Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How many Things?

As I look back at when I started this blog, it seems forever ago. I believe it was November of 2006. It was to keep up with my travel mates and then it evolved into so much more. I have met several wonderful people. It has been amazing. However, in the last 4 years my life has changed dramatically. I went from having 3 full grown children and one child left in the house, to having 3 more children in 4 years. There are times I have been overwhelmed, tired, stressed, happy, euphoric and drained. lol But most of the time, I realize what each of these children mean to me and deep down I am so very, very happy. All this being said, there are some things that are just going to have to give. I'm afraid the blog is one of them. While I am not going to give it up entirely, I will not be posting as much as I use to. Not to mention I can't remember the last time I was able to get to every one's blog. And I am so sorry for that. I really am! And when I look at the tabs I have on my own blog, I just have to laugh.......like I can really do all those! lol All the pictures that I post on my blog I upload through Flickr. If I have not updated with a post, chances are I have edited pictures and put them on my Flickr page. Especially since my love for photography has increased in the last year. I take pictures every single day it seems. I belong to quite a few groups on Flickr and post quite often. Not all my pictures are public, but I'd say 90% are. So if you come to the blog and click on any pictures, it should take you to my flickr account where you can still see pictures of the Things if you would like. Sophia-pool
Thing 1.
Sophia.
My sweet precious girl. She is growing up so fast. She will swim in the pool for hours and not come out until I absolutely make her. She is so ready for Kindergarten and I know she is going to thrive. She sings non stop, and her artistic ability continues to be fantastic. She has made all my dreams come true and them some. Daniel
Thing 2.
Daniel.
My little lover boy. The boy who makes me want to pull my hair out on a daily basis and yet he melts my heart with that smile. And those eyes.....oh, those eyes! lol He still is the baby and I know he will grow and calm down once school starts and he is getting to have his own time as well. He loves the pool and going in the boat. He is so passionate. He was my miracle child when I was told I could not have any more. I love him so. Emmie, May,2009
Teen Thing.
Emmie.
She has gone from a little girl and being apart of bringing Sophia home, to a lovely young lady that I am so very proud of. She drives me crazy at times and I know I drive her crazy too, but she will always be my first love. My first miracle, my first baby, my first for everything. I can't imagine my life without her. Andrew May, 2009
Thing 3.
Andrew.
The child I waited for, for 2 years. The child I searched for. The child I thought would never come. The child I knew was in my heart. The child that became my son. He is doing so well. I am amazed at his attitude and personality. He is such a sweet boy. Eager to please and wants approval from both Sophia and Daniel. I often wonder as he is looking off what he is thinking about. If he misses China, friends, caretakers, his foster parents, the places he has known all his life. I wonder if he is happy here with us? If he understands that I love him and that I will always be here. I wonder if he will tell me stories of times he remembers once he starts talking more. I wonder if I will be able to take it? I pray his little soul heals of all wounds. He truly has an old soul already. I can see it in his eyes. My sweet Asian boy. Emerging
Thing 4.
Olivia Grace.
In October of 2006, we made the decision to adopt again because we felt it was the right thing to do for our family. It was deep in David's, Emmie's and my heart. We also had to move quickly because of the new rules. That was going to effect us.
Moving on.
The 3rd night we were home from China with Andrew I did my power walk/run around the tennis court. I felt funny. Unsettled. Not at peace like I thought I would be. I began searching other countries the next morning. I emailed my SW to find out options. I was told China was out but perhaps Thailand and Taiwan were not.
The weekend I was at my photography work shop, many of us talked about these issues. I was SHOCKED to hear that China was allowing the age to be 55 in the SN program. That was NOT what I had been told. Again, I emailed my SW and she did confirm (this time) that we could, but it looked grim. I called another agency and spoke to the China Coordinator there at length about our family situation and our arrival of Andrew. She said we ABSOLUTELY could adopt again. We could have all of our paper work ready to go by next April. I got off the phone and cried.
I look around my home and see the "playroom." I room that is not necessary. A room that could be filled with one more daughter.
I am praying about this. I am praying for the right words when I really bring it up to David. (although I think he already knows) But he has no idea we can still adopt from China. I've only told Emmie! ;) I am just praying. Praying for guidance. Praying for a sign. But the one thing I know for sure, if she is waiting for me, the Lord will lead her to me and I will bring
Olivia Grace
home.

31 comments:

Diana said...

OMG..how exciting. Follow your heart..it has not been wrong yet:)

Courtney said...

That is such exciting news. I can't wait to hear what comes about!

Kim said...

Steffie~
from the first time I met you on this blog you have always been an inspiration to me..
I am sooo glad that you are not closing your blog.. I would miss you sooooo much..
I have had you there when my Grandfather died and through this long wait.. I can't wait to share the joy of sweet little Isabella..
YOu need to follow your heart..
Olivia Grace is going to be that special little girl at the end of your dream..
You have the BIGGEST heart.. and sooo much love to give..
Love ya girly..
HUGS...

Truly Blessed said...

Wow...Thing 4, huh, and you've only been home a month? I certainly pray you find peace with your decision, whatever that is, and that you are able to enjoy every second with your four still-at-home-kids.

BTW, Ella had her Ped. Card. visit today with Dr. G. -- and we got fantastic news!!! I wrote a note on FB and it's on my blog as well...

redmaryjanes said...

Well then, now that you have put it out there...I say it is time to start planning the next journey. You know I will be with you...not as another waiting mother, but as your friend and truest advocate.

Michelle R Photography said...

I know you were not settled when we met in MI. You have a wonderful family that you cherish, yet so much more love to give. God will lead you where He wants you to go... and it just might be to Olivia Grace. You never know.

Jboo said...

What a wonderful and loving Mother you are! Best wishes to you and your family.

Janet

Gail said...

Well...I'll take credit for being the one that told you about still being eligible to adopt from China. I love her name...Olivia Grace.... I don't think I told you that before. God will show you the way Steffie. You know I wish you only the very best on this journey and I'll be watching and supporting you every step. You are an amazing person with a gigantic heart for children.

with love and hugs,
Gail

Anonymous said...

I have been following along on your Journeys since you were on the Story of You waiting for Sophia! We were waiting to adopt our daughter from China as well. We brought our precious daughter home from China July 2005. her name is Olivia Grace! I was so surprised when I saw that you might be getting an Olivia Grace too! Your children are precious and I wish you all the best!
Blessings!
Barbara Huff

Teresa said...

A momma knows! You have a sensitive heart for orphans and the Lord will bless your path to Olivia Grace. I'll be praying for wisdom and direction for your family.
How exciting!

Jill said...

Follow your heart girl!! Can't wait to see what unfolds!!

Please "say it ain't so" with backing off the blog.......

Hugs, Jill

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

You know I'm praying along with you my dear sweet friend {{{{hug}}}} Have faith. Oh how fun it would be for both of us to have an Olivia Grace!!!!
Keep praying....

Jewels of My Heart said...

Your children are so beautiful....
Oh, how I understand your heart...
I am waiting for the Lord to move mountains to bring children home that are still waiting for me...
God's Speed

rottylover79 said...

Steffie,
Though I only know you and your "things" through this blog you write ;o) you amaze me with the amount of love, affection, passion and strength you have. You give many of us inspiration and eagerness to be a better person. May God bring sweet baby Olivia home to you and your loving family.
God bless,
April

The Byrd's Nest said...

You just continue to amaze me with your strength.....God will bless you. He has already blessed you with such a beautiful family Steffie...I will join you in prayer for Oliva Grace.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wow. I don't even have the words. You continually inspire and amaze. We definitely need to get together and get the husbands to have a nice little chat. Perhaps, David can get Chris to rethink another adoption. I think our family needs to shake things up so badly with a little boy.

Dita said...

Your Things are absolutely gorgeous...but then I know I don't need to tell YOU that!

You are an incredible woman in all that you do but your passion for children is unsurpassed.

You have the capacity for great love and the ability to create a wonderful home for all of your family.

I am very excited to follow your journey to Olivia Grace every step of the way.

Hugs to you, Steffie......you are such a special girl!

kerri said...

Your inspiring, your a wonderful woman and Mother, if your blessed to be on another amazing journey, I will be following you every step of the way.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praying with you Steffie! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and your sweet family.

Blessings,
Monica

Briana's Mom said...

Your heart is so full of love. I can definitely see you with a Thing #4. I'll say a prayer for you!

Debra said...

Amazing post. I could feel your love through your words. All of your children are so beautiful. I am crazy about your newest Andrew. He touches my heart for some reason.
May God's way be clear and swift and comforting.
Debra
oh, if you do get to Olivia, and I hope so that you do, please let us come along via the blog at least a little. Thanks!

a Tonggu Momma said...

You would be amazing as the mom of four, Steffie. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

Follow your heart - if your heart goes forth let the road to Olivia Grace be short, level and straight.

Blessing, Ashley

Stephanie said...

Oh honey follow your heart! it will not lead you astray..you are such a fabulous mom. Post when you can...we'll be here waiting. In the meantime I'll have to check out your flickr site...your babies are beautiful!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know i will walk w/ya no matter where you go or how long it takes ... won't it be funny if we are both in rockers on the front porch w/ our canes talking about how we are going to adopt again ... hee hee ...

love ya

Keri said...

My only request is that if you adopt Olivia Grace (love the name BTW) please, please blog about it! I so enjoyed your trip to Andrew and your photography was so beautiful. BTW, there is no way you or your husband are anywhere near 50!

Keri

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

I believe you are praying in accordance with God's word and promises...May He give you the desire of your heart and one more child a family. Hang on, friend, I believe you are not done, and that is why you can't let this go. PRAYING for you!
PS I would adopt again in a heartbeat. I loved my agency, Associated Services for International Adoption (A.S.I.A.) in Portland, OR

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

that picture of Daniel is stunning. I mean really stunning.

Lea
xo

Debbie said...

Wow Steffie!! This is awesome news!! We are 50 and 52 and I would love to adopt again, but Mark is done unless God changes his mind. Great pictures, love the B&W of Emmie, she is looking cool!!

The camera, we think is too much for Skyler, I meant to let you know, this week has been nuts!!!

Debbie

insanemommy said...

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but who are these 3 grown children you are talking about?! I didn't know you had grown children! Wow.... You must've started really early...ha ha...

t~ said...

I hear ya sister, you follow your heart and you won't go wrong. Love all your cute little Things!