I decided that I wasn't going to do a Mother's Day post because since coming home with Sophia, my views on that particular day have changed dramatically. I have never felt that I needed a "special day" just for loving my family. My family, how ever it was created, is my family to love and care for.
However, after thinking about everything that Mother's Day means to me and what a wonderful day I had, I couldn't let what all my children and husband did for me go unnoticed. James asked me "what I wanted for Mother's Day". I always dread this question, because for me gifts aren't necessary. I told him that fresh flowers would be wonderful. And I received a beautiful vase of flowers from James, DJ and Emily. (DJ's girlfriend) Thank you so much......I love them!
David went out a got me this beautiful Pagoda to put around the plants and flowers. Pagoda's seem to be my "Red Thread Connection" while waiting with this next adoption. We took an afternoon boat ride when the kids woke up, went on a few walks with them as well and enjoyed the sunny day we were blessed with. He grilled steaks and chicken for dinner....it was wonderful. I even had a glass of wine! lol
Susan sent me a card all the way from Australia. It was purple....my favorite color. And in it was a very thoughtful message. Thank you Susan, I miss you too!
Emmie
bought me a darling Mom picture frame and filled it with pictures of the family. It is in my living room on an end table. Also, a littl
e "Blessing's" key chain of some sort which is now hanging on the light by my computer. There were 5 cards in the bag. 3 from her, 1 from Sophia and 1 from Daniel. She also bought a cute little cake. It was quite yummy. I think what blew me away the most is when I was going to some blogs that I thought might be having a hard day and needing so
me encouragement, I stopped by hers to see if she did "Smart Card Sunday". Instead, I found a beautiful post just for me. It brought tears to my eyes...........she is growing up so fast, but she will always be my little girl.......my "Lulu", my "Lovey".........thank you all for making it such a special day.
Love,
Mom &
"Stef"
However, after thinking about everything that Mother's Day means to me and what a wonderful day I had, I couldn't let what all my children and husband did for me go unnoticed. James asked me "what I wanted for Mother's Day". I always dread this question, because for me gifts aren't necessary. I told him that fresh flowers would be wonderful. And I received a beautiful vase of flowers from James, DJ and Emily. (DJ's girlfriend) Thank you so much......I love them! 




21 comments:
WONDERFUL gifts that made for a great day - you know, I'm not all hip on the day either, but sometimes it's good to just tell others we appreciate them - and I'm not sure that happens often enough for moms!!! Glad you had a good day!
I know I do not tell my mom enough how special she is to me.I need to work on that more.
Sounds like you are very blessed to have children that think so much of you. I am thinking they learned there love nd kindness from you. You always sound do compassionate and loving. A great mom and a great friend.
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day. You deserve it. You are a fantastic mother.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! It is so sweet how your family celebrated your day!
Thanks for sharing your fabulous day with us!
PS: Purple is my fave color too. Absolutely.
thoughtful wonderful gifts. It's so nice to be treasured.
How sweet. I'm glad you had such a great day.
What a wonderful day! I just love all of your gifts. The pagoda is wonderful.
what a great day!!
Sonds like you had a lovely day. I really like the pagoda, what a beautiful addition to a garden.
you are one special lady !!! i feel so blessed at how God has drawn us all together from all over the united states !!! it is days like this that i realize why i pray for emily/maggie's bio mothers ... what a gift they have given me !!!!
Wonderful gifts from a wonderful family for a wonderful mom!
Keep smilin!
Glad you liked your picture frame!! I hoped you would!
Love you too... <3
:) Em
Looks like a wonderful day.... THEY LOVE YOU....
Looks like a wonderful day!
What a sweet and thoughtful family you have. I'm glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day.
What a great family you have. Sounds like you had a great time.
I'm glad you enjoyed such a special day, Stef! You've got a wonderful family and you are an inspiring mom!
Love ya!
No wonder you feel so loved! You have a very thoughtful and appreciative family.
What a wonderful day for you and your family. I know you are a lucky woman and I somehow can tell how very lucky they are to have you too! :o) Thanks for the push to get a more uplifting post over in my neck of the woods!
What a wonderful day with a wonderful family!
Post a Comment