It seems my list for 2010 continues to grow as I reflect back on the last year of my life. While there were many things to be thankful for, there we also many things that brought pain and unhappiness. Each year as I get older, I seem to understand more and more of what my purpose is in life and what it is that I am called to do. Its not always easy to accomplish those things and some times I even fall off the right path, but some how my heart, mind, having wonderful caring friends and my faith seem to bring things back into perspective for me.
Some of my goals for this upcoming year are to.... 1. Re-read The Purpose Driven Life Book again. To apply this for 40 days and begin the habit and routine of spending daily time with the Lord. My life can get so busy, that there are times that there seems to be very little time for me. I know that when my spiritual life is on track, my whole life seems to run much more smoothly. 2. The winter months living here in MI get to me the older I get as well. I'm always cold, I miss the sun and blue skies, being outside and feeling free. It also makes it very hard to be in my creative, artistic mind set. I am going to try harder in this area. To be more positive, force myself to get my camera out more and appreciate the beauty of this season. (this will be tough) 3. Exercise is another area I need to get into the habit of doing on a daily basis. For many years I was so disciplined. It seems each year as we added another child to our family, this too, was an area that got left in the dust. However what is not getting left in the dust is my ever growing arse! lol THAT is something that just needs to GO AWAY!!!! lol And with my oldest daughters upcoming wedding, having 4 children still in the house, I need to set a good example of being fit and taking care of myself. So, to the gym I go! And I am going to try and go "happily". lol 4. Let's talk about my blog. Sigh. I have let that go and have lost touch with so many of you. I am hoping to be better at that again. So if you want to de-lurk and have a blog too, I would love to add you to my side bar and hopefully meet some new people this year! ;) 5. Finding the world of photography has been nothing short of a wonderful outlet for me. I find it very rewarding and it has brought many new friendships into my life that I cherish very deeply. The group of woman that I have formed friendships with are very inspirational. We all help each other when questions arise, problems in daily life pop up and I want to make sure that I make a conscious effort to maintain these relationships. The fact that we all live in different states makes it a bit of a challenge, but I realize the "specialness" of each of these gals and I love them to pieces. 6. The world of marriages. David and I have been together for 19 years this year, married for 18. We know when things aren't good, why they aren't good and we know what we need to do in order for there to be harmony in our home. We both have made it a priority to check in daily with each other, to talk about our day, even when we are so exhausted and to pray for our marriage and family on a daily basis. My life as a full time Mother at home and his life with his own business can make it for very little time to be together. We are going to improve this. 7. Church. This has been a huge challenge for us since this past July. Our Pastor and David's best friend for the past 10 years took another call in California. For many weeks I would go and be in tears as the interim took the stage and I heard his voice. Many times I would walk out of the sanctuary at this point because I truly could not take it. It was not what my heart wanted to hear. It was not the man that I admired so much over the years and it certainly has been far from the uplifting, thought provoking sermons I have been use to. Emmie has struggled as well, so you can imagine the unhappy faces on Sunday morning. However, we realize that we have 3 other little ones that need to be attending class to see and learn what it means to be a follower of Christ. So, we are going to try and be better parents in this area. 8. The next 3 months I will be spending quite a bit of time in the hospital. I have appointments for Sophia, Andrew and Daniel this month. I have no doubt Fia's tonsils and adenoids will come out, Daniel is still in question for tubes in his ears and we are going to try and have Andrews heart repair surgery done before we leave for Maui. To be honest, I am not worried about Fia and Daniel. I know that I can get through those and that the recovery time will be minimal. But if I am honest with you about Andrew, the thought that they will be cracking my little boys chest open nearly puts me in a state of frenzy. I will be calling out to all my prayer warriors when this is scheduled. 9. Emmie still is struggling with the migraines and this is another issue I will be addressing at her next bio feedback appointment. I really want to take her to our Chiropractor and she is fighting me on this issue. However, I think she is going to lose because I think we at least need to try it. Now, fitting it into the schedule is another story. Here is another area that I need to be better at. Time management and our daily schedule. 10. Vitamins. I have a boat load that I take. And I forget to take them. Again, from past experience, I know that when I take them on a daily basis I feel so much better. Another area I need to improve on.
11. Returning emails. I have been terrible at this. Especially when I get them on my blackberry. I read them when I am out and about and then forget about them. Need to be better at this too. 12. And finally......I know many of you are wondering if we are adding to our family again or not. For those of you that have followed our journey over the years, you should probably know the answer. However at this point I need to be cautious for several reasons. But I promise you that if and when I have something more to say about this, I will. ;) I wish you all a wonderful 2010. And I pray that many, many more children come home to their forever families.






24 comments:
Steffie, what a gorgeous, unbelieveably transparent post. Count on me as a prayer warrior...my heart cries out for intercession and I will be there when your precious babies are in need as well as when you are in need sister. I hear you on the church thing...too long a story to share here, but by golly I know the pain that is church pain! It is going to be a good year! We will return to our blogs and meet new friends and all that good stuff ;) Thank you ever so much for sharing...may you be blessed in this new year!
Love,
Heather
What a great post and a lot of thing too work on. I"m sitting here thinking how I need to get closer to our Lord ourselves and read the bible more then I do. My prayers are with you and your family. Here's to a great 2010 *Happy New Year*
Oh and thanks for posting your update on FB - I haven't seen your blog in a while, I will try and keep in touch more.
Sherri
Hi Steffie!
I lurk, I will admit. I am also going to try and be a better blogger.
As I was reading through many of your points there were several that I kept thinking, I need to do that too.
Have a wonderful 2010! I will try not to just lurk. ;o)
Happy New Year!
This is an AMAZING post.. I have never been a lurker and never will be.. you are an AMAZING lady and I have been truly blessed with having you in my life..
I sooo hope that 2010 may bring me closer to you and we can meet in person..
You and your family are BEAUTIFUL ..
Have a WONDERFUL 2010..
Love ya girly..
I think that I need to sit down and make a list of priorities for me for this year.
We will be ready to help your family when these surgeries take place. Just let us know what we can do. Sophia and I will visit Andrew when he is in the hospital. I believe she will be a good supportive friend for him since she has had the same experiences that he will.
You have been a tremendous blessing to me. I look forward to having you in my life next year and for many years to come. Happy New Year.
I wish you all the best for a fantastic 2010!! Please know that I'll always be a faithful prayer warrior for your family. We've been there/done that with heart surgery and migranes. Extra hugs!!!
Great post Steffie, I think a lot of us can relate to your goals for 2010, I have many of the same. I am so thankful for your friendship and look forward to this year with you in it! :)
Happy New Year to you and your sweet tribe!
Happy New Year, Stef! I can relate to so many of your NY goals!!
I was just thinking last week that I will get my Purpose book out and re-read it. I also do NOT like the cold and the older I get, the more depressing it comes to me.
Exercise is something that has fallen on the back burner as the Mom to 4. I do make time for yoga, but have to step it up and include something to work on my ever growing bottom!
I am also terrible with returning e-mails...always thinking I will write back later and then...I forget!
Anyway...I can relate to so much of what you wrote. How clever to write it all out so you have it to look back at!
~m
Great post Steffie...I'm not much of a resolution person but I do have some things I'll be working on this year about myself. In fact I've already started on a few of them. Mostly I'll be praying for clarity about some things with my own family and it's future, something I don't take lightly and I need a little direction from up above.
The surgeries will all be fine my friend. I can tell you what to expect with the possible ear tubes(Will had them...easy peasy one day thing and recovery super easy), tonsillectomy not hard either. I know you'll get lots of help and support with Andrew's cardiac surgery too. You'll be right beside your guy the whole way and that's what he needs, his mamma!
Looking forward to all that 2010 brings to us, friend.
xoxo
Gail
Happy New Year to your family. I am a lurker, I will admit and have been for many for a long time now. Your family will be in my prayers.
I'm surprised at how many of your goals are things that I need to do as well. You've encouraged me and I'm pulling out my Purpose Driven Life book today!
~Lynn
Such a great list, Steffie. So much thought given to each and every one of your goals. I have no doubt you will accomplish everything you set your mind to. I can't wait to see where the Lord leads you in 2010!!
Hugs,
Michelle
Once again you inspire me and help remind me what's really important. Your list has reminded me that I need to get organized and make some changes in our home as well. I will be praying for all the surgeries that your family will be doing in the months to come. I can say from experience that the tubes are well worth it and it's over in just a few short mins. It helped Morgan so much that she has not had an ear infection in 3 years.
Here is to a wonerful 2010. Happy New Year. :)
HAppy New Year! Your list has many things that I need to work on as well. Here's to a great 2010!!
What a heartfelt post! I so need to sit down and write out reflections of last year and goals for this year. I am busy trying to get our Journey To Our Son blog up and running! I did a post on my blog about my new blog and will hopefully be adding my post about how Andrew is part of our story this week! Our Journey to our son blog is www.themcdonaldgangsjourney.blogspot.com
Blessings in 2010! Thanks for touching our lives with your sweet family!
Caroline had her tonsils and adenoids removed when she was 3. Best thing we did. She could breathe at night and the snoring was gone. Her health improved and so did her appetite.
We just got a new pastor who is encouraging and yet still holds firm to the Word of God. If this new pastor is causing stress for you, evaluate the toll it maybe taking on the family too and perhaps it's time to find a church that encourages you. Our former pastor was not encouraging,yelled a lot and he often said hewas going to tell us things we didn't want to hear,but I did not feel like he was delivering it in love and concern for us, and people were leaving. With our new pastor,we are experiencing growth not only with members returning, but new salvations (10-25 a week!). We stuck it out for 15 years and in all that time, I felt I would never measure up and quit trying. Now,I'm encouraged and am looking forward to a new life encouraged.
Steffie...I love these kinds of posts where we put our hopes, dreams and stuff out there. It helps me to stay accountable to myself and work on improving things in my life. As soon as I get organized and get the kids back to school...I will be doing one too.
It sounds as though your life is abundantly blessed.
Magnesium has helped Will immensely with his migraines. The oil (spray) is supposed to be the most effective but he takes it in a powder form in water (Kids Calm) more regularly...he has not had one migraine since he started and he was getting around 3-4 a week. It is worth a try. E-mail or call me if you want to talk about it.
Kim
This post is so true for so many of us..I loved it as it made me realize I too need to work on so many areas. I have to say your last one made me SMILE:)
I do hope you post more in 2010 as I enjoy your blog!!
Happy New Year
Wonderful update friend! Hoping to get back to blogging myself as we start the new year as well as accomplishing many other goals like you! Your pictures are wonderful as always! Blessings to you and family for 2010!
Wonderful post sweet girl!!! I have so many goals for 2010...I think I could write a book. You know that Mr. A. has my prayers.
I'm waiting for you to whip out the camera...we will make photoshop a goal this year..your gonna get it!!! I know you will!!!
I am so thankful for your friendship and our wonderful group of angels!!!
We all know you love me the most but ssshhhhhhh we won't tell the others.
Awesome post. Inspiring. You will have an amazing year if you just apply even one of these. I will be praying for your family. Thanks for being so honest with us - it is a blessing.
-Charity
www.amorrisfamilyjournal.blogspot.com
I've been reading your blog for quite some time now. I may have commented once or twice but am guilty of being a lurker :o)
Your list has inspired me to not only think about my goals for the year but to write them down. Also, to be a better blogger!
I love your blog and reading about your family. I will add you all to my list of people to pray for! Have a blessed 2010!
Hi Steffie,
What a beautifully honest post. Sure made me think about things too.
I surely will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during any difficult times...know I am here for you, anytime!
Hope the holidays were blessed and beautiful for you my friend.
Love you,
Ivy
Wow...now I look at my slim resolution list (the only thing that's slim 'round here, I assure you!) and it pales in comparison to the thoughtfulness of yours.
I am praying for the surgeries to be well behind you as soon as possible and just know that I am here, along with the Angels, supporting you every step of the way.
We are so blessed to have one another and I am so grateful to have spent some time together this Fall....first of many meetings, my friend.....first of many!
Happy New Year!
xoxoxox
love you,
Dita
Post a Comment