Monday, March 2, 2009

Change

600
In life there always seems to be change. Hopefully it is for the good. I started this blog back in November, 2006 to keep in touch with my travel mates. We all got on board and kept in touch by posting pictures and writing daily tid bits about our Pingjiang girls. For a while, I was a blog fanatic. I was always on it, always posting and always leaving comments. However, in the past 2/1/2 years my life has changed quite a bit. My outlook on life has changed, my priorities have changed and I have acquired new interests. And very soon, I will be completing my last dream. I know that once Andrew is home, that my focus and attention will be solely on bonding this family together. Spending time together and taking more pictures then I will know what to do with. I have contemplated on making my blog private, but until I feel that need, I will continue to let people see what is going on in our lives.

The wonderful Blog Fairy created all these buttons you see at the top of my blog and I have designed all of the blogs. I have decided to have more personal blog's with my interests and things that are important to me. I have fallen in love with Photography and have joined many groups and want to continue to learn and grow in that area. I have two Photography blogs. One to post pictures and one where I will hopefully learn and take on photo challenges as I come across them. I needed a place to record my thought and memories for the children. How to save these blogs is something I am still trying to figure out. But I feel if I write my feelings out and upload pictures, it will be something I can keep for them. Then I wanted a blog to record my journey's in China. Again, something to share with Sophia and Andrew. You will be able to follow our journey to Andrew by clicking on that button at the top of the blog as well. It is going to be a personal journal to him. I will post different pictures and thoughts on that site and my regular family blog while we are there. The Reflections blog will be a personal journal to my children as special moments happen. And finally a blog about me. A fun place where I hope I can let some of you that are interested know a bit more about me. And again, a memory for my children. So while I will be busy doing these things, I know that my blog hopping time will decrease. Don't worry, I won't fall off the band wagon completely. There are too many of you that I have grown to love and many of you that I must see complete your own journey. Most of the blogs that I made are still under "blog construction." But this is where my life is going.
Finally.......Happy Are We. 450

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Briana's Mom said...

I am so excited to follow your journey to Andrew! So exciting! And I love the new look of your blog!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I know what you mean Steffie...since I began homeschooling I have even felt a little guilty for as much time as it takes to check on everyone I love!

I don't mind if you don't have time for me....just as long as you keep me in your prayers!

I cannot wait to see his entire room but mostly I can't wait for him to come home.

mommy24treasures said...

oh my you have been busy creating! WOW.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to follow along. I'm anxious for your next journey to start. Hugs.

Kim said...

LOVE Andrew's room so far..
You are doing an amazing job..
Can't wait to see him in there..
I LOVE all your blogs.. I will never be able to keep up..
YOU are SOOOOO AMAZING..
Love ya girly..

Kristy said...

I can't wait to follow along on your journey to Andrew. Dont worry so much about following me, I am sure you will hear me screaming and crying when we get our referral. So until then just enjoy your life. God bless all of you.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

WOW have you been busy!! Andrew's room looks great and so does your new MEGA blog!! I love what you did....

You must be so anxious to meet your precious boy....thinking of you all as you prepare to bring him home.

Hugs,

Lisa

Keisha said...

Oh.. I love your blogS! I was just checking them out and they look great! I also love the "story of you" for Andrew.
He has such the sweetest little face ever. Love it!!
Hugs! hope you're feeling better girly!
Keisha

Gail said...

I briefly checked out your blogs...you've been busy Steffie. You inspire me so much. I've also thought of doing my own photography blog to help me learn and improve. You know change is a good thing. I've been going through some changes too, even been considering stopping my blog but I'm not doing that.

I can't wait to see you holding Andrew and that incredibly special journey of love in China as you come together as a family. Adoption is such a gift to us all.

And I really hope we get to meet in May...I think we will!

with hugs and love,
your friend Gail :)

Kerry said...

Steffie, your blogs look fabulous. You are so incredibly talented. And I look forward to following your journey to Andrew. Your story of you site is amazing!

Hugs

Jboo said...

Just recently found your blog and it is wonderful! You are very talented! Looking forward to following your journey to you son. Take care.
Janet

Denise C said...

Ok....lots of thoughts here...:
First...love the new blog...love the links...I am going to navigate thru each one...and I am excited...it is like reading a "new" book!!! ;)

Next, OH...sweet Andrew...it won't be long now...I have not stopped praying for you as you absolutely "tore up" this world searching for him! I would always tell God....I cannot wait to see what you do in this family...because this Mama is looking under every rock...for her final baby to be a part of her family.....and you are sending her on a "journey of the heart" for a reason...and it is such a blessing to watch it unfold right before our eyes...! I am certain...that HE grew your faith in amazing ways these last 22 months of waiting....and I also know that you are sooooo much like me in that...we type A girlies do NOT do well with patience, waiting, and sitting still....oh no! We are take charge...make it happen girls! SO when GOD says wait....we have absolutely NO CHOICE! and truthfully...we wouldn't want to make that choice...since HE's got this whole thing worked out perfectly anyway!
You are an amazing woman of strength, grace, beauty both inward and outward....and a beautiful child of the King!!! He shines through you in all that you do Steffie...and I just wanted you to know that!

Next, the camera....I need to email you on that one...it will take a bit to type it all out. I think it is me....not the camera...in a nut shell..I hate the quick flashing it does to focus before actually taking the pic...I seem to miss so many shots because it is "blinking" and not actually taking the pic!.....and yes, you may buy it if you'd like..I have the two lens.(like you got)..I bought the the E510 camera bag to match the camera.....2 filters...2 batteries...and a SanDisk extreme 111 4.0 gb memory card.
Let me know if you are interested and we can "talk".

NOw...I am going to go look at your fish eye lens pics....b/c I was just looking at that online...and thinking...wow..that would be so neat...then I get your email telling me you have one...ooooo!!! can't wait to see what you did with it!!!
Ok girl..gotta run out the door....we are off to Science lab...then to the gym...then to Taekwondo...then finally home ....about 10:30pm! Oh the joys of being a busy mom to a teenager who likes to run all the time! heehee...I wouldn't trade it for the entire Coach store...heehee...well...um..maybe..! *wink*! Send me a pic of your latest Coach purchase! Can't wait to see !!!!
Luv ya tons...thanks for staying in touch...and checking in on us! We'll talk soon...let me know about the camera...I can ship it quickly to you if you are wanting it before you take off on your trips...when is Maui by the way???

Kayce said...

I have loved following your journey and can't wait to see Andrew be placed in your arms.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I LOVE seeing how things are going with you!

Lauren said...

What awesome ideas!

Stephanie said...

I love the changes you've made! I can't wait to follow along on your journey to Andrew. I feel blessed that you are allowing us to experience this with you! Hugs

Shawnstribe said...

i know what you mean, i too have met so many amazing galsout there and don't wanna give up following any of our journeys.
So if it'sok with you, i will also pop in as i can
xxx
s

redmaryjanes said...

I think you new blog is fabulous and I love that you are branching out. You really are a very talented photographer. You know I'll follow you wherever you go. You're in my 'core'. :)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Hey Steffie...just wanted to stop by and tell you that I miss you...I hope you are feeling better : )
I love all your new blogs.

Cindy said...

love your blog. What a great way for your kids to look back on someday and see what a wonderful mother they have.
looking forwards to following your next journey.

Mommy Spice said...

I have not been in the blog world as much this past year as I used to. I just don't have the time. But I love coming and revisiting favorite blogs here and there. I'm so excited about Andrew and hope to be able to keep up with your journey. He is such a doll, and has no idea what a blessing he's about to receive...all of you are about to receive.