I will never forget the first day we were joined as a family. Sophia became very upset when we walked into our hotel room. We managed to get her changed and fed, but she then started to cry again. I remember my heart just breaking for her. It took Daddy singing to her for her to calm down and finally take a nap. This is my very first picture of my beautiful daughter sleeping. I remember going back to look at the picture after I took it to see if it turned out, and I let out a gasp as her almond shaped eyes just seemed to stare at me while they were closed. It was a beautiful moment for me. When I look at this picture I am so thankful that God chose her for us. I can't imagine my life with out her. There is just something so special about Sophia's eyes that I totally and completely love........open or closed. I often find myself going into her room while she is sleeping so I can just stare at her.......and it always, always takes me back to this very first picture I have of my precious little gift from Hunan, China.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






23 comments:
I know what you mean about those eyes. I love how many different expressions Hannah has with her eyes. My heart melts every time I look into her eyes.
I love to picture.
So true about the eyes. They are some thing special.
After hearing from the Bilby's about the life of these precious little children I was shocked at what could have happened to them.
I thank God for all you wonderful families who have opened up your heart and your homes to take these darling children into your homes.They may be a blessing to you but all you parents are truely a blessing to them as well.
What a beautiful picture! Such a sweet memory, too.
I too am an eyes person (it seems that is the first thing I notice on someone), and I agree, Sophia has the bestest eyes, so very sweet.
I love the sleeping pictures. We have some of our spicy girl sleeping on our first day together. She looks sooo sweet.
Beautiful post, beautiful pic of your precious girl.
Beautiful....it took me back to the first days we spent with Jazzie...in Hunan as well....
I HAVE A PICTURE IN ALMOST THAT SAME POSITION WITH EMILY IN CHINA. SCOTT WASN'T THERE AND HE SAYS THAT IS HIS FAVORITE PICTURE BECAUSE SHE FINALLY LOOKS AT HOME IN MY ARMS !!!
Gotta agree with it all - I LOVE my princess' almond eyes - Hmmmm, maybe that's why it's so hard to say "No" to these little ones!!! :) Just kidding!! But yes, just like God planned - they are totally at home in their forever family's arms!!
Thank you for commenting in my guest book. Your blog is beautiful! I would love to link it to mine if I can.
AH yes! Those eyes!
I never tire of looking at Lily's either. Such beautiful girls.
Very precious. She was a beautiful baby.
I love your picture and insight to what that first day was like. It is amazing how each child is perfect for each family. Thanks for sharing.
What a precious photo, memory and little girl.
Keep smilin!
Beautiful Indeed!
Please tell your daughter I missed smart card Sunday.
Don't worry friends....Emmie will be back soon. She hasn't forgotten about you or her blog. She was gone for the entire weekend on a youth group retreat, last week was a horrible week for her and now she is just exhausted! Keep her in your thoughts.....I praying she doesn't get sick.
Wow! Gorgeous picture!
my favorite is those SWEET CHEEKS!!!
Oh man...that one made me melt!
LOVE the new blog look.
Thanks for sharing this picture...makes my heart melt - and tells me the wait is worth it!
What a wonderful picture. It is almost like you can see her soul. It is pictures like these that keep me going that we will bring baby L home one day!
I found you through the Ultimate Blog Party.
I must say that this is a breath taking picture of your little girl. I just love it!
Sophia is just gorgeous!
Post a Comment