When we got back to our hotel room, Sophia became very upset. I don't know how we managed to get her changed and bathed, but we did. She drank her bottle and I remember it took David singing to her for her to finally calm down. The first thing I noticed were her eyes. I thought they were the most beautiful sleeping eyes I had ever seen. I knew I had to take a picture of this moment. There is a little tear on her right eye in the corner. I don't know if you can see it. Taking pictures of her sleeping is one of my favorites......it's all about the eyes....those beautiful almond shaped eyes.......~SIGH~ ;)
I'll never forget Sophia giving us these little smirks at the end of our 2nd day together. I was playing peek a boo with her from behind a chair. She was slowly coming out of her shell shock. The very first night when I put her to bed, when I checked on her the next morning, I was horrifed to see that she was in the exact same postition I put her to bed in. Nothing had changed......it was then that I realized just how truly traumatic this was for her. I could barely contain my tears. We were very fortunate that she bonded to all of us so well. She was just incredible. Look at that smirk.............my precious 8 month old baby girl..........and look at my sweet Emmie......her smile says it all doesn't it? Finally........God answered her prayer.





37 comments:
Oh how sweet. Isn't it amazing how after about the third day you could see a breakthrough in these babies? It's amazing what LOVE can do? Sophie is just precious. I love the little red and white striped outfit.
Mallory was like Sophia on the first night. She didn't move from the position she was in. It was sad. Now Miss Mallory moves all over her bed during the night. :)
It is amazing to see what love can transform. I love almond eyes too.
Our wait is moving along...I know you know the second time isn't any easier. Hopefully only about 6-8 more months to go.
How amazing...
I know that this journey is going to be an amazing one.. but with you telling this story and watching the others.. I just will not know the true meaning until I am there myself..
You are doing a great job of helping us out here who have never been in this situation yet.. know how it is..
I love it...
Thank you..
Kim
it is like a time capsule seeing those pictures ...they are such beautiful eyes ....how she has grown into the Beckering she was always meant to be ... love ya !!!
Those eyes, beautiful... those cheeks, kissable!
precious! I can't wait to be looking into my own daughters beautiful almond-shaped eyes. :-)
You are taking me back, Stef!
That little smirk is soooo Sophia...soooo cute.
I love taking pictures of sleeping babies! (as long as you don't wake them up. Ha Ha).
She is so beautiful, it is amazing how God helps them adjust and they begin to open up. I can't wait until it's my turn!
Love the header.
I can never begin to think of what it was like for these precious children as they were placed in the arms of total strangers.But what a wonderful gift you recieved.And how wonderfull these children bonded with the family.
Alright, now I know that I need to have a tissue nearby when I come to your blog this week. This is all so beautiful Steffie. Just look Sophia and Emmie in that last picture.
yes, you are right, the most beautiful sleeping eyes!!!!!
Sophia looked so robust and healthy!
Ours were emanciated and teeny weeny who couldn't hold their own heads up at 10months.
Emmie has transformed into quite a lady from the time of these pics. It's great to share your family moments.
Those cheeks are red from pinching?
Love the smirk! Again, this is bringing back so many memories for me. Thanks for sharing such special photos. Btw, I can't believe how young Emmie looks!! So sweet!
She is SO precious. I love going down memory lane and remembering these wonderful times... The journeys to our children are such an incredible miracle.
Sure you can add me to yor blog roll! I love visitng yours. Your Thing 1 and Thing 2 are just adoprable!
What a wonderful trip down memory lane. Such a special and monumental day.
Too cute!
Keep smilin!
Each and every picture is just amazing. The picture of her sleeping took my breath when I opened your page. It is a beautiful picture.
She and Emmie look so happy. :)
Thank you for sharing that. You daughter is was so very beautiful. I really liked going through your memory with you, helps make it more real. I hope it goes that well for us too. I can understand why you need to go back for another.
It was love at first sight huh?
Love the pictures. So cute. She has the most priceless grin.
I love that sleeping photo...awww, and the teardrop. Emmie looks so happy to have a baby sister..what a blessing all your kidlets are : )
You are bringing back SO many memories!! What a trip of a lifetime!!
Your girls are beautiful! Gives me a bit of hope that it might actually happen.
Both of those girls have grown to get prettier every day. WOW....makes me wonder what Hannah will look like in a couple of years. You are so blessed with your family.
She does have beautiful eyes...but those chunky cheeks are to die for...they were made for kissing!
I love, love, love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! Sophia and Emmie are just so precious!
I can't wait to have similar memories.
Is she always so cheery???
Isn't it amazing how soon they come to love and trust us? And I just can't get over how much Emmie has grown. Both your daughters have grown into beautiful young ladies...
She is so beautiful and those lips are so sweet and kissable.
It's just so amazing to see your journey to Sophia.
The first night we put S + A to bed they didn't move a muscle either, (for different reasons)...we had to check to make sure that they were still breathing. We have been blessed with special gifts from God... now I'm getting all teary......
So very beautiful... you are making me so emotional... just beautiful...
you make us feel like we are there in China with you, experiencing what you are experiencing....so amazing, gives me the chills...
I just love the new blog look!
The 2 stories of Sophia in CHina are great. THey both made me tear up, that is powerful love and I hope and pray that one day I will be in China expierencing the same thing!
The first and last pictures are just to cry. Yes the change is pretty incredible between the first moments with our girls and one or 2 days later.
Your 2 girls have changed so much!
Sweet baby girl!! We always tell the story about our first night with S.G. We put her in her crib and she crawled up to her pillow, layed down, and went to sleep. Daddy S. and I looked at each other and said, "Is that it? Is it really that easy?" Then we realized how "institutionalized she was."
Look how young Emmie looks there. Cutie Patootie!!
That sleeping picture is ....absolutely priceless. What could be more beautiful?
Such a cutie! And look how much Emmie has changed!!
Thanks for sharing these precious memories with us all!
What wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing. Your girls are so sweet.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts at this very special birthday time for Sophia. We missed seeing her this week, but hope to have plans created before the end of August. Let us know what might work for you. We are best after the 10th.
Steffie this post made me smile with you. Ahhh, you have a wonderful way with words. I can see how clearly in love with your darling little Sophia you are. You are such an awesome loving mom. To all of your miracles. Love you sweets.
Post a Comment