Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daniel's Day

collage18
We took the kids to Chuckie Cheese. Once again, we were the only ones there. It was great. They loved it....which is what it is all about isn't it???? We stayed for about an hour and then we came home because it was a gorgeous sunny day outside. Daniel got dump trucks for the new sandbox that we are building, books, (which he loves) a Diego camera and some binoculars. He was a happy boy and gave me the biggest cheesier smiles ALL. DAY. LONG. It was fantastic. He also thinks he is hot stuff now that he has is own cup with his name on it. AND.....he is actually drinking a little Gatorade. He also ate a little apple today. It's all about progress with The Boy! ;) After nap time, he wanted some Dibs which I always cut and half, and as usual he just ate them right off the counter. Didn't have his hands up there once.....we just cracked up laughing. It was a very low key day. Just us.....just the way I like it! ;) P4211932-1
Slurp.....
P4201888-1

Every morning when I walk into Daniel's room, he is usually standing in his bed looking out the big half moon window. This is the first picture of the day as an official 2 year old. He was watching the birds. I love how bright his eyes are shining. Full of wonder and curiosity. P4211956
Drinking a smoothie after dinner......who needs cake....Daniel wanted a smoothie! ;) P4201916-1
Ok....is this picture just not hilarious? I dressed them both in blue....hoping for that "picture" of the two of them. They hardly stayed together at Chuckie Cheese except for this ride. Could they look any more serious?!?!?!?!? What's up with that???
P4211961-1
Daniel James Beckering
April 21, 2008

35 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

great pics. I love how he looks right when he wakes up. He is a sweetie!
I love just us days too. So glad you had a great day.

day by day said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel!! You are such a little cutie and that smile is definitely contagious! As I look at your pictures, I can see a little boy that is so full of life! Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!

Steffie, that picture of Daniel in his crib looking out the window...oh, my goodness...it is GORGEOUS!! I just love the look in his eyes...I would definitely frame that one!

Have a great day!!

~Amy~ said...

OMG those are all great pictures! I can see him now...giving you that HUGE cheeser smile all day! I'm glad you had fun!! Wasn't yesterday just beautiful!? I layed out yesterday....trying to get tan like the Tribe is! ;) Have a good day Steffie!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

absolutely adorable ... he is just getting more handsome each year ... starting to look more like Emmie thank goodness than David ... lol ... i love ya sister and can't wait for your visit ... we are having some great weather here !!!

jennifer said...

What cute pictures of your new 2 year old! Love the one in his bed.

Taylor said...

So handsome!

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
Sounds like you had a GREAT Day...
Daniel is soooo handsome...
Love the picture of him in his bed...
His eyes are beautiful..
Have a Great Day..

Gail said...

What a handsome dude...looks like you all had an awesome day....!

D & S said...

My nephew loves that place too. Looks like both your things had a good time!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures! We were just at CC last Saturday. We definitly weren't the only ones there...how cool is that for you guys!! He is so adorable!! I love the picture of him in his crib! Sooooooo sweet!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel! Love the picture of the two of them in the car @ C.C. and the picture of his face and the look of wonder on it is to precious.
Donna

Ashley said...

That picture of the 2 of them is hilarious!

The Byrd's Nest said...

LOVE those big huge adorable eyes!

kerri said...

This handsome little man has the most beautiful, blue eyes ever, he'll be leaving a trail of broken hearts...
Steffie, your camera takes the most amazing, clear shots, I might just start begging Superman for a new one. ;)

Michelle R Photography said...

What a gorgeous photo of Daniel standing in his crib. You captured his beautiful eyes and sweet curiosity.

Mr.Brian said...

Love the pictures!
It is a high light of my day reading your blog and seeing what the things have been up to.
The picture of the two things in the car is priceless.He looks like some determined male drive who refusses to ask for directions, and sis looks like she is thinking....why won't he just stop and ask how to get there.
Hey you need to stop by Kimberley's blog read my comment and add you 75 cents worth too.
However I am thinking she and I could come to your place and let you wait on us. I am not fussy.
Hugs and smooches.
Mr.Brian

Denise C said...

Oh what a very special day you had with your two little sweeties! Little Daniel is so precious!!! He has the most beautiful eyes! SO glad you all had such a fun time at Chuckie Cheese!!
Hugs to you sweet friend!

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! I love that CC pic....what faces!!! : )

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! What a precious little boy he is...love his smile!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

oohhhh what a cutie pie...I miss my boys being little...can I come visit Daniel and play?

Dannye said...

what a handsome little man...happy birthday little guy!

redmaryjanes said...

He really looks a lot like Emmie in the last black and white. What a darling boy. I tell you, Eli loves Chuckie Cheese too. It's the place to be for preschoolers!

Anonymous said...

Your sweet Daniel is a darling little man! He is sooo cute and his personality matches those great looks. That last picture is my favorite today. Chucky Cheese without people?? PERFECT!! It is often a mad house here.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday sweet birthday boy!!!!
Hugs and Kisses

Holly said...

Awww he is so adorable! Looks like a great birthday. Beautiful pictures as always!

Truly Blessed said...

What a handsome birthday boy!

Someday we should meet at CEC -- Katie's never been, and truthfully I'm a little leery of it, but it would be fun to get our kids together!

FHL said...

Sounds like a perfect day!
Happy Birthday Daniel!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

He is such a beautiful boy. You are truely blessed....

Young Creations said...

Adorable, simply adorable.
Happy Bday little man.
Lauren

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I could definitely handle walking in to greet that sweet face every morning!!!

Lisa said...

He is such a beautiful little boy. Looks like he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

In their picture together, I think Sophia and Daniel look a lot a like. Same noses. That would just be like God.

Happy Birthday, Daniel.

kitchu said...

FINALLY, I can comment!! (Safari browser, Apple).
Daniel day looks like it was AWESOME!! Such a beautiful little boy, can't believe how much he's grown up!!

kitchu said...

ps... the pics have been amazing (looking at you for months thru bloglines)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Absolutely precious..... He is getting so big.... Looks like he had a wonderful celebration!