Thursday, July 9, 2009

Emmie goes to Hollywood, California

Mother and Daughter (2 of 1)
My sweet girl left today for a 2 week long mission trip to Hollywood, California. She had to be selected for this opportunity to serve through Project Timothy. There was a whole outline, several forms, along with several written papers of why she wanted to do this. She spent weeks on it. She was thrilled when she was accepted. We were also very proud of the fact that she was doing this trip alone. No friends or any other students from our church were going along with her. It was a bitter sweet morning for me as I watched her go through the security check points with out me behind her. I know that she has arrived safely so for that I am relieved. HOWEVER.....she has been suffering very badly with the migraines again since June. Two days before leaving, her temp was 103.5. ~sigh~ This is the difficult part for me as a Mother. Many of you remember that she passed out last summer at U of M volleyball camp for two hours in the hallway in the middle of the night and her Father and I went to get her the next day. It won't be quite as easy as that this time should something like this happen again. Please keep her in your prayers. We have an appointment with the headache clinic as soon as she returns. Along with having some oral surgery done as well. Right now I am thankful for cell phones and texting! She kept in touch with me all day. I hope she can during her trip as well. She returns home July 22.

16 comments:

Kim said...

HOW FUN...
Congrats to Emmie..
She will have sooo much fun...
I know oh to well how it is when the kids are away...
And by the way.. YOU look amazing..
have you lost more weight....Do tell...
Hugs..

redmaryjanes said...

I will be praying for Emmie's spiritual journey and her health. Looking forward to our get together!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers coming your way for dear Emmie. Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

PS. The headache clinic worked wonders for me. She will be in good hands.

mommy24treasures said...

I pray right now Emmie stays healthy and strong and enjoys serving others on this trip.
What a wonderful girl she is.

Michelle R Photography said...

Lifting up sweet Emmie in prayer... (and a few for her Mama, too, having her baby girl so far from home).

Kayce said...

Will be keeping Emmie in our prayers! Hugs to you for being a brave mama Steffie.

Jboo said...

What a beautiful and incredibly thoughtful girl! Will keep her in my prayers for no migraines! Take care.

Janet

Gail said...

That's so hard to have them leave, I remember that well with my oldest. You've got an amazing girl Steffie. I'll be praying for her to stay healthy...

hugs to you friend.:)

Dita said...

What a wonderful honor for Emmie to have been chosen! Congratulations!

I was wondering about those headaches. I'm sorry to hear that they have not passed and that they are still causing her such difficulties.

She is in my thoughts and so is her Mama!!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

sounds like a fantastic opportunity for her. I am sure you are proud.

Try not to worry. She will come home a changed young woman.

Lea
xo

Anonymous said...

Emmie will be in my prayers - and her mom too:)

Blessings, Ashley

kerri said...

Congrats Emmie!!
I will keep her in thought and prayer...

Michelle said...

She is only going to be about 40 minutes away from me, so if something should happen and she needed something(ANYTHING), drop me an e-mail.

But I'm sure it won't be necessary and everything will be fine :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I was just wondering not too long ago how her migraines were doing...poo!

I remember letting my older daughter walk through security without me....a very unsettling feeling but know that especially on this trip she is going to share Christ and He will be with her every step. She is already making a difference in people's lives Steffie.

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a wonderful spiritual journey to be on!!! Praying for her health during the trip. My parents had to pick me up from camp one year for a health-related thing, so I can imagine your worry now. That's why I'll be praying for YOU, too.

Emmie said...

Hey mom,
we are at the red shield home today working with a bunch of kids and currently staying at a big church with another group from washington. they took my phone back in ontario so i wont be able to call or txt u all week but i will right when i get it back. right now pray that i have patience and peace of mind..to deal with people and the cockroches that are in the church. fgwehioghwegl [i've seen about 6!]
its hard not having anyone to vent to...but im hanging in there. just remembering that i'm doing what we are called to do... can't wait to plan for Africa! :] love you all so much and missing having the kiddos around. see you next week.