Back in October, there was a Sunday when it was World Wide Communion. Our Pastor decided that while he talked about that, he wanted to have Sophia and Hope (from China) come up on stage to represent all the countries of our world. He talked about what a blessing they were. I leaned over and gave my girlfriend a hug as the tears just filled both of our eyes. I can hardly take it when it comes to this sort of thing anymore. I just wanted to grab a microphone and start preaching to the congregation about adoption. I wanted to challenge them to the call of bringing home the orphans of our world. To realize that life isn't just about what you can do for your own family, but to reach deeper into your soul and give your love to those who also deserve it, but for some unknown reason to us aren't given that opportunity. But I focused on what our Pastor was saying and each of the girls were given a basket of bread to bring up to one of the Elders. I was so honored to be up on stage with my precious girl. She truly is such a sweet soul and I just love her dearly......my Asian Princess from afar.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






32 comments:
What a lovely thing your church did to honor World Wide Communion. I can't imagine how I would have kept myself composed during the rest of the church service. Adoption is certainly a life changing experience. I'm right there with you in wanting to shout it from the rooftops. Love ya, sweetie!!
How beautiful she is and how obivous that you love her so! I too would love to shout to the world about the beauty of adoption. I truly work hard to be aptient when people ask me questions regarding adoption....you just never know who's heart will be spoken to.
Hugs
Susan
You have done a beautiful thing and I think it is wonderful what Sophia was able to do at church! She is a beautiful little girl..I just love the picture!
So sweet. What a blessing.
Oh Steffie, I'm the same way! I tell anyone and everyone that I can about adoption. How wonderful that your beautiful girl could participate in the service this way. Great picture!
What a wonderful and beautiful message for your church to send out to their congregation.
Sophia looks absolutely beautiful....just like a little angel!
And such a pretty princess she is...
We're tryna call Steffie. Trust me, we are. xx
She is so beautiful and what a precious communion with the Lord that was for all of you....
I am certain Jesus was smiling...
What a beautiful Asican Princess she is! : )
what a beautiful moment for all of you
SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL..
Love the picture..
Have a Great Weekend..
Hugs girly..
She looks just beautiful. She is really growing up this year.
Miss you. Let's get together.
So precious! Sophia looks so grown up in this picture...very lovely!
What a beautiful picture and what a special church you attend. I love to tell everyone and anyone that will listen to me talk about adoption. I feel so blessed to be able to have adopted twice.
What a true honor it wa to have your church do something like that!
If only all churches would have world wide communion. What a neat thing to experience with your little princess! Like you, I want to tell the world about adoption. :)
What a beautiful little Asian Princess!! I still look at Heidy sometimes and think are you really mine?? I know what you mean about wanting everyone to adopt!!
Debbie
My goodness Steffie she grown up so much. I just noticed it in that picture. She is so beautiful. That a lovely thing that your church did and I could so picture you taking the microphone. You would have riled up the house.
this is such a sweet post I am glad you blogged about it. Let me know what you buy today!
Ahhh, that's awesome. I would not have been able to hold back the tears either.
Thanks for sharing, that was neat to hear.
Thinking of you and the family often.
How is Emmie doing any more headaches and such???
Hey! I have been too busy to blog, but think of you often!!! ; )
How are you doing? I've been thinking about you.
Well...Eli says it would be very sweet to marry with Sophia and he can do right now :)
Oh what a beautiful thing your Pastor did. Seems like more people would understand adoption more since God adopted all of us.
She is a beautiful Asian princess.
Steffie no worries, I'm a crier too!!!! And that certainly would have brought on the water works for me too!!! And your right she is such a sweet soul. Just looking at her eyes proves that.
Love and blessings, Kristy
I am sure that just by being there---you "spoke" to someone's heart!
A special day and event with your beautiful princess.
Life has sooo many precious moments
xxx
s
what a precious moment and what a faithful pastor to bring to the for front of people's minds God's calling for all of us to care for the "Least of These" ... i love ya girl ..
That sounds like such a special service...I would have been crying, too!
Sophia looks so beautiful in her silk dress!
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hi Steffie,
Your Asian Princess looks beautiful. I agree with you. God's timing was perfect for when he opened our eyes to adoption, or else we wouldn't have the two girls we do today, but I wish more people were aware of the 143 million kids that need a home and someone to love them.
I hope you like the Lumix. The pre-set settings are pretty good. I actually like some of my nighttime tripod pictures of the Eiffel Tower with my Lumix better than my tripod pictures with my Rebel. Plus, you can sneak it in your purse and use it at concerts and other venues that don't allow DSLRs.
Happy Thanksgiving!! Remember, this is PandaMom. ; )
Post a Comment