Saturday, December 2, 2006

What lurks in the next room

So, it is a nice peaceful morning. I'm downstairs having my morning coffee, planning out my day, and yet I know what lurks around the corner. I'm doing my best to ignore it. Telling myself that I have plenty of time, what's the rush? It can wait just another day......don't worry I tell myself. Besides, there is so much more I have to do for Christmas besides what is lurking in that room. And yet, I can't fight this funny feeling inside, telling me to not wait much longer. Especially when UPS and FedEx arrive at my door daily! :) The Christmas presents! It is the wrapping, the scotch tape, bows, more wrapping paper, the sticky name labels, scissors, oh and let's not forget all the boxes that the stores give you to cram in all the things you bought, which you then have to tape the box shut on the sides because they are never big enough, hence your child getting a "box cut" Christmas morning due to sliding their finger underneath the tape to open the box. SIGH........... :)I'd better get wrapping! Because I must confess, that we have more upstairs in our bedroom as well!

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

And after you're done there - come and help me wrap, ok???? I HATE wrapping!!!

BTW - what is the big package right near the front - looks like Fisher Price?? Looks fun???

nikki said...

Happy wrapping Stef!
I haven't even started my shopping yet, UGH.