Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two Naughty Things

PC205097-1

Don't let this picture fool you!
I'm not quite sure what has happened in the last few days. Perhaps the "threat" of "Santa is watching you" is no longer etched in their little brains. They have taken down the gate to the bathroom and decided to get into the toothpaste. BRIGHT BLUE TOOTHPASTE! Who needs toothpaste for brushing teeth anyways? It looks so much better smeared all over the sink and on Sophia's pretty yellow bedroom walls. And being that Sophia is such a princess AND the fact that she is 4 years old and can do EVERYTHING BY HERSELF.....why would she bother to ask Mommy or Sissy to paint her nails with Mommy's RED nail polish? She can do it HERSELF! And so what if she got it all over her BRAND NEW DRESS Mommy bought her and run out of Mommy's bedroom with it...trip and fall and get red nail polish ALL OVER THE HALLWAY WALL!!!!! Who would have thought that watching Peter Pan would trigger Daniel to act like everything he has in his hands is a SWORD????? Jabbing it out into the air and torturing his sister while pretending to hit her with it. Saying "Ha-ha-ha, Hee-hee- hee" the entire time. And then whatever he DOES have in his hand, stick it in the TOILET only to come out into my living room and start flinging it all over. Thankfully from a "clean" bowl. Sigh......and something tells me it has ONLY JUST BEGUN with these two. Is it any wonder that I will be opening a bottle of wine tonight? Anyone want to join me? ;)

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I love some!

Lea

Anonymous said...

BTW, I have been meaning to ask you. Are you coming to Ann Arbor in May?

Lea

JulieM said...

You are too funny! Can't wait to hear what your Things are up to in 2009!

Kim said...

LOVE those two things..
Sounds like they are having FUN..
Pour me a glass..we will have fun watching the CUTEST little Things...
HUGS..
It only gets better..
Love ya..

Jewels of My Heart said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My.........
Sorry friend, no words of wisdom...
I feel for you... heheeee
Just think 30 years from now you will all look back on their playful little antics (HA!) and laugh....

Mr.Brian said...

Honey you are going to need more then one bottle of wine and maybe some stronger stuff too.
Just does my heart good when I read these posts,dogs are pretty good then.
Happy New Year dear.
Hugs,
Mr.Brian

Diana said...

LOL
They look like little angels to me:)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Oh honey you belong in the nuthouse...wanna come over? I will drink with you : )
Can you bring a few bottles though? Life is nuts over here LOL
Livi took 2 rolls of tape tonight and completely taped up her legs then she proceeded to cut it off and cut herself a little bit...when I tried to help she had a meltdown...thank God it didn't last long. The tape will now be in lock down!

Briana's Mom said...

Oh man! That is some day you had! LOL! Wow!!!!!

I'll take some of that wine though. :)

Shelly and Family said...

Oh Steffie...I SO know what you are going through...(and as I am sitting here typing this...I am enjoying a great glass of wine...hoping you got a chance to enjoy yours!)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I don't think I'm ever going to take our child-proof locks off our cupboards after reading your post. I've already opened my bottle and I'm happy to join you virtually.

Love ya!!

mommy24treasures said...

oh yes welcome to my world. Jacob and Chloe have been at it since they were 2;) Its always Jacob told me to, or Chloe told me to;)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am sorry, but I am dying here reading this.....that is quite a day!! Only one bottle of wine....how about two!!

Happy New Year!!

Lisa

Gail said...

LOL. Oh but your naughty things are just too cute...they've been busy haven't they?

The scissors are always hidden in our house. I think I'm going to go hide the nail polish now... ;)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Ack! Sounds like the Tongginator, for sure. They must be old enough (and smart enough) to realize that Santa is really old... his memory ain't that good over the long term. He tends to only remember November through Christmas Eve.

Forget the wine glass... have the bottle!

Missy said...

Oh sweet Steffie...Sophia sounds like our Paige...little miss independent and into EVERYTHING! Well, think of it this way, you can never say your life is dull, right???

Oh, if only I lived closer, I would gladly share in your spirits with you : )

Hang in there...at least they're cute : )

RamblingMother said...

oh wow you have your hands full now! thank goodness they are cute and you love them, huh?

Dita said...

I know it well...its everyday in my house. Anthony is 9 1/2 and he never outgrew it. Everything is a sword or WORSE...a gun! He still jumps over a couch in a single bound and creates a little (or big) tornado wherever he goes...hence his nickname, Taz.

Little Jade is a chip off her brother's block destroying anything in her path and leaving a wake of tattered books, dolls missing heads and cheerios everywhere.

I've replaced "Calgon take me away" with "Honey, where's the Merlot?"

I'll raise my glass to you as I hide the nailpolish RIGHT NOW!

Happy New Year, my dear!

Kristi said...

I am putting the nail polish out of Anna's reach....thanks for the warning as she too is getting so independent! They are still awfully cute in spite of the messes and sword swinging!

kerri said...

ROTFL, feel for you, Thelma and Loiuse over here have not been up to any antics later(knock on wood).
We will look back on these days and laugh ourselves silly.
For now I'll uncork you a bottle LOL...
Happy New Year, wishing you health, happiness and prosperity..

Tiffany said...

Oh my.... thank you for the laughs! You are going to need that bottle of wine... If you need help with drinking it or an extra let me know...
Your things are quite the duo... they sound like 2 that I have....

Happy New Year!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so glad your kids are just LIKE MINE!! hee hee ... i have hidden so much from the kids that sometimes I can't even find the things I have hidden ... please come visit me soon, so we can laugh at our crazy lives !!!

Michelle R Photography said...

Sorry, Steffie, but I'm totally cracking up here. They are putting your Magic E*raser to the test, eh? Could it be they are still on a candy and cookie high? Thankfully, they have major cuteness on their side. :)

Happy New Year!!

PandaMom said...

Happy New Year!! Hope your naughty Things will get it together for ya in the new year! LOL! ; )

My post tells a tad bit about our adoption thus far...

Unknown said...

Girl, I feel you're pain...

Caroline will whine that she can't put her socks on herself, but insists that she knows what she's doing on the computer and can do it herself...until it locks up on her at which point she will bang the mouse on the desk. She insists she needs help putting tootpaste on her toothbrush, but has no trouble using the toothpaste to paint the sink when she's not brushing her teeth.

If I were there, I'd join you in a bottle of wine. Better yet, come here where the weather is sunny, but crisp and we'll enjoy a glass with some chocolates on my patio.

Unknown said...

Come to think of it, Caroline asked for nail polish last night! Must put that in the safe!

jennifer said...

That is hysterical...I mean awful;) Gotta love it. You know you'll be bored when they are too old to do all that ;)lol...

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

A month or so back, you mentioned looking for a new, smaller camera. If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up with? Do you like it? You can email me or just leave a comment on my blog or yours!

Thanks,

Dawn

Lisa said...

Oh yes, I've btdt! I feel your pain my friend! Wine? Count me in! : ) P.S. They look like perfect angels to me! ; )

redmaryjanes said...

You are kidding me??? All over a dress and the hall wall? Oh man, guess I'd better find a new spot for my polish before my princess arrives. I guess I always thought girls weren't nearly as messy as boys.

Terri said...

Oh my Honey, I hope you have recovered & are still enjoying your wine!!! It is so hard to imagine those precious things would do such a thing!!!

Love to hear mom stories, makes me feel better knowing i am not the only one that has those days!!!

Terri

The Byrd's Nest said...

Sure....I'll come over...we could throw Lottie and Emma in the midst of all of that and have some great laughs!