Monday, February 9, 2009

Mini Photoshoot

This past weekend was my sister Corrie's birthday so we went to my Moms house to have cake and ice cream. I took the opportunity to "try" and have a brief photoshoot with Sophia. My Mothers house has huge windows and she has several different rooms. It was fun. Sophia was in a pretty good mood. However the boy, was not. He was way to interested in baby
Ollie and just running all over the house. 3264888300_cccb2703a1_b
This is my favorite smile from Sophia and I very rarely get it. It is natural and she is really happy. It's not the posed, teeth clenched look. I thought it turned out cute.
3264059261_1d7456346b_b
Here we get the more teeth clenched smile. I still think she looks darling. P2085798
The kids just love playing on the Grand Piano. This piano was my Great Grandmother Hazel's. My parents had it shipped up from FL when she passed away many years ago. It's in the parlor which is the music room.
3265282544_8f81276bba_b
This is my niece Ollie. She is 9 months old. What a little peanut!
LOVE HER!!!!
And Sophia and Daniel can't get enough of her. P2085824
Susan was in from Chicago, so she got to ride in the very back of the Mama Machine on the way to Oma's house. She took the opportunity to get warm by the fire.
I was pleased to get her facial reflection in the table. 3264855788_20e62389d4_b
David was gone for the past 9 days on his annual "guy trip" to CO to ski.
Sophia missed him terribly. She has been quite clingy to him
since he has been back home. P2085814
Sophia was putting on a show for Oma here. Barely staying around the
chair long enough for us to get a picture. P2085814
My artistic sister Ingrid pointed out that in the previous picture, Sophia was too dark and fading into the background. So here is my quickly "lightened" version. ;) 3264033233_a32f043d30_b
This is the look I capture quite a bit from Sophia. The serious, stare down look. I personally think this picture is beautiful of her. It was my favorite of the day. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures with my Mom or Sister. ~sigh~ I guess when you aren't chasing the kids for pictures, you are chasing them for something else.

P2085789

And then just a little photo editing....I am so challenged in this area....!

25 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a lovely setting with stunning pictures (as always). I think you've found your 2nd career (besides super mom). Best wishes with Emmie's doctor appt. Hugs!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Beautiful pictures....I love the one of Sophia with her Daddy...so precious and your niece is gorgeous!! Looks like you had a wonderful visit!

Lisa

Briana's Mom said...

Glad I popped in! I am so glad I got my beautiful Sophia fix for the day! :)

mommy24treasures said...

beautiful!!!!!
You are doing a great job and Sophia is perfectly lovely. I love serious looks too. I love to think about what is goingo n behind those little eyes when they are so deep in thought. Have a lovely week friend. Hope it warms up for you soon.

Stephanie said...

Those are adorable!!! You have such a beautiful family!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL Day..
Love the photos..
Sophia is tooo cute..
Hugs..

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are not challenged...give me a break...you take beautiful pictures! We have this dress and I love it...I will be sad when they outgrow it. We have the pants too which are flared at the bottom and with Emma's long Korean legs...they are precious!

My favorite picture Steffie is of her peaking out around the chair!

OH MY #6 said...

you are right these pictures of your girl are just adorable.

Lea
xo

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl. My favorite was the one of her peeking around the chair!!! I love her dress!

Ollie is precious...what a great subject! No wonder you felt the need to photograph surrounded by all that beauty!!

Kate

Dita said...

Beautiful photos, as always!

Kristy said...

Yes Steffie, Sophia is beautiful and I love all of her pictures, Ollie is just too darn cute, and that Susan is incredibly gorgeous!!! Your moms house is beautiful also.
Love, Kristy

Gail said...

You are so NOT challenged in photo editing girl...these are all stunning. My favs are the top one and Sophia peaking around the chair. Love the black and white dress too...very cute on her!

Charity said...

Beautiful pics!!! And Yea for the LOA!!!! Wow that was quick. We must have been through the review room. I can't believe this is finally happening for you. Keep us all posted. I can understand that April can't get here fast enough. Get to packing - Maui & China should be nice and warm then!!!!!! YIPPEEE

Keisha said...

Congrats on the LOA!! How Exciting!!

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the LOA...
April is going to be an AMAZING month..
I will go with you to Maui....lol...
HUGS..
SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU..
Love ya girly..

~Amy~ said...

YAY YAY YAY!! I'm sooooooooo happy for you guys!!!!!! :) I can NOT wait to meet little Drew!!! Hugs my friend!
-Amy

Missy said...

Beautiful Steffie!!! I love all of these of Sophia...gosh, she is sooo stunningly gorgeous!

Congrats on LOA!!! I can't wait to see baby Andrew with his brother and sisters!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Challenged in the photo editing area? Ha! You should stop by and see MY pictures. Challenged?!?!! You are too modest.

And CONGRATS ON YOUR LOA!!!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

YEAH for LOA!!!! Whooo hooooo!!!! I love the pictures!!! The last one is my favorite but they are all beautiful!!!!

Michelle R Photography said...

LOA, LOA!!! Happy dance, happy dance!!! I am so happy for you!!

Your photos are great! I agree with you. I like Sophie's serious "stare down" picture the best, too. I think she's beautiful and the background looks great, too.

Now I'm going back to dancing... LOA, LOA, LOA, LOA.....

Julia said...

Congratulations on your LOA, I'm so happy for you!! I'd love to be a stowaway on that Hawaii trip, we're hoping to get there in a couple of years. :-)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Love the shots.... you did good. Sophia is so beautiful and my favorite pic is your favorite too.... simply stunning!

Anonymous said...

Love your pics, Steffie, da Momma with an LOA!!! WooHOO!

The first pic of Fia peeking around the couch is my fav!!

Hugs to you all.

Dawn said...

Congratulations on LOA....that was quick!!! I cannot wait to see that sweet little guy in your arms!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow...Steffie...that seemed really quick to get your LOA...Praise Him...Praise Him!

I pray you do get that time alone with the babies before you go...