Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Play Time

Fia (12 of 1) Daniel (11 of 1) Winter (1 of 1) Andrew (14 of 1) Daniel (13 of 1) Duo (15 of 1) Winter (2 of 1)
It was a beautiful sunny weekend. The kids played outdoors until they were nearly frozen. They walked on the lake which they thought was a riot and we got the sleds out to pull them behind the 4 wheeler across the lake, but the snow was just too deep. So Daddy plowed a track around the tennis court and pulled them F.O.R.E.V.E.R. Oh my achin' word.....they LOVED it. We made snow angels, had snow ball fights, ate some snow, drank hot chocolate and took hot baths when we came inside. It was a terrific weekend. Mufasa and I are exhausted but the laughter and screams of delight were priceless! ;)

14 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I can't believe all of the snow everyone is getting...I mean even Texas got snow! (of course, AFTER we left the country...lol)
Such sweet pictures of all your things......looks like they have had a great time!

Nancy said...

Sounds like you all had a blast, and Mufasa and Serabi got to relive their youth.

Tiffany said...

That looks and sounds like a fun filled day!!!!!
Great photos!!!!!!!

Kim said...

LOVE the photos...
SOunds like an AMAZING day..
Love ..love ...love it..
I do miss playing in the snow but that is about it..
Hugs..
have a great week..
Love ya girly..

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

how adorable!! Looks like they had a blast!!! My girls have spent several hours in the snow the last few days LOL I stayed indoors...where it is warm LOL

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It sounds and looks like the whole tribe had a wonderful weekend:) The kids look like they are in heaven out there playing in the snow! So CUTE!!

I LOVE the last shot of the snow and the trees with the little frozen stream running down the middle.....BEAUTIFUL!

Have a wonderful week!

xo,

Lisa

Gail said...

LOVE them all, Steffie! Felt like I was right there with you! We did the same thing today, got outside and went out to a nearby lake and walked out on the ice and snow.

Have a great week friend!

xoxo

Carla said...

The pictures are absolutely beautiful!! Ton of snow, but sooo pretty! Your kiddos look like they are having the time of their lives! Such JOY!! Hope you are now warm!
Have a blessed week!

wendy said...

It great when kids enjoy the simple things again. To often we forget about just playing in the snow.
Enjoy your Day
Wendy

PS Great pictures!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

That's one way to get a work-out into your schedule. Cute pictures. I especially love the snow-eating pictures. Have a great week ahead!

Wanda said...

Wow, what a time you all had. Your pictures are gorgeous and really reflect all the fun.

Michelle R Photography said...

These are such beautiful shots, Steffie. This sounds like a perfect day with the littles. Only they can make you willingly freeze your tail off. I hope you are all thawed by now!

Dita said...

Stef, these images are priceless and I can hear the laughter when I look at them.

When can I come over and drink hot toddies with you and watch all this activity through the window by a roaring fire??

xoxoxo
hugs,
Dita Darling

Heather said...

Aww Steffie, this is such a fun post!! I love each and every picture...what beautiful children! Makes me long for a sunny, snowy day as it pours rain here :( Say a little prayer for us to get some of the white stuff.

Hugs,
Heather