Well, it has come to that time where we must face repairing Andrew's little heart. This coming Thursday we are driving to see the surgeon in Detroit. We are currently fighting with our insurance company on "where" the surgery is to take place. I can't even begin to tell you how angry this makes me. My son needs to have his little chest cracked open and the insurance company is more concerned with dollars and cents. Hopefully we will get the issue resolved OR feel good about meeting with the surgeon in Detroit. If it is a go ahead after Thursday, Andrew is tentatively scheduled March 10th for his open heart surgery. I will keep you posted on what the status is with him. In the mean time......he is growing by leaps and bounds. Loving school, life, Chinese food and everything around him. He is a sensitive little boy with a great sense of humor. He keeps asking when the weather is going to be warmer and when can we go back to Maui. That didn't take long! lol He is such a precious gift and he and Daniel become closer everyday. Oh they have moments of disagreements, but it gets better each and everyday. I am so excited to enroll him in the same school as Sophia next year. I know he is going to blossom. But for now, I am praying for a successful surgery and for the Lord to have his protection over my baby boy as he faces this surgery that he needs.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






25 comments:
I sooo hope that the insurance company comes to help you in the correct way..
LOVE the photo of Andrew.. he is sooo HANDSOME..
Happy Chinese New Year..
Happy Valentine's Day.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs..
Hope you get the insurance thing resolved quickly. Andrew is such a handsome boy! What a blessing for sure.
Praying for all of you. That the insurance listens to what is right for Andrew and his family, that the surgeon is able to repair it successfully, and that Andrew is back to his fun self in no time.
I'm with Andrew. Winter is too long this year. Can I go to Maui too?
Poor fella! I wish you the best with the insurance and hope that you find a doctor and hospital that you LOVE. I'm sure he's going to do great, but I can't imagine how scary a time it is. He'll be covered in prayer and so will your whole family!
Thinking and praying for everything to fall into place. Let me know how I can help. I'm here anytime you need to vent or need emotional support. I have faith that he'll bounce back quickly based on Josie's surgery and recovery.
Happy CNY!
Andrew will be in our thoughts and prayers. He will recover from his surgery and continue delighting you and growing closer to his brother. Hugs to all of you.
Oh, I will be thinking of you. I hope you are able to find the best option for Andrew's surgery and that your insurance will support it.
We will be there for you wherever you go. I will keep this issue in my prayers. Andrew is a very special boy.
He is a special little boy and so adorable too. He will be in our prayers!
I will be praying for your sweet boy. He is going to be a serious heart-breaker. Do you believe in arranged marriages? If so, I have a little four-year old in mind. lol
I will join you in praying for your sweet little Andrew, that the insurance company comes through on everything you need and that his surgery goes perfectly.
I look forward to hearing really good news!
I am praying for Andrew and for your family too. You do not need to deal with insurance problems when you have a child that is facing surgery.
Love that picture of him:)
Praying for Andrew and your family. As a survivor of just such a surgery (though I was younger than Andrew) I can say now that God has taught me so much about His love and divine provision.
Prayers for Andrew...Love you sweet girl...miss you too. I know I missed your phone call the other day but we will touch base this week. I am really good at fighting the insurance...want me on your team : )
Kiss those babies for me...
I can't help but smile when I see this precious face. Andrew is such a handsome and charismatic child. His eyes just sparkle.
I know that it is difficult to imagine that he will have to undergo this surgery but I know that with you at his side he has no greater champion.
I wish you the very best with the insurance company and with the doctors in Detroit. I am praying for your little man and I know that soon, very soon, we will see all of you on the beaches of Maui together and this will be a distant memory.
xoxoxo
Hugs,
Dita
Oh he is the most handsome little guy and I love the twinkle in his eye. I will say some prayer this week for his appt. and the insurance issues. I will pray for his surgery and his healing.
ugh...praying for y'all. Insurance companies irritate me! :-) I am with him...when is it time to go to Maui?? He is such a handsome little man, Steffie!!! You are blessed!
Hi Steffie,
I hope everything goes well this week......sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts!! It is so frustrating dealing with insurance companies..... really, that should be the least of our worries in times of need and medical attention.
BEAUTIFUL photo of your sweet little Andrew...... definitely one of my favs:) Love how he is holding an egg roll!! TOO CUTE!
Will be thinking of you guys....please keep us posted.
xo,
Lisa
You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure everything will work out.
Thinking of you and praying with you. I hope you get the ins. issue worked out..what a pain.
Back off Michelle~ maybe he likes older women. I have the perfect 5 year old! Of course they'd have to live here (hey, he likes warmer weather and you can visit Gwen LOL)
We went through the same nightmare with the insurance company when my sister needed brain surgery. Keep fighting for what you know is best for Andrew. I'll will be praying for everything to work out and for his precious heart to be healed.
He is unbelievably adorable! He has the sweetest face. I will pray for his surgery and the decisions you have to make. I know how awful it can be to argue with insurance companies!
Praying for him!! and you all!!
Debbie
Hi Steffie,
Oh I know this is the last thing you need to be worrying about too. Doesn't insurance cover congenital defects? I thought most did.
More importantly please know I am thinking of you and here if you need to call. I will be praying for a very speedy recovery for Andrew. I'm sure he'll do fine:))
Keep me posted. BTW gorgeous new blog!
Hi Steffie,
Oh I know this is the last thing you need to be worrying about too. Doesn't insurance cover congenital defects? I thought most did.
More importantly please know I am thinking of you and here if you need to call. I will be praying for a very speedy recovery for Andrew. I'm sure he'll do fine:))
Keep me posted. BTW gorgeous new blog!
Post a Comment