Saturday, July 24, 2010

~ Care Package is on the way....~

qin_xin1[1] qin_xin3[1] qin_xin_31 qin_xin4[1]

You care package is on the way sweet girl. I have no idea if you will see any of it, but it doesn't matter. I will send you something every month until we bring you home. I think this wait will be the longest we have had to endure. It seems to be taking about 5 months right now until travel rather than 3 like it did with Sophia and Andrew. I am constantly looking at my watch and bumping the time ahead twelve hours and wondering what you are doing. I pray for your health, safety and your daily life. We all talk about you constantly and your brothers and sisters are so excited for you to come home. They laugh at the thought of all of us squishing together on the couch and talk about where you will sit in the Mama Machine. Sophia is begging for bunk beds in your room and I think we are going to do just that. She is waiting for you sweet girl, waiting to take your hand, call you her sister and take you under her wing. Love you so much Olivia Grace!
All my love....
Mommy

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope the next five months come quickly for you, Steffie. Hugs!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

ok I'm crying now....Steffie this is such a sweet post...I know how hard this wait is for you. I can't wait for Olivia to be in your arms and home where she belongs {{{{{hug}}}}}
Love you girlfriend....

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I can't imagine what the wait must me like. I can't imagine trying to guess what my child is doing hour by hour. Steffie, I hope the wait isn't too long and you are off to China before you know it.

I hope and pray that all these items get to Olivia and she senses that someone is coming for her and loves her very much.

Lea
xo

Mom 2 six said...

I hope Ann is able to get more pictures of Olivia. Hoping the time goes by quickly !

Gail said...

Hoping and praying the time goes fast...and she'll be with you all very soon!

xo

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Steffie....the wait is so hard once you see their little faces plus you have been dreaming about her for so long....soon....very soon my friend...she will be in your arms.

LedaP said...

Yes, this is taking us so much longer than our first adoption with all the new Hague stuff. We were told 11-14 weeks from the NVC letter and we just got LOA! I hate to think of waiting 3 -4 MORE months. I just can't wait to meet her in person....ever since I saw her face last October...

Waiting is torture...I admire all those fams who waited so torturously long for their NSN referrals. I don't know how they did it and so many still waiting.

Super cute care package...we've been sending things also hoping Faith is getting them. Can't wait to see a smile on Sophia's face...she definitely looks like she's waiting for some fun...

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh my word, you just brought me to tears! But happy tears indeed. I just came over to say hello and tell you that I'm thinking of you. That precious daughter of yours will be home on that "couch" with all her siblings in no time:))

Sweet care package indeed! She's going to fall in love with the Tribe, just as you have with her! I'm thrilled for you Steffie.

Hmmm, just a quick question, which camera are you taking LOL? I remember our little chat from when you were traveling for Daniel, hence this question.

Love you!

Serving the King said...

Ok that was about the sweetest thing ever!! Love it!...and LOVE the dresses...ahhhh...girl stuff. So cute and so, SO unfamiliar to me! :)

Dita said...

What a GREAT idea to send Olivia Grace a package each month until you arrive. How wonderful a reminder that you are coming and the last package will be with YOU!

I can't imagine this wait for you, her mama....but more, for that little angel who already knows she is going home....how interminable that must be for her.

Can't wait until all of you can breathe a sigh of relieve and say that the wait is long gone in the past

Wishing for the days to speed by and then for them to last forever when you hug your baby for the very first time!

xoxo
Dita

Anonymous said...

Hi, my husband and I are strongly considering adoption but are only in the beginning stages. Is there any advice you can give? We know very little about how to begin the process. Could you recommend some adoption agencies, what type of funding we will need? etc.

We currently have two wonderful and beautiful little boys (ages 3 & 5 years) but somehow our home doesn't seem complete. Somewhere out there is a child who needs a loving home, and I have made it my mission to find him/her. God bless you for your passion to adopt. It has been an inspiration to me. Any insight on adoption will be greatly appreciated.