I was so excited when I found Kimberley's blog online....not to mention the fact that we
both live fairly close to each other. We started emailing besides commenting on each others blogs and an online friendship took off. We finally decided to meet for a celebration dinner once I was DTC.
Once I called Emmie to reassure her that I wasn't meeting some "wacko nut job" as she put it....our evening started off like we were old friends that had known each other for years. Our waiter Chow, said he couldn't
believe we were meeting for the first time. Kimberley was everything that her blog expresses. She is artistic, kind, funny and her heart is already longing for her daughter to come home. She has Motherly wisdom and she always shows genuine concern for anything I need to talk about. We thought it was interesting that both of our families had been dining at Yen Ching's for years. Lucy who is in the picture with us, is the owner's daughter. David and I have held several parties there in their back room and I even went into labor there with Emmie. I'm looking forward to watching Kimberley's adoption journey unfold as we walk this long wait together.........
believe we were meeting for the first time. Kimberley was everything that her blog expresses. She is artistic, kind, funny and her heart is already longing for her daughter to come home. She has Motherly wisdom and she always shows genuine concern for anything I need to talk about. We thought it was interesting that both of our families had been dining at Yen Ching's for years. Lucy who is in the picture with us, is the owner's daughter. David and I have held several parties there in their back room and I even went into labor there with Emmie. I'm looking forward to watching Kimberley's adoption journey unfold as we walk this long wait together.........




23 comments:
BIG HUG my friend! I love those pictures!!! So, when's the next girls night???
I figured she would be very nice and friendly..but I'd rather be safe than sorry you know? lol! :)
Bloggy meetups are the best.
Keep smilin!
That is SO COOL!!! It really is a small world, isn't it!
(CONGRATULATIONS on getting the Thinking Blogger Award!!! ...but, your blog has some stiff competition in your daughter's captivating blog! ...hmmm, heard SHE got the award, too, recently!!!)
Blog looks great! So nice you two got to meet up!
Ok, I'm just jealous - fun and Yen Chings- I LOVE that place!!!!
I'm so jealous...in a good way though. That's awesome that you two got to meet.
Glad you girls had such a good time! What a blessing that you live so close.
I often wish I could meet up with my bloggy friends for yummy food and conversation, or COFFEE...
That is so great that you both live so close together. It is great to have someone you can meet with to talk about the journey with.
Glad you guys had the chance to meet!
Looks like you guys had a great night out!
That is so neat! Isn't God good?!
I would love that! And I love the new pic on the blog.
(I'm pretty sure I'm not a wacko nut job...but the jury's still out!)
That's really cool you got to meet up with some of your blog buddies. You guys should keep in touch!
How nice to get to meet one of your blogging buddies. I am glad they were not some crazed nut case who would have fourced you into her car and made you go blogging with her on a laptop.Blogging on sites of people you did not know and leave crazy posts.
Hey wait I guess that is what i am kind of doing.
LOLOL Glad you got to meet a new friend.I would love for your family to be able to come to Iowa some day.
How fun, good for you! I want to come too... Savannah has lots of good Chinese restaurants.... heehee
What a blessing to you both as you can support one another through the wait! Loved taking a peek at those the blogger awards you posted!
I'm green with envy.
I hope your new found friendship flurishes from year to year.
Cute photos. I love my bloggy buds too...the greatest :0)
Good stuff!! I am so glad that I got to meet the friends that I have and know they will be friends forever.
sounds like a true friendship !!!! isn't blogging just a blessing ....
Hey, if you're talkig about the Yen Ching on 28th street in G.R., I'm in the neighborhood too! Next time, give me a little jingle and I'll meet y'all!
It's great being able to meet bloggy friends. One of the best things that has happened as a result of this very long wait.
Bloggy friends are so fun!
Post a Comment