All my life, I never dreamed.........
That I would appreciate the Chinese culture for what and how it is.
I never dreamed I would feel such intense emotions the day they placed her in my arms.
I will always remember that room in Hunan, China. My life changed forever and I changed forever! I could not believe she was my baby. "My Baby".......forever and always. "My Baby Girl".
I never dreamed I'd be sharing this experience with 10 other families.
It was the most beautiful "delivery room" I have ever been in, in my life.
I never dreamed I could instantly fall in love with her eyes.
Oh how I think they are so beautiful. I remember that first day in China. When she fell asleep in David's arms. I noticed her eyes IMMEDIATELY! Took that first picture and captured that small tear. It nearly broke my heart.
I never dreamed that once we were home with her, that nothing else in my world would matter.
I was in a euphoric state of mind......I didn't care about anything else except my family/home and making it a safe and happy place.
I never dreamed that losing some of my friends in the process wouldn't really faze me.
I'd been given a gift.....a gift that they couldn't and can't understand. She was and still is the most incredible thing I have ever, EVER experienced in my life. I don't need much more!
I never dreamed that I would feel such a strong sense of protection over her.
I pray that I am prepared to deal with the comments that will come her way. That I will be able to comfort her and help her grow to be a strong and confident girl.
I never dreamed I'd have a daughter with hair the color of night.
Or that I would secretly wish that mine was the same as hers. I might just have that color someday.
I never dreamed I'd have a child that was so incredibly beautiful in my eyes.
When I look at her, I am just in awe of her beauty and features!
I never dreamed that she could save me during one of the darkest times of my life.
She has brought me hope, peace and fulfillment when I didn't think it was possible.
I never dreamed I would hear the pitter patter of tiny feet in my house again.
When I hear her upstairs running around, my heart just skips a beat and her laughter is the most beautiful sound to me.
I never dreamed that I would be able to give Emmie that younger sister she wanted so badly through her childhood.
When I see the two of them together, or even just thinking about it, the tears fill my eyes and the water fall begins.
I never dreamed that she truly would bring us "Double Happiness".
People tell me that it is because of her, that we have Daniel. Perhaps that's so.
I just never dreamed that at this point in my life..... being 40 years old, that I could be so blessed! I pray for a another sister for her. To help her with her own story that she must face one day. But most of all, I hope I can help her work through this journey. That I have the words and comfort that she will need, because there isn't anything, ANYTHING in this world that I wouldn't do for her or to help her heal and feel my love!
I Never Dreamed......





59 comments:
That is a beautiful post.
Very well said!! I just love reading your posts..Just wished I was more up on mine these days..We are very blessed! Have a great day!
Amazing yet again Stef! She is a BEAUTIFUL princess...
Kisses and hugs!
Isn't wonderful that God's dream for us is often so much better than our own dreams.
Amen Michelle.....perfect comment!
Beautiful, very beautifully written! You have so eloquently put into words exactly what I have felt in my heart since the day I realized my daughter was in China and the magical moment when my eyes locked with hers across a chaotic, busy room where time stood still and everything/everyone else ceased to exist. Three years later and I am still amazed, humble and endlessly grateful for this amazing blessing! Have a wonderful day!
Sheryl
we are blessed...
those eyes capture my heart as well... Those beautiful Asian eyes...
beautiful post...
very sweet.
Just wanted to tell you - I can see your blog now!!!
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
I love the pictures..
You have such a WONDERFUL family..
And your little Asian Princess is adorable..
It is amazing how our children bring so much love and happiness into our lives..
Hugs to you my friend...
Another beautiful post...
Steffie, that was said so perfectly and just beautiful. You really do such a wonderful job writing what is in your heart.
You definitely deserve the awards from everyone, because of your post today is one reason why I love checking your blog each day, Congrats!!!
beautiful...so well put.
You're so much more evolved than I.
Your love for you family is admirable. Children help us find our way in life and give us purpose even when we don't want one. They are lucky to call you MoM. I am lucky to call you friend. I made it to the short list right?
Beautiful post. It is amazing to see how much all of the girls have grown. Sophie is so beautitul.
Thanks for putting my heart's feelings into words.
Beautiful post, Stef. Seeing Gwen get her beautiful Maggie recently in that room brought back memories of when we got our beautiful Caroline and how scared she was.
I spoke with a woman at the library the other day who adopted 7 children from Korea many years ago (the oldest is 28). She and I agreed that it is hard to comprend the miracle of adoption (particularly international adoption when you travel with others around the world for your baby) unless you have experienced it. How God orchestrates putting families together is miraculous. The Bible says that He puts the lonely in families. And I believe He has done great things.
Teresa
Oh Steffie this is just beautiful. You are an exeptional Mom!
See, THIS is why I check your blog every day. I am always moved by your posts....whether that be moved to tears or moved to howl in laughter. Today, this post moved me to tears because I feel exactly as you do. Your words are so beautiful and you are a gifted writer. Your love for your family is so evident and truly, that is all that matters.
PS. The pics are gorgeous of you two!
That was beautiful. You are an amazing mom and woman...
Can I just say "ditto", sister? You are so full of love right now and it shows. Blessings. ; )
Beautiful post! You put into words what adoption feels like in our hearts...thank-you! I never imagined or dreamed of feelings so intense, either...until they put my spicy girl into my arms in that same room in Hunan. I often wonder what I have done to deserve such beautiful gifts as my girls. Every time I look into their eyes, I thank God. And those eyes, yes-so precious!!
You did it again, Stef!! My feelings for our Anna girl, exactly!!
I Never Dreamed that the adoption of our precious Anna would lead me to such wonderful people and friends with a heart like mine! :)
You said it all Steffie! What a beautiful post!
What a beautiful heart and a precious princess!!
She is Beautiful!
Sandra Evertson
And yet another beautiful post. Sigh. You always make me feel warm and fuzzy. :-)
Your post never seize to AMAZE me! Beautiful JUST beautiful.
Lea
PS. Love the boots shoes you have on too!
What a beautiful post, it moves me that you share the dreams of your heart.Your Asian princess is precious(like her Mommy).
Just a note to you gorgeous, set the bar a little lower for lookin' gorgeous on your blog, your killin' me, had to do an extra 20 mins on the treadmill today, LOL. ;)
I think you should be getting "The hottest Mommy Award", I nominate ya.
You have a wonderful talent for writting.Very beautiful.
Easy to understand why you got 2 awards in a day. You write with all your heart. Thanks.
Beautiful, darlin'.
Now, I DID dream...and the reality is even better! We are so blessed.
XOXOXOXO
Beautiful!
I have so many of those same thoughts and feelings.
Thanks for writing it down :)
lora
This is simply beautiful! You write so wonderfully and the pictures are gorgeous of you & sweet Sofia!
I would frame that black & white one! They way you both are looking at each other is amazing!!
I think you should start offering Kleenex with your posts my dear friend! I sure do need one right now!
Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs to you!
Happy Friday Stef! :)
What a beautiful post! I love to checking in on your blog. Have a great weekend!
You said exactly what I feel about my daughter from Guatemala!!! Well really my bio children as well. Thank you for your way with words!!
God bless!
Debbie Wankel
Another beautiful post!! You always make me get teary.
Another beautiful tribute to your precious child. I love your words, and know EXACTLY how you feel. What a beautiful post.
Now, I can't wait for S.G. to have a baby sister.
My eyes are all watery. This post is just beautiful and I love the pictures. I just can't wait until I can say those words. I'd love to do dinner on the 18th. I've had lunch there twice and have seen our hot waiter, he'll be happy to have us back I'm sure. I also have to get us signed up for Chinese New Year.
What a sweet tribute to your beautiful daughter.
choking on my tears here ... you took me back to that room ... being there twice with such different emotions has changed me forever ...the Lord will only know the depth of our hearts and the love for our children, but what you wrote was just so close and so amazing ... love you and your children are blessed to have you as their mother ...
Wow, I can so relate to this post! Perfectly stated yet again.
What sweet pictures of you and Sophia. I can't wait to write posts like your own (Come on LOA!!!) I hope school has gone better this week for Sophia.
Love,
Kim K.
That was such a sweet post! Sophia is precious!
Steffie, this is one of the most beautiful heartfelt posts you have ever written. It moved me beyond words.
What a treasure it is to know someone who is able to put your heart into words... When I read the posts to your children It is like looking into a mirror of my soul. My hopes, dreams, the love for my children that is so beyond the realm of mere words...
What a blessing to have friends that understand.... that truly "gets it".
Your little Asian princess is precious. Yes, Mommy you are right.... she is so beautiful and she will grow into the lovely woman Jesus wants her to be... she will not have to make the journey alone... she will travel it with you....
Beautiful post...beautiful gift.
Steffie,
That is a beautiful post! (And you both look gorgeous in the photos too)
It is amazing...they are more than we can even dream, aren't they?
How blessed you are:)
Kim
Oh...that was beautiful Steffie! I have tears because I feel the same way. I think you've put into words what so many of us feel. God gives us so much more than we ever ask or imagine. How awesome is that?! :)
Hope you weekend was Wonderful ...
Just like you girly..
Stef, you have such a talent of putting into words what we all feel...your Asian princess is an inspiration to us all!! thanks for sharing her with us!!!!
What a beautiful post!!! I feel so blessed to have two beautiful daughters. I never in a million years thought we would be lucky enough to have more children in our family. My girls keep me young : )
Thank you for sharing such a heart felt post.
Awsome! You have such a BEAUTIFUL family!
Your post inspired me to share some news of our Chinese foster mom... just posted it. You remind me how lucky I am. Double happiness, for sure.
Mrs. B you look really good on all of your pictures... i love this post! =]]]
?Guess Who?
Your words are those my own heart reflects daily, I love my spicey girl sooo much, aren't they just so FULL of LIFE?? For me that is the BEST. Blessings to you and yours
Susan
Freakin' hilarious!!! Sorry, the post was exceptionally touching but that picture of Sophia is PRICELESS.......
Absolutely spoken from the heart! Beautiful!
Simply blown away by this post.
Post a Comment