Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Answered Prayer

P5071379
We had our appointment with our cardiologist today. Andrew was hooked up to all sorts of machines and also had a 33 minute ultrasound. He was the golden child. Never cried, never complained, he just took it all in stride. He didn't move a muscle during the ultrasound and when the Doctor came back in and said he wanted one more look, he just hopped right back up onto the table. He amazes us. He also had a blood draw.....he didn't even flinch. 3 viles. We just can't believe how mello he is at times. David thinks it is because he already trusts us and feels our love. I hope he is right! ;)
The out come?????
Andrew does have a hole in his heart but it is so borderline on whether he needs surgery or not. We are being advised to have it repaired, but that there is no hurry. There is no immediate danger or serious problem. We are scheduled to go back in September and decide at that point when and what we would like to do. His body does have quite a bit of scar tissue around the hole as it was probably trying it's best to heal and close the hole. However, the fact that Andrew is
3 1/2 years old, it probably has done all it is going to do. David and I both feel that we will have the surgery done because it is ultimately in Andrew's best interest, but I can't tell you how relieved we are that it is not a "serious, take care of it right now" kind of situation. The Doctor told us to "get to know our Son" and to "enjoy this time with him", to treat him like any normal 3 1/2 year old boy and let him have fun. What an answered prayer. We are so relieved and many of you have asked me to let you know how our appointment went, so I wanted to share our good news. Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day to all my family, friends and blogger girlfriends! ;)

P5086964

41 comments:

Charity said...

What a blessing. Praise God that it isn't as serious. Enjoy your weekend. Mother's Day will be sweet. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Jodee said...

What a little trooper! So glad to hear the good news!

I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Andrew is AMAZING..
how brave.. he does know that you ALL love him and he can trust you..
I am soooo happy for you..
Glad things are not serious...
HAPPY MOTHER"S Day...
You will have a WONDERFUL DAY with your AMAZING Family...
love ya girly..

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so relieved and happy for you. This is super news!!! Isn't Dr. Lacina the best? I just love that doctor. How wonderful that you get to relax and get to know each other alittle more before you jump into surgery. It's a wonderful situation all the way around. I couldn't be more pleased for your whole family. Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Missy said...

Oh Steffie!
This is such incredible news...and on Mother's Day weekend, at that :) Andrew sure is a sweetie and I am so glad that his condition isn't that bad. Enjoy your things and have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

JG said...

Oh, the bionic boy pic! :) I remember those, only my parents didn't take pictures. I guess it's different with a girl. ;) That's awesome that there is no immediate emergency. How wonderful. I'm sure that's a huge relief. He sounds like a trooper!

Happy Mother's Day!

hollym. said...

Tears of happiness for the results of Andrew's appointment. What a relief that surgery isn't pressing. Have fun getting to know Andrew!:)

Jill said...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! What a great job Andrew did!!!!
Praise Jesus about his results!
Hugs, Jill

Briana's Mom said...

Yay! What fabulous news! You are going to have the best Mother's Day ever!

Deb said...

Wonderful news.
What blessed news to hear on the week of Mothers Day!

Gail said...

What a blessing Steffie! And what a gift on Mother's Day weekend. I want to tell you I had a strong feeling that his test results would be this good...

hugs,
Gail

mommy24treasures said...

wonderful news.

Mr.Brian said...

Our God is a mighty and wonderful God.We give him all the credit for the good report.I am so happy for you.The worries and stress of so many if's has now been lifted for you.


I must ask one more question.Do you go anywhere without your camera?Here is you poor son all hooked up to a machine and mom takes pictures.LOLOLOLOL Gotta love that.
Keep the fun updates on the three things coming.It has been a real day brightener for me.And at this time I need it.
Hugs
Brian

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

great news and what better a gift for Mother's Day!

I hope your weekend is all about YOU!

Enjoy!

Lea
xo

Adoption Blog said...

This is the best news I've had in a while! Phew! This is wonderful and I am so delighted for you all!

I guess this must be THE best Mother's day gift EVER!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Hugs from Luxembourg
;-)

Shari U said...

Now that is wonderful news. Happy Mother's day, Steffie. I know it will be a happy day for you, surrounded by your many kiddos.

Linette said...

SO happy to read about this! You are going to have the BEST Mother's Day this year with all your babies home!

Nancy said...

Great News.
Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

What happy news and just in time to celebrate Mother's Day!

Truly answered prayer.

Shonni said...

What wonderful news...and he is SOOO cute!!!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Praise God!!!

Anonymous said...

The children are just beautiful. What a Mother's Day gift you've received the best possible news on Andrew's health!

Best,
Joan

Tiffany said...

Praise God!!!!!
That is great news!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Wendy said...

What wonderful news. I am very happy for you and wee Andrew.

Enjoy your mother's day
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Stef,

Praises to our father!!! I'm very happy to hear the news about Andrew. Happy Mothers Day Girl!!! Blessing Abound, enjoy your little kiddles and sweet Emmie.

Your Friend,
Michele

Unknown said...

What great news! Have a great Mothers Day!
Donna

The Byrd's Nest said...

God is good.....ALL the time! Amen!!!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What happy news indeed!
Oh, how I love answered prayers.
Have I told you lately how handsome your little man is!

Dita said...

What an incredible child he is, Steffie. I am amazed when I look at him and think of all he has gone through in his short life and when I realize the wonderful life he has just begun wrapped inside your precious family.

Happy Mother's Day!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This is great news Steffie!! What an incredible little boy you have there....he seems to be doing so well with everything!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to you too!!
Lisa

LaLa said...

What wonderful news!!! God is good ALL the time!! Happy Mother's Day : )

Diana said...

What a WONDERFUL Mothers Day gift!!!
Happy Mothers Day:)
Hugs

Robin said...

Steffie, That is GREAT news! Yea!! I know you are soooo relieved :)

Shelly and Family said...

I love reading all the updates and the photos are to die for! Andrew is one strong little boy - you can just see it and for what ever lies ahead in his future...he will be fine. I can just feel it when I read about him and your love.

and...Happy Mother's Day

redmaryjanes said...

I am so happy to hear this good news! We will be at the same doctor soon (hopefully). Love you, Happy Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day girly..
Hugs..

Shawnstribe said...

God is good!!!!! so so happy to hear the good news
xxx
s

Carla said...

That is such AWESOME news!! It is refreshing to hear a doc that understands the need for bonding and attaching before starting medical interventions!! (when possible) Now you can have a relaxing and fun filled summer!!

Blessings,
Carla

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Fantastic news!!! He is such a brave little man!!! : )

Catching Butterflies 3 said...

What a good boy you have!!!
Is it ASD or VSD? They can repair ASD without opening him up. They have a new way of placing netting over the hole and scare tissue forms to cover the hole. It's a pretty new treatment that they started in Germany. If it is ASD I would check into it. They can not do this for VSD. I have two heart kids. Even if they must open him up, they heal super fast. You'll be amazed!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

praises to the FATHER !!!