It really is unreal to me that my first born is now 16 years old and going to China again for the 3rd time in her life. While she has already traveled all over the world at such a young age, the excitement of what we are going to do never leaves her. I am so proud of the sister and role model that Emmie is for Sophia, Andrew, Daniel and soon Olivia as well. Everyday she comes home from school and gives them hugs and kisses, snuggle time on the couch, one on one time, plays with them out in the snow. She just "gets" what it means to be a big sister. Her Father and I continue to be so proud of her. I have no doubt that she will be the biggest help she has ever been on this trip to China. There will be many emotions flying high for many different reasons and I know she will fall into the role of keeping it just perfect for Sophia. Emmie has been taking private tennis lessons 4 times a week to gear up for her tennis season this spring. She is really excited. She will more than likely be playing #1 singles and she is practicing hard! Her summer plans include going to Uganda (with her Father, brother James and his girlfriend Jen) to work in Armani Baby Cottage for a week and then on to site see for another. In September she is going to Kazakhstan to work at Two Hearts for Hope. She had a dream about an orphanage with the word Hope in it. She told her Dad about the dream along with our Pastor. They both told her to follow her heart about it. She really has a HUGE heart for the orphans of our world. We are so proud of her. Another spring/summer activity will be visiting colleges for her. I'm not ready for that......nope, no way....she can't go......she is after all, my first love! ;)
Gung Hei Fat Choy!






11 comments:
She's gorgeous. Inside and out.
What a lovely daughter. Safe travels, friend.
She really is a special young lady. She has the heart of Jesus.
I think the world of Emmie. She is a wonderful girl with aspirations far beyond her years. I know how proud you are of her and it is merited. Hopefully she will choose a college close to home :)
Love this! ;)
Happy Chinese New Year (tomorrow!) and safe travels to such a wonderful family. Can't wait for the next posts!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Charity
What a beautiful young lady.
Donna
Steffie,
What a beautiful post! Emmie is truly beautiful, inside and out! Be proud, Mommy!!
Wishing you safe travels and I can't wait to follow your journey!
We are just waiting for our TC saying when our precious little one will be home (our agency does escorting). It will be this month...anyday now!! What a journey the past 2.5 years have been!!
Hugs,
Dawn
Stunningly beautiful inside and out! I eagerly await your trip to China.
Steffie,
We are very excited to have E join us on our mission trip to Kaz. A friend reads your blog and pointed me here! You have an amazing family! Looking forward to getting to know E as the months go on. What a special girl!
Kim
(Two Hearts co-founder)
I love this picture of Miss E. I am so proud of her work...after our lunch in Chicago Ashley said she could not get over Emmie and her huge heart...Emmie is truly a gift : ) I can't wait to spend more time with her this summer...: )
What a beautiful young lady. God is using her in BIG ways. You and your husband are obviously setting great examples for her.
Post a Comment