One would think that this third journey to China would be easier, that I could understand and except the wait and that I would have a sense of peace knowing that it will happen when it is suppose to. Well, I am not feeling that right now. It has been 3 months since Olivia's referral. For Sophia and Andrew, we would be getting on our plane right now. For Olivia, I see no end in site yet and it is starting to depress me. Every night when I see the beautiful sunset that we see out our windows, I say to myself.....Good morning my love....for as I am ending my day, Olivia is beginning hers. I go to bed and clutch her picture to my heart and pray for her.....nearly 7 years this child has been there.......7 YEARS!!!! I am so ready to embrace this journey and whatever it may hold. I am ready to see this child whose name we picked out over 5 years ago, I am ready to hold her and tell her it will all be ok, I am ready to give her all my love and be her Mother, I am ready to bring her home, I am ready to complete our family....but most of all I am ready to see Emmie, Sophia and Olivia together. Where is that I800? The journey does NOT get easier....but I do know in my heart our time will come.....could it just be really soon??? Please????
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






15 comments:
Thinking of you.
Sending 'hopeful' thoughts and hugs. Soon...
xo
Lea
Steffie (and Olivia), you are in my thoughts. I'm sorry this is so hard...
big hugs...
xo
Oh, how I understand your heart... it all seems so cruel and unnecessary for it to take so long.
Praying she is in her Mommy's arms very soon!
Praying your Olivia and my Isabella have a day filled with wonder, beauty, and love... praying that all of the children in the world will one day have a family...
The good news is that our daughters are orphaned No more! They just don't know it yet...
God's peace...
God's speed...
Love,
Daleea
Hugs to all of you!
KNOWING JUST HOW YOU FEEL!
The I-800 is a long process...I have had a much more difficult wait this time as well. But this is my timeline, as of now...
5/21/10 - CCAA Log In Date
7/26/10 - Letter Of Acceptance
7/28/10 - I-800 mailed
8/03/10 - 2nd I-797 Approval Notice
8/13/10 - I-800 Approval
8/19/10 - File cabled to China Consulate
8/20/10 - NVC Letter
9/09/10 - Article 5
9/22/10 - Travel Approval
10/25/10 -Gotcha Day
11/2/10 - Consulate Appointment
November travel is going to be somewhat crazy because of the Asian games...even though I know you want to meet your daughter as soon as possible, you might be better to not be traveling during that time. (I have been praying to miss those dates for months!) I imagine December or later will be much less expensive and less people and more calm in Guangzhou.
Good luck for a speedy process and lots of patience!! It's definitely a roller coaster of emotions for sure!!
Praying for you Steffie.....the wait is just awful for these things and even harder when the Lord has revealed the face of your child to you:) Praying He is holding onto her until you get there....I am praying that He is preparing her little heart for her new family....big hugs my friend!
praying for your family.
LOVE YOU ..
Thinking of you always..
Can't wait to see your sweet girl with her family..
Hugz...
Waiting while holding a photograph is the worst sort of wait. Praying for fortitude during these last days, and praying that they last not much longer.
Praying for your wait! The ache to have them home is something I couldn't comprehend until now! Praying for I800 approval this week! We had a surprise call with our LOA on Friday. Our agency thought it would be 60 -90 days but we were at day 44. So this week we too will enter I800. I hope they start speeding things up!
No, your right, it never does get easier...but it is sure well worth it! Hold onto that thought!!
HUGS
Susan
such beautiful words from your heart.
I pray that soon will be even sooner than soon!
xoxo
dita
Post a Comment