Sunday, August 7, 2011

{ Sweet Sophia is 7 }

summer (21 of 1) Today my sweet baby girl is 7. I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone by. It seems like only yesterday that we were in China for the first time bringing home our 8 month old baby girl. I remember standing in that small room in Hunan, along with all the other families and thinking to myself that it was the most beautiful "birthing room" I had ever been in. And now, our sweet girl is 7 years old and blossoming right before our eyes. summer (14 of 1) Sophia continues to be quite artistic and truly believes she is a princess. She likes all things girly and has a sense of style of grace about her that we just adore. In the six years she has been with us, she has welcomed 3 new siblings in her life. She has handled each transition very well and takes her roll as "sister" quite seriously. summer (24 of 1) When I see my beautiful daughter, I always stop and think about the Mother that had to make a very hard decision several years ago. I pray that she feels a sense of peace and some how knows that Sophia is loved and with her family. summer (20 of 1) I have no doubt, that without Sophia, there would be no Daniel, Andrew or Olivia. She brought us so much happiness that we were blessed beyond what we ever thought imaginable. Sophia truly blessed us in so many ways. summer (17 of 1) We love you so much.......our sweet Fia...... you truly are a dream come true. Fia (2 of 1) We are leaving this morning for our annual boat trip up to Torch Lake so this past weekend we had a little celebration for Sophia with close family friends. She was so excited with her cupcake flowers. Fia (1 of 1) For her birthday Sophia asked if she could have her bedroom redecorated. We painted the walls, put in new carpet and got all new bedding and accessories from Pottery Barn. She loves it and thanks us everyday. It is so sweet. Fia (3 of 1) May all your dreams come true my sweet girl........ ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your comment about how without Sophia there would not have been a Daniel, Andrew and Olivia! That's exactly how we felt about you. You were such a special child we couldn't imagine life without more...so that's how we got Corrie and Ingrid.
Happy Birthday sweet Sophia!
love, Mom

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday, Sofia. What a beautiful you are!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings to your sweet Sophia!

Kayce said...

Happy Birthday Sophia!! I hope your seventh year is full of lots of fun!!

redmaryjanes said...

Sending our love to our Sophia's best girlfriend. Happy Birthday!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Sending love and kisses to Miss Sophia from the Mooney's...
Love you sweet girl {{{[hug}}}}

sweet momma luv u said...

Happy Birthday Sophia! Hope 7 is absolutely a fantastic year for you!!!

Which SWI is Sophia from? I can't remember.... our little guy is from Zhuzhou,Hunan.

Good to hear from you again! I just love seeing your beautiful family! Enjoy the lake!
Jody

Christi and Abbey said...

Tears in my eyes and a big ole lump in my throat...she truly is a dream come true!!!!!!!!
I love your family

hollym.) said...

Happy 7th Birthday, Sophia! May all of your dreams come true, Sweetie!

Katrina said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl ! Sto lat -in polish,

Krista Dolan said...

Happy Birthday Sophia!! I love your cupcake flower cake!! What a great idea.
Krista D

JMCS said...

Happy 7th birthday Sophia. Wow, how did she become 7 already? She is an absolute joy and so beauitiful. You captured her beautifully. Hope her day was wonderful!

Hugs,
Jonni