Thursday, May 24, 2007

Random things about me

Ok....so I am a little behind in my tag postings, so here are some random facts that you might not know about me.
  1. I was the Children's Ministry Director at our church for 8 years. Six of those years were volunteer, and my last two, I was paid staff. Reason for leaving....just plain burned out!
  2. I made the Varsity Tennis Team as a freshmen in HS and I played doubles. My partner and I were 2nd in the state that year! The Newspaper called us the "The Dynamic Duo"
  3. I have a fear of very deep water. If you even touch me in the water I just about panic at the thought of being pulled under. I have extra locks on all my doors leading to the outside so the kids can't get out! I've had drowning dreams about Emmie and Sophia. I expect Daniel's any day now. I wake up nearly hyper-ventilating.
  4. I started piano at the age of 4 and competing at age 5. I studied for 10 years with my last year at Western Michigan University.
  5. I love summer, hate winter. I use to be a major sun goddess, but when I went in to have what I thought was just a cyst removed, it ended up being basil cell skin cancer. Guess I need to be a little more careful!
  6. My favorite out fit to wear would be Gap flare jeans, black shoes/boots, black top of some sort and chunky silver jewelry. I'm a simple kinda gal.
  7. I never go anywhere without lip gloss.
  8. My favorite perfume is Spellbound by Estee Lauder. I've worn it for the last 15 years.
  9. I look really ugly when I try to down hill ski, but my ski outfit is killer and I look s-w-e-e-t in the lodge! lol
  10. Most of my family lives in The Netherlands. I traveled there quite a bit through my childhood.

19 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

All this time of blogging and I never knew you had family in the Netherlands.
I am thinking you need to come Dutch Dance with me next year.It will give Becky lots of photo opps.
That was interestint to read. I've learned a little more about you.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am with you on the drowning fears ... all 3 kids can swim and maggie will get lessons as soon as she gets home ... another reason why i got two lifeguards for the reunion ... I am Gap girl also... i am thinking you and emmie need to head to nashville so we can go on a shopping spree someday ... lol

C's Mom said...

Those are some awful dreams. That would terrify me!

Ahhh, piano. I have wanted to take lessons for years. Now I'm hoping my girl will want to with her mama. Then again, depending on her interests, I may be going to rock-climbing sessions.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I hate dreams like that they haunt you for days. Good for you on the extra locks! It's always fun to get to know more about our blogging buddies.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

So you're a Dutchie too? :-) My hubby's family is from Holland.

I have bad dreams about fire. I am petrified of fire.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Netherlands? Very cool.

I'm the total opposite--hate summer, love winter.

Those are some scary dreams. Yikes.

Jill and Jaap said...

My hubby's family is all there too!

Beckyb said...

All the things I DIDN'T know about you - how fun!!!

dawn said...

Love the skiing comment.
Great list and always fun to hear little tidbits.
The dreams are awful.

Elizabeth said...

I have the deep water fear too. I am convinced that I drowned in a past life.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Steffie,
I try to log on to your blog every day, but can never see your posts. I can see all of your comments (they are listed on the left hand sidebar and all the way at the bottom of your blog).
Sigh...I miss reading your words. Why can't I see you?

Wendy said...

I am glade I am not the only one who looks scary when down hill skiing!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Have a Great Day!!!

Elise said...

Love summer, hate winter too but have had similar problems with scary skin cells...so it is probably a good thing we live in the northern part of the country:) BTW, I was born in Michigan but in the U.P.:)

Karen said...

Interesting stuff! I took piano for 7 or 8 years. I love spring. Summer is just too hot and muggy here.

Colleen said...

Ok - I am SOOO gonna copy your palm tree pic here for my tag. I swear I will do it tomorrow. Your lip gloss thing makes me laugh...welcome to the lap balm club. I can't list that tho - as everyone already knows it about me.

Anonymous said...

I like the meme posts...so interesting to hear about people. My fear of deep water is only when I'm in a lake for some reason. I love to swim and scuba dive and feel that I can tackle about anything happening to me in the water... but a murky looking lake really freaks me out.

Nikki said...

Children's Ministry Director???
Tennis??
Piano?

I didn't know any of this about you!
We need to have some long chats next weekend WHEN YOU ARE HERE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I too hate (although hate is a strong word) dislike winter. Too cold for my arse. I love the spring/summer...

Rony

redmaryjanes said...

Girl, I never even saw this post. You have a really great list. We are going to have to put upper locks on our doors too to keep Eli from being able to get outside to the lake.