Our Saturday morning started off like any other Saturday. The kids were excited that Daddy was home and the talk of making pancakes filled the air. Then about 9:00AM, Daniel starts to tell me that his ear hurts. I knew it had to be true by the look on his face. He doesn't ever complain about things like this. So, for the 3rd time this week, I am off to see the Doctor. Sure enough, double ear infection. He was also checked again for the flu. The results will be in on Monday. And the poor little guy had ANOTHER shot of antibiotics in his leg. He was screaming and I broke out into the shakes. It was horrible. Our Doctor then proceeds to tell me how the second round of flu is hitting these children. Not necessarily with high fevers this time, but ear aches, eyes hurting, head aches, deep coughing and the list went on. She said that their office started seeing this near the end of the week and she told me she expects it to be really bad next week. She said that they perk up for a while and BAM.......hits them again. She sent me home with Tamiflu for all the children, nasal sprays and Z-pacs. She told me they are "re-thinking" how to distribute the Tamiflu. So I left the pharmacy today with 7 prescriptions and down $277.51. I couldn't believe it. So imagine the tears from the boy when he hears that he has to take medicine. I line up my bottles on the counter for each child and begin filling the syringes. Andrew goes first.....he has to take two. He makes it through.....it was tough but we got it down. Applause come from everyone while Daniel still looks on crying. Next is Fia. She takes it quite well. She sits up there like a pro. The applause come again. Next comes Daniel.....I don't give him the full 3ml, but probably half that. I figure if it takes me a bit longer then 5 days that is fine. I was hoping if he saw the other two take theirs, that it might be a bit easier for him. I knew he was watching the entire time. Surprisingly, he manages to keep it down. The applause erupts from the kitchen as the other children realize and know how hard it is for Daniel. He had his own cheering section. I'm not holding my breath quite yet. We have many more days ahead of us. For now, I am just trying to get me babies well. They will all be going in next week Tuesday for check ups again. In the mean time, I will be calling Andrew's cardiologist to ask about getting him on the "high risk" list for the H1N1 shot. With his un-repaired VSD, if he were to get the flu and have complications, well you get my drift. It could be really dangerous for him. Currently he has a cough that would make any Mom cringe at the thought of their child being by him. He sounds awful. It scares me when I see him get out of breath. I feel like I want to keep them all home and away from everyone right now. I don't EVER remember it being this bad with sickness. So for now, the tribe is hunkered down in the compound! We have a long road ahead of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






21 comments:
I hope everyone is feeling better soon and no one gets worse. I am a teacher and the past two weeks have been really bad in my room.
So sorry you're still battling the crud. And awfully sorry to hear that you're on round two (actually horrified to hear that there is a round two!
Feel better soon, little things. It was ice seeing you all last night!
(Sorry, blogger isn't letting me post as myself -- keeps rejecting my blogger ID & password)
Kelly
So sorry everyone is sick! I hope they get well and feel better soon.
I feel so bad for poor Daniel....he has really had a rough time of it, hasn't he!
I am glad that the doc gave you the Tamiflu.....sounds like a smart idea! Hope everyone is on the road to recovery soon!
Hugs,
Lisa
I am sending hugs your way, Steffie.
Watch the tribe on the Tamiflu. I have read ALOT about it causing hallucinations in children, especially Asian children.
Love You!!!
Steffie,
So sorry your tribe is sick again. That just stinks! Hopefully they will recover soon. Also sending you lots of extra hugs and patience as you are dealing with this on a daily basis.
We are now waiting for PA and LOA on an adorable WC little emperor from Zhuzhou Hunan. I am just so excited and thrilled to be adopting a boy!
Jody
DTC and LID 4/30/2007
I am so sorry Steffie. Sending huge hugs your way.
Give my blue eyed angel a kiss for me. Poor liitle guy. I pray he heals speedily.
Love you {{{{{hug}}}}} I am thinking of you guys....hope Mr. Blue eyes is feeling better really soon...I will talk to you soon {{{{hug}}}}
Oh no, Steffie!!! How awful for you all. Poor Daniel :( Sounds like he has really had a time of it. Thinking of you all. Take it easy and enjoy the quiet time!
Saying a prayer for your tribe. Sorry to hear you've hit round two. :(
oh my, i really hope your little ones get better soon!
So sorry! Hope everyone gets better really soon!
I am so sorry Steffie,
I will be praying for your babies and for you. Don't forget to take care of you too.
God's healing...
love,
Daleea
Hang in there. I will pray that you are all 100% well very soon. It is just scary how fast it can hit (even a second time). Take Care! Tanya
OH, my heart goes out to ALL of you. I can't imagine having the entire tribe sick at once!
Well, with the doctor's visits, the Rx, and mother's love...I just know that your babies are on the road to recovery.
Hang in there..........
xoxoxo
DITA
We stayed home from church today. I want to limit our exposure. The news said that right now would be the peak of it, so I am hoping to get us through it.
If you need anything, give me a call and I'll get it out to you.
Much Love!
So sorry that it has hit for round 2!!
We are dealing with one sick girl too, just when you think your rounding a corner, BAM, it hits them again, even harder the second time!!
Hang in there..
I wish everyone a speedy recovery. Your family will be in my prayers.
I am so sorry to hear that your bunch is sick. We are taking no risks over here either, not with one w/ asthma and one who was exposed to TB in China. We will be getting those 2 vaccinated tomorrow. The rest of us is not getting the vaccine because of the reported sickness that is a side effect. Since we are headed to the STATE FINALS this weekend, we are not gonna risk being sick for it!
Ouch, that is one hard week for a little guy!
Hope he's feeling better soon.
Krista D
You poor mama! I hope he recovers fast. This sounds terrifying and exhausting.
Steffie, I am keeping a private blog for J now. If you would like to follow, I would love to invite you, but need your email. I can't seem to find it.
Me and Jane
Post a Comment