Does Miss Thing 1/Asian Princess/Pill/Tootie Palootie/Fia.... not just look adorable in this jacket? Check out the stance for this picture? Oh yeah.....she has no self esteem problems at all! lol Yes........this is the child that is constantly testing my "discipline follow through". I have quickly learned
to choose my threats carefully with this little quick thinking little whi
p I have.
It took me a few times to realize that when I told her if she misbehaved again that she would get a spanking was not the right answer. She'd look right at me, do it again and wait. Well, I knew I had to follow through and I didn't like it, so I quickly changed to the "time out" threat. Oh yes......then one time I asked her if she wanted a spanking when she was being naughty and she said yes. STOP LAUGHING AT ME PEOPLE...................So......when we tell her that her time out is over, there are many times that she looks at us and says "I'm not done yet or I'm not ready". Go figure......only from a Hunan girl. Another issue that I thought I was going to have to do a special post about was the Potty Training............particularly the #2! Sophia has always been one to drink a lot, so during the summer you can imagine the constant filling of her sippy cup. It doesn't matter if I put her on the potty right before nap.....she still wets. This does not bother me. She'll get better with that, and once summer was over, we have been cutting back the nightly liquids anyways. She has done excellent in telling us when she has to go. Only a few accidents and she never poops in her panties. HOWEVER......every day at nap time when I put a diaper on....by golly she'd poop. I've tried different pull ups, panties with rubber pants over them, running up and down the stairs every 10 minutes.......telling her she could call me...........NOPE....NADA..........I tried the "you can't go to preschool if you go poopy in your pants", and finally one day I said "You didn't even call Mommy, you just wanted to poop in your pants didn't you................."Yep" she said with a smile like the Grinch.....kid you not! But.....finally......I think we have conquered it. The idea was to keep her up a little longer after Thing 2 went down for his nap, spend some special time with her and basically not let her off the potty until she goes. The motivation........5 M&M's instead of 2 and she'll get a big girl bed like sissy................she idolizes Emmie..........so it has been going well for over a week now. Hopefully she won't pull a fast one on me once her big girl bed gets here.............but we are talking about Thing 1 after all........
The first time I put Mulan in she was in awe and was crouching behind the coffee table starring at the TV. Note the black and white picture below as well. Another topic of constant "stop doing that" around our house is that she is pushing Daniel down. Some times while they are playing and others when she is mad at him. I think that just over the last few months, some jealousy feelings have come about. She has never really hurt him, and Thing 2 already looks at me for my reaction to see if he should let out a screaming roar, so I usually tell him he is ok and tell Sophia to please not push Daniel down. ~ SIGH ~ I'm trying to stay out of the ER for as long as possible. There are days I feel like I am scolding her non-stop for this....any advice from those with siblings????????
She was so tired after her birthday party she passed right out on the couch. She loves her hello Kitty and notice that she still carries a silk blanket around with her. She has about 7 in her bed every night and every morning she chooses which one will come downstairs with her for the day. We are currently dealing with the "nap issue". How many out there are still giving their 3 year old naps? Today for example, she was in her bed for two hours.....just talking and singing away like she was hosting her own talk show. Finally at 3pm I went upstairs to get her because we had to pick Emmie up in 1 hour. I put her in bed tonight a little before 8pm......I guess we'll see how it goes. I am also getting ready to change her room. The new bookcases, desk and chair are coming this week and I am finally (shoosh) going to order her a bed tomorrow. I've ordered her new bedding, and the head board and night stand will hopefully be in soon.
Sophia loves to be outside and in the water. There is no doubt that her favorite thing to do is to go out on our speed boat. She loves it......sits right up in the front and hangs on.....yelling "Faster Daddy".............the whole entire time. Daddy also lets her drive the boat......Daddy lets her do anything! Naughty Daddy! ;)

She has the best sense of humor. Always wanting to please, always telling us "I'm so happy to see you Mommy" or "I just so love you Daddy" or "Hold me Sissy" or "Deedal, Deedal, Deeeeedaaaal".....which puts Thing 2 into a laughing fit which Thing 1 loves to do. Mommy is her comfort and provider. Daddy is her pal that she loves to play with and snuggle. Sissy is her voice of reason and can be the only one to calm her down at times if she is upset. They have a very strong bond. And Daniel......he is her play mate and best friend.............. She is my greatest gift...........my little Fia from a far away land...............





38 comments:
Love that face - what a cutie! Sophia just turned 3, and is still taking a nap daily. She tells me she's not tired, but it doesn't take her long to sleep.
Annslee still naps (will be 3 on Sunday) she does chat in her bed for a while but then I usually get a couple of hours out of her. Love all the pictures of your beautiful girl!
She is just so precious!
Okay, that strong will that is giving you fits is going to come in handy in about 10-15 years. Sophia is going to the be the kid who NO ONE can convince to do something stupid "just for the fun of it." She will adhere to her principles no matter what.
What a little blessing she is!
Your little Fia is such a sweetie. I love those Fiesty Hunan girls! Have one myself.
So full of life. Thank you for telling us all about her!
Amazing job stef...
I loved your three part series!
That girl is just a doll! :)
THIS IS WHAT KEEPS ME GOING...
She is sooo adorable..
I love hearing the great stories about these little girls...
You have done a WONDERFUL Job raising her..
Hugs my friend.
Kim
Ummm, are you sure our daughters aren't calling each other somehow??? I swear you are describing, practically identical quirks and behaviors of Caroline and Sophia! Now I know that they are both Spicy Hunan girls, but HONESTLY!
I could spank Caroline, but she will look at me and do whatever it was again! Then she will push Peter or annoy him somehow, and when he pushes her away, she tells on him: "Peter pushed me!" I tell you, her personality is soooo different than Peter's. I could look at him with the "hairy eyeball" and he would comply. Not this one though...sigh. I'm praying like "Truly Blessed" says that that strong will will serve her well when she is asked to do things against her principles. In the meantime, we need prayer don't we?
Teresa
Loved the post.....she is such a cutie!
This is oh so sweet! I loved this post. What a cutie bug she is!
I remember when our middle son was 2-3 we used to joke that he probably thought his name was "NO NO" - and that he could not, could NOT get through the day without a spank!
**sigh**
But, staying consistant pays off as they get older....right? RIGHT?
hee hee - yes it does.
( and I'll have a 13 yr old this summer....)
Okay Lord, I'm ready.
AHHHH!!!
**hugs**
Love this three part series! Your little Fia is soooo adorable and so precious! Little Mickey is 4 and he still takes one hour nap at pre-k. However I can't make him take a nap with me at home. So I really can't give you any advise on that...
Love this three part series! Your little Fia is soooo adorable and so precious! Little Mickey is 4 and he still takes one hour nap at pre-k. However I can't make him take a nap with me at home. So I really can't give you any advise on that...
So sweet. She definitely sounds like she has a mind of her own! Braden used to always poop when I put a diaper on him at nap. Would drive me crazy, but the "You can't go to school" bit worked on him. Mine would always cut down on their naps about that age. They would end up taking a nap every other day instead. I would always make them stay in their beds for a while regardless because I needed a break!
Good luck with the sibling fighting. If you find a way to make them stop hitting (and in my house - tackeling, kicking, tripping, etc,etc...) be sure and pass it on!
Your Fia is such a cutie!!
Well, we have no sibblings here, just a STRONG WILLED Spicy Girl. I will just say that age 3 was, well, extremely trying. I felt as though all I did was discipline and try to figure out what worked for her. Spanking definitely worked, as she hates it, but I didn't want to spank every day. Oh, let me just say, 4 has been a dream compared to 3. You just can't reason with a 3 year old. They are asserting their independence BIG TIME. But aren't they just the cutest and "spiciest" little things?
Jillian will be 3 next month, she stopped having naps two months ago or she would be up until 10 pm, kid you not. she would be jumping, singing, taking covers off her bed and she would also go and wake up her big sis who was not impressed.
We have had one heck of a time with toilet training, we are remoting to bribery, yes it's with smarties. We have been three out of four days with dry pull ups. ;O)
I love the photos of Fia, they are beautiful, my fave is the black and white(I love her expression).
You will never know how much your posts brighten my day!! The LONG wait for our daughter is sometimes overwhelming... then I read my "China Blogs" and know that it will be so worth it once we get our baby girl. Thanks!!
She is so adorable.
Beverly
My daughter just turned four years old yesterday and she still takes a nap. Some days I think she just plays but other days I know that she sleeps. It works good for us, we both need a little of our "own" time. Take care, Lisa
Oh, that sweet little face! Sophia is just adorable!! Hannah still takes a nap at 3 but I can tell it won't be long before she won't need one anymore. (sniff, sniff).
I NEED her to take one as long as she can. :)
What a beautiful sweet heart you have! I love the sleeping picture :)
You are one busy lady!!! Sophia is going to be TROUBLE once she hit's her teens. LOL
I was cracking up on the spanking. My girls just look at me like I have 3 heads. Of course some days it feels like I do.
Gotta love a Hunan girl! HAHA. Sophia and Mallory are so much alike. I have had her come up to me and tell me she needed a spanking because of something she had done. :) She is so strong willed and it is totally exhausting most days. However, at the same time Ron and I are constantly having to turn our heads to keep from howling out with laughter at the things she says. I am hanging on to what Mommy Spice said about 4 being much better. Mal will be 4 in December. :)
Loved this post so much!
Sweet, sweet pictures of a very sweet (and spicy) girl!
It is so funny reading your descriptions of her - she and Lily are so similar in so many areas.
We're still doin' the nap thing here, too, but some days she fights it with everything in her.
Miss you all!
ADORABLE!! What else can I say.
Boy, I can relate to much of this. I think all of the Hunan spicy girls have a lot in common. I will say, though, that once Hannah hit 3 1/2, I saw dramatic changes in her. Before that, we did put her on the "naughty" step quite a bit!
Those are wonderful photos of your sweet girl. My son gave his naps up as soon as he turned 3. It makes it nice though because they usually go to bed earlier if they have not slept all day.
All of my kids took naps until they started kindergarten! I must say that it's nice having all my 4 on the same schedule now, since the 5 year olds started school last month. No one naps and they all pass out between 8:00 - 8:30 every night. We have "reading rests" (sleep or read for 1/2 hr) on the weekends sometimes when Mama needs a little nap!
i love the post and all of these pictures
I love that her and Emmie have a strong bond. Hannah is strong willed also. But if she is spanked she has a complete break down.
She is a honey - Love that girl!!!
She is just adorable. I've loved your three part series ... lots of laughs! :)
Such a sweet post. I feel like I know your sweet and spicy girl a lot better now:)
Kim
Oh yes, the potty training...lots of fun...we'll just leave it at that!
Lauren still takes a nap. She sleeps pretty good for about an hour and a half. Then down by 8:30 ish at night and then up at 6:30 AM-ugh a little early, but what do you do?
I just have to tell you...
The last couple of weeks Lauren has had the worst breath! Just awful and getting worse everyday. I kept waiting for a fever, thinking that it was a sinus infection...nope no fever.
So I took her to a pediatric dentist up in Grandville, it must be her teeth. Well, she has two whopping cavities (thanks to poor nutrition in her first 2 years) but not the source of the smell. He suggested I take her to an ENT.
OK.
So yesterday...(and by now, the smell is so bad- no one but her parents will hold her! the kids all said her breath smelled like butt- lovely)...we go to the ENT and he ends up pulling a chunk of kleenex the size of a large peanut out of her right nostil! He had to "vacuum" it out!!!
The little stinker (no pun intended) I remember her playing with rolled up pieces, but who would know she would stuff one up her sinuses!!!!!
Anyways, she smells just fine now and slept through the night better than any night the last 2 weeks.
Praise the Lord and the ENT!
(Sorry to take your blog hostage, but I thought some of these moms would like this one too!)
Sue
she is a real cutie and i just think she looks so much like emmie when she smiles ... i hear ya on the sibling rivalry thing .. Elijah and Emily can battle like no other ...
p.s. still have emmie's gift ... hope to get it to her before i leave for china
Stef,
Where have I been not to see this post??? She is just beautiful. I love that she is so strong. And I'm glad to hear that she is doing better with the poops, wish we could say the same with Eli. It was great bumping into you at Tarjay.
Let's get together soon.
She is sooooo cute! Not really looking forward to potty training Briana! You have some great motivational tips - LOL!
Sophia is just precious! OMG the whole naughty bit sounds just like our Lily.
Anyway, your Fia is quite the little sweetheart!
Post a Comment