Last week Emmie had her "Middle School" graduation ceremony. We are so very proud of her. For the past three years she has been on the Student Council. She loved it. She wanted to be on it in High School as well, however, you didn't get to just be "on it" just because you were on it in Middle School. There was a packet that they needed to fill out, you needed two recommendation's other than from family and go through an interview process. Also, anyone else in the 8th grade that wanted to interview could too. Needless to say.....SHE MADE IT!!! She was so happy. They also had class officers elections last week. She ran for Secretary......SHE GOT IT!!! Again....she was thrilled. I was so happy she could end the year on a bang!
Emmie has always excelled in school. She got several awards, but I think the one that speaks for itself is that she has been in the top 10% of her class all three years. We are so very proud of her. She really takes school seriously......we are thankful for that. ;)
Last year Emmie got the award for the highest GPA on her house. This year her friend Kimi got it and she was truly happy for her. Kimi is a very sweet, well put together young lady. I hope they can remain friends through High School. ;)
These three have known each other since they were 3 years old. Kenzie and Lauren are very solid, strong Christian girls that I am thrilled Emmie is friends with. This was after their last band concert this week. They really do have a good band. Kenzie spends quite a bit of time at our house.....and I'm sure Lauren will be over this summer as well. The girls are crazy together. I'm happy that they have weathered the storms of Middle School and pray that they can be a support to each other during High School.
But mostly.....
We are very proud of you Emmie......and we love you tons! ;)
Love Mom & Dad






28 comments:
Congratulations to your Emmie. I can see why you are so proud. Those are quite the accomplishments. Here's to hoping that High School drama is far and few between (smile)!!
Hugs,
Kim K.
I am so glad to hear what a wonderful year Emmie had. I pray her high school years are filled with friendship and that she continues to excel. It sounds like she is doing so well. What a wonderful accomplishment to have received Sec and Student Council. WOW.
Love
C
Congratulations Emmie...
Steffie~ she is beautiful.. Great stuff.. it is always nice to see your children excel in the schooling..
Have a Great Sunday.
HUGS..
Congratulations to Emmie. She is just so beautiful, Steffie. She truly is...
You should be proud of such a lovely young lady. hats of you mom & dad for their part in that.
Lea
xo
I know how you are feeling.
For us the slow down in China was a hidden miracle. If not we would not have our amazing daughter from Ethiopia.
I just want you to know Ethiopia has many non sibling children in need of homes. I was so moved by out travels to Ethiopia I am now working for our Ethiopia adoption agency. If you ever want to talk about adopting from Ethiopia please email me leah697@yahoo.com
Congratulations to your beautiful daughter!!! And...to you too mom and dad....she's a direct reflection of you both....and how you have taught her "His" ways!
What a sweet graduation ceremony...and pictures of precious friends!
Blessings,
Denise
Congratulations to Emmie!!!! I can see why you are so proud of her. Wow, I can't believe she is going to be in High School next year! Top 10% all three years, that is something to be VERY proud of! Having wonderful supportive parents is a major key in her successes, so congratulation to you and David too!!!
How exciting! No wonder you are proud! Great Job Emmie
Congratulations to your beautiful Emmie. I know you are very, very proud of her. And I have to agree...she's a reflection of her parents and wonderful family. I'm sure her High School years will be just as successful as Middle School.
:) Gail
Congratulations beautiful girl!!!
I know you must be so proud of her, I bet she will certainly make the most of high school - in fact it sounds like she already is. Beauty and brains is quite a combination she has!
Congratulations to Emmie! She sounds as intelligent in both her personal choices and academics as she is beautiful.
Congrats to Emmie!! You have every reason to be proud, Emmie is a true Gem! She is beautiful, smart and sounds so sweet. Best of luck to Emmie in High School : )
Congratulations Emmie! Steffie, you have so much to proud of.
Hugs,
Sheryl
I will say a prayer for your friend. Hae a great week!
YAY Emmie! Keep up the good work! :)
That is SO wonderful, Stef! You should be so proud of your girl.
And, Emmie, congratulations to you! I think you are a shining star and your younger siblings are so blessed to have you there as such a wonderful example for them.
P.S. Wow! You are just getting prettier and prettier - LOVE those pictures!
So thankful she is through with middle school! Praying her high school years ahead will be positive and memorable.
Yay Emmie! You have so much to be proud of. Aren't good friends the best blessing for a teenager? I was blessed with great friends and I pray the same for my kids.
I pray high school is full of wonderful memories for Emmie!
Congratulations Emmie!! You have good reason to be so proud:)
Great job Emmie! Way to put yourself out there and not be afraid to go after the things that you want!
way to go sweet girl ... you are one of a kind ... i love your spirit and i can see your future will be filled w/ God's hand prints ... love ya !!
Celebration time!!! High school has been such a better experience for Hailey....one more year and Kyla can leave middle school behind her too!
Way to go! The girls look so cute in their white shirts!
Summer fun...yahoo!
Congratulations Emmie!! Enjoy high school and have a wonderful summer!
Emmie is simply amazing!
Steffie,
I have really missed visiting everyones blogs and keeping up with what is going in your families. Your blog, btw, is looking so beautiful these days! You are doing such a nice job with your blog designs and are very creative, especially with the scrap booking collages. Just lovely!
Congratulations to Emmie! You must be so very proud of her and all that she has accomplished!
Praying for you, my friend with your decision on which adoption path to take. I can imagine this must be on your heart and mind every day! Sometimes it is so hard to know which path to follow.
The pagoda swing set....oh, my word! That is just gorgeous! Your kids must be loving it.
Thanks so much for your kind words the last few weeks. They have been a blessing to me. Have a great day!!!
What a beautiful daughter you have both inside and out...You should be so proud you're doing an amazing job!!
Post a Comment