Oh my word......you people are so impatient! lol Contrary to what you believe I do have a busy life AND it is a holiday weekend. Sheesh....... ;)
So we are cruising home, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are happy in their car seats and watching Wiggles and I am listening to my 80's music! (Love, love, love my 80's music.) As most of us Mothers do, I am multi tasking with the Things as we move along. Singing to my music and theirs.
There are several stop lights that I must hit or miss on the way home. Today I seem to be hitting every one. No big deal.....my only goal on the way home is to keep Thing 2 awake because it is not a pretty site if the nap schedule gets screwed up. I can't begin to tell you how totally anal I am about the Thing's nap schedule. I soooooo need that time so I can re group and prepare for the afternoon and evening. Anyhoo........
As I hit one of the stop lights, I can see out of the corner of my eye that this semi is creeping up on my left side. Being that I am now driving the Mama Machine, I am high up and can see into the semi pretty darn good. I glance over, look up and this guy in the semi gives me this big "trying to be sexy cheeser grin". My left nostril flares in disgust and thankfully the light turns green. Off the Mama Machine goes, but not very fast as M37 seems to be bogged down with traffic and I am in the middle lane. Only a few more lights to go before the stretch opens up and I'm free. I am at the second to the last light and sure enough.....here comes Mr. Sexy Cheeser again. I can't help myself and I look at him, only this time as he gives me the big "I'm so sexy cheeser smile", he bobbles his head and gives me the thumbs up! What the dilly, people?!?!?!? What the dilly??????? I look out my wind shield, look back and he is STILL doing it! OK big sticker.........What are you smokin' in that semi you freak-o-la! Oh....and so I don't tick anyone off here.....I have nothing against semi drivers. However, this one is a freak-o-la!
I refrain from putting down my window, because I can be a sassy sort of thing......I know it is a problem, but at least I can admit it......I'm thinking to myself.............do you not see the kind of vehicle I am driving? It is not my first choice.....it is because I have a boat load of kids in the back. Did you not just see me singing the "quack, quack quack , cock-a-doodle-doo song? I know you did! I know the windows are tinted, but it is obvious that there are toys hanging from the upper bar to entertain Thing 1 and Thing 2 as the Mama Machine rolls along. I know that I am sporting some sweet sunglasses.....(Gwen told me I had to if I was going to drive a Ghetto machine)......and my lips are plumping from my oh so awesome plumper..........but you can just take your big cheese head bobbin grin and park it buddy! Both nostrils flare at him and I take off. Then I see him pull down his CB radio.....do they even still use those? I saw the big curly cord.......and I fear the conversation that big sticker is about to have is something like this.......
Ah yeah....this is Big Sexy Sticker looking for Rosco, over...
This is Rosco...go ahead
There is a suspicious over-sized van heading south bound on M37. The woman is blonde, she has huge black glasses on, and over sized lips. There are also two unidentified objects in the back unable to sit still. There may be more. She was last seen flapping her arms like a chicken, crowing like a rooster and then singing Robert Palmer's "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On". You may need back up.
Roger that Big Sticker, will use caution when approaching the vehicle.......it sounds like she is tripping on acid. 

All I wanted was a new stroller people.....just a new stroller!






45 comments:
Hilarious!! I'm laughing so hard.
Thanks for the good laugh today!
That is sooo funny...OMG!
BTW what fantatsic lip plumper are you using I tried a couple and they are ok...but I need bigger lips!
Come on..you just can't help your hot mama self. Must be the lip plumper!
You are too funny...had to read the story to the whole fam for a Sunday afternoon giggle:)
You have me in stiches!!! I am singing that Quack, Quack, Quack song in the van now too!!!!
Oh Stef...you crack me up.
I've been on that stretch of road, I know what those truckers are like, and NONE of them have ever given me that trying to be sexy cheeser grin" -- it has to be the sunglasses and lip plumper, you ARE the Hot Mama!
Thanks for finishing the story (and glad the trucker didn't follow you all the way home!)
Oh, one more thing. I am so with you on that 80's music thing (although truthfully, I switch happily between 70's & 80's on my XM dial).
Have a great Memorial Day tomorrow!
What a hoot !!
How funny. You crack me up !
You are too funny! Thanks for letting us all in on your adventure.
www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com
You hot moma you!Thanks for finishing this oh so funny story.
You are a hoot,I love it when you get silly for us.Also glad you made the trip home safe with thing 1 and thing 2.
Great.....just what I want to be! A "hot mama" to a semi truck driver! NOT!
You are so funny!!!
Priceless! Now I feel complete again...WHEW!
Hey 80's girl, maybe it was BJ and he thought you had his BEAR! HA! ; )
hahahahahahaha... oh I just cannot stop laughing. And here I thought the nostril flare was a diaper incident!!
You're killin' me over here!
I guess I really gotta get me some of that lip plumper...
You are way too cute! I would have been scaired out of my wits! LOL
So tell us about this lip plumper????
You are hilarious! I need to get me some plumper!
You are a hoot and a half!!
Keep smilin!
That is to funny... You know there are all kinds out there.. Have a GREAT DAY..
Kim
Stef- That was probably the funniest story I've heard in a long time! I so know what you mean with those semi drivers. I have to wear skirts to work and I get all sorts of honks....They freak me out too...I swear I'll get in an accident sometime because of them! Anyways, good story and good job with the Thing's at the store! haha If you ever need a night off, Tyler and I would love to watch them for you!
Love-Amy
Girly girl-- YOU ARE HOT and not just to those semi-truck drivers. *wink*. I too love my 80's music. Thank goodness lm bought me my brand new spanking satelite radio. I can listen all day with no interuptions! Yee-haw.....
Funny, funny story girl.
Rony
p.s. I'm a bit of a sass machine myself...ha ha
You crack me up girl! Gotta find out what lip plumper you use! I promise I'll just use it on special' occasions! ;)
ok ... let me paint a picture for ya ... remember our email the other day and what i want of yours (hee hee)...Big Sticker is just high enough up in that Monster truck to check out the sunglasses, plumping lips and those TaTa's ... hee hee !!! Thanks for sharing the adventure it gave me a hoot of laugh here in TN..I often wonder why the double take when i am in the ghetto yacht .... who drives these mongo vans for fun !!! perhaps i can take the car seats out and at the reunion all the moms can pile for a late night trip to starbucks!!! Lip plumper and All!
You are still sexy girl!!! Got your plumper lips going on and that long blonde hair just a flowing in the air conditioner. Woo Hoo!! Thumbs up!!!
Hey, take it as a big compliment. After, how many kiddos, you're still a Hot Mama!! I probably would have smiled at him and said, "THANK YOU!" LOL!!
Hey hot momma, LOLOLOL tell me what I need to do to have the female truckers (or any females as far as that goes) giving me that ohhh soooo special smile.Maybe it is because i do not wear the sunglasses.Or maybe it's because the lip plumper reached my belly instead.Several times over.
I know I can always count on you for a good laugh.Thanks for brightening my days.....
LOL You are TOO funny! Finally the cliff hanger concludes. This was like a made for TV mini series that made you wait until next week for the conclusion.... Holiday or not you were killin' us with suspence.....
Now, as to the story......
"You are one HOT MAMA baby!"
Get 'em, Hot MaMa!!!!
Word of advice: next time don't just flare your nostrils, flare them and then stick your finger up one. That will make his cheesey grin disappear.
Its your hot self!! Too hot for the mama mobile. LOL!! I would have given a great big thank you to him. Compliments - no matter where they come from are good for me anyday!
Haha! You get 'em.
Too funny.
Stef,
Great story! See you still look hot as you approach that big birthday. I'm with Colleen, I'll take the compliment where I can get hem these days!
Kim
You are too funny. I am glad to know someone else says "freak-o-la". HAHA.
I also LOVE 80's music. I am on the board for our county junior miss program and we did an 80's theme. I had a ball decorating for it! Brought back great memories of my high school days.
That is so funny. I can picture it min. by min. I bet your husband was cracking up when you told him the story. Hey when you got you got girl. :)
Stef, that is hysterical! I think I've seen him on M37 too!
Thanks for the smile! (and the snort out loud too)
Love it.
Stef you crack me up. I think I would have been sick. I have actually gotten to where I ignore cars that pull up beside me. I have had friends tell me later that they saw me but I didn't even look at them.
to funny!
I am feeling good these days other than the first 2 hours when I wake up every day. Thanks for asking sweetie!
Hi Stef!
For some reason we are having
trouble seeing your blog again
but we wanted to say hi and we
hope you and your family had
a great Memorial Day weekend!
Take care!
I needed that laugh! Thanks
Just wanted to let you know that the Adoption BlogPost RoundUp round-up is up!
I can not see your blog again and now I'm pissed! I've got to get to the bottom of this..... The only posting I can see is the one title "thing one and thing two"... So strange. Just cleared my cache and still not working. Going to have to bring in the big guns to figure this out.
Rony
p.s. missing your laughs.
I 2nd Rony! I thought I was the only one that couldn't see it! It's a giant space before the 'thing 1 & 2' post. I thought you were on vacation! ;)
Rony, if you figure it out, let me know?
Christine
Hey guys!
With my computor, I am having
trouble seeing again! (sorry)
But wanted to stop by and say
hi! I hope you are doing
great!
Post a Comment