl messing with her. Emmie is such a sweetie, how could anyone be wanting to do that? Kids can be so cruel.

Happy 13th Birthday!!! Wow, that is exciting! I remember that day that my 'baby' turned 13. I think I cried all day. She is such a beautiful young lady inside and out. You will have to watch out for those boys but she is smart and trustworthy just too nice and may need extra protection it sounds like they are getting a bit 'handsy' Makes me glad I have a few more years before Jaiden is a teen. Yikes! I pale at the thought...

Your such a good mamma that your cubs are going to be great grownups and be great assets to the world...spreading happiness and fun wherever they go.

Kim said...

sorry, re-reading the post I didn't realize the 'assets' comment may be a bit uncouth for this post lol

Kim said...

You GO GIRL...
I would do the same thing..
I don't let anyone get in the way of my little ones..
Looks like Emmi had a Great Birthday...
She will do good... she will make you proud...
Hugs..
Thank you soooo much for the card...
I so appriciate it..
Kim

redmaryjanes said...

You did the right thing regarding the bullying. You cannot be too careful, just look at all of the things happening in schools around the country.
And Emmie is just beautiful. She's smart, she'll be careful about the boys she dates (did I say date??) are you ready for that in a year or two?
Hang in there Mom, you have raised her right. This girl has a great head on her shoulders.

Wendy said...

The party look like a lot of fun!!! She is so pretty

Anonymous said...

excellent job on the party ... i would have loved to have attended and pretended to be a teen again ..

secondly, excellent job on being Sarabi... statistics show that this young girl has probably been bullied before or is bullied at home. this is not something to take lightly, so i am right in your corner ... we have to stop bulling in our schools.

3rdly, not happy that there are young men touching said best booty in school ... you tell emmie no one touches the gifts God has given her unless they want a swift kick in their arse !!! i may have to fly to MI on my way to China if said boys don't keep hands to themselves !!!!

love ya sister !!!!

~Amy~ said...

No date yet... Tyler said he has to go with your hubby to pick out the ring. That could be a good OR a bad thing.. ;) I hope you have a great weekend too!

Terri said...

You are just to darn cute!!! You make a great SARABI and I would have done the same thing, so now I am taking lessons from the pro!!!

Emmie by the way is absolutely beautiful and you must keep those boys off that booty!!!

"Happy Belated Birthday Emmie"!!!

Terri

Robin said...

You Go Girl!

Your Emmie is beautiful! I remember those days when my sweet Sarah was going through high school. She had to skip a grade when we moved and was in high school at 13. It was rough but she/we made it throug. We are the bestest of friends and yet she still knows "i am the mom!". :0)
Enjoy every moment of these teen years!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!
Your post on Emmie with the spiteful little girl is bringing me back to my own middle school harassment with Lori ( cant remember her last name) Help me with the last name... lol She hung out with Tracy Summers. She did the same thing to me. All because Jeff Waterbury liked me and sat with me on the stupid bus ride every morning. I feel for Emmie and your doing the right thing by getting involved. My parents just let me handle it all on my own.
I did march into Mr. Dittmer's office and demand that she stop harassing me. It's so sad but to this day I do not like this girl. LOL... Oh my heart goes out to Emmie. Tell her to keep her feet on the ground and her head held high and this to shall pass.
Middle school can be so rough!
A girl cant help it when she's got the look. Hope everything turns out just fine. Stef, you make me laugh. I would do the very same thing. Dont mess with my baby. It just brings out the claws in us Mother Bears. Here me roar. Good for you!!

Steffie B. said...

Oh....you are talking about Lori Ragla......she harassed me until the day she graduated. I always said that I would NOT put up with this or let my child go through this. Oh.....you'll hear me roar all right! ;)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Whew. No messing around with you, Stef. Excellent work keeping your Emmie safe. My husband (the school social worker) has been actively doing bullying prevention programs in the elementary schools in his district for the last 3 years. The bullying is starting earlier and earlier. Hang in there, friend. That drink sounds well needed this week!

Kim K.

Elise said...

Looks like Em had a very fun birthday! I am so sorry you are having to go through the "mean" girl trauma again this year, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things. These "mean" girls should never underestimate the lengths moms will go to when their cubs are threatened. You go mama bear!

Barbara said...

Best booty??????
Threatening girls?????
I better start lifting weights NOW.
B

Anonymous said...

Stef,

I just thought about it and I did not even tell you it was me that wrote about Lori Ragla. It's me Michele. And it was not Tracy Summers but Tracy Culpepper. Gosh I am loosing it.
Did you know that Lori changed her name to Lauren legally and that last I knew she had a little boy who was a little monster.
She deserves bad kids. LOL...
She was so mean. Gossip Gossip Gossip shame upon me... Have a great weekend!

Shirley said...

YO GO GIRLFRIEND..you have seen my daughter..reminds me of your Emmie.I would totally do the same thing..Ok as for drinks...what's the addy??? and what am I sending??
allysmum@aol.com
See ya!!!

Tiffany said...

You go Sarabi!

That birthday party sounds like so much fun.

The booty thing makes me want to skip the teenage years with Lily.... then I realized her bum is so flat she won't likely be voted best Round and Out there booty.....bless her little heart (and bum)

PandaMom said...

Hey, come on over and check out my Saturday post. I think you'll get quite a chuckle!!! ; )

kerri said...

Proud of you. You did the right thing, this should never be tolerated, EVER.
Happy Birthday Emmie.

Mr.Brian said...

When does the gang get to come kick butt to this PHYSCO GAL?????
I am thinking we could have some fun.
Or I guess we could do the right thing and try praying for this girl that she may find peace in her own life and walk the walk.
Hmmmm guess that is a better idea Mr.Brian.

Pam said...

You go Mama. I have told Greg that I will not put up with people being mean to my baby. I get irritated with people giving us that look of "is she really their daughter?" when we are out. I'm ready to attack just for that. I hope she doesn't have any one try to bully her when she gets into school. I might have to quite my job.

Deb said...

A Momma on a mission! We have to do what we can to protect our gals. Looks like she had a wonderful party.

Deb said...

Ps. As far as the guys go take my approach....LOL....tell them two things they must always keep in mind...Momma is a Christian.....and you know how to hide a body!!! That will keep them on thier best behavior!

t~ said...

First: Very cool girl party!

Second: I can't believe that the school did not step in sooner. With al the school issues in today's world, I find that shocking. Good for you for taking it all the way. I hope the year improves!

Carey said...

You're right, the boys better watch out!

insanemommy said...

OMG. I have missed so much. I can't see your site on firefox. so I'm on explorer... Anyway, I was just about ready to jump on my broom and come up there and kick some effing ass!!! That is totally unexcusable! I'm pissed now..... Stay on it girl. Don't let up. Not for one minute.

kitchu said...

Holy cow... THIRTEEN??? She looks closer to 18 in that outfit!! (And I'm thinking though Tod is incredibly cute and deeply spiritual, he'll be 18 in just a few months, so I'm not sure he and Emmie would make a "match" :O))...

LOVE the party decorations and it sounds like it was tons of fun.

Stay on that situation, you are one strong mama lion!