I have so thoroughly enjoyed watching Emmie play volleyball this year. She really is a pretty good player. It has been said to her that she has one of the best bumps on the team and the coach has even told her about this special position for the Freshmen team next year that she will probably play. Emmie has been very excited about this. As a whole team.....their record is not very good. There are the strong players and then the weaker ones. This is always the case on any team, but nonetheless, I have enjoyed watching them all. Yesterday, Emmie hardly played at all. I could see from the sidelines that she was very upset. By the time we got to the car she was in tears. I felt so bad for her and wondered what was going on myself during the game. I asked her how practice was going, if she was giving her all, if there had been any problems and she said she thought everything was fine. Now here is the interesting part........ Emmie goes to a public school. Every morning on the way into school with her Father, they listen to WCSG. A Christian radio station. This is where Emmie got the idea. Yesterday at lunch she mentioned her idea to most of the girls and they were very excited about it. All but one that she knew of. Before the game, Emmie led the girls in prayer. She told me this last night after she had spent some time in her room and had time to clear her head about the whole situation. She was very proud of herself, and so was I. She said that she thought the coach was fine with it. I personally like her coach. She has taught them a ton........but I have to wonder why she did not play that much yesterday? She is going to talk to her coach about it today at practice.....at least she said so. I'll give an update when I hear the response.
No matter what baby girl, you hold your head high and never,EVER be ashamed for what you believe in. Your Dad and I are so proud of you! You are a born leader.......you have the potential to go so far in life.......believe in your dreams.....you, my sweet daughter, can do anything you set your mind and heart to! ;)





19 comments:
She is an incredible girl. You should be very proud of her. I think it's wonderful that she prayed with her team.
she is such a beautiful girl inside and out. I can imagine how you were feeling yesterday. It hurts to see them get to the point of tears when its something you can't fix...
I think she is awesome.
What an incredible gift she has to be a leader : ) Hang in there Emmie...I hope you find out what was going on yesterday!
How incredible that she is such a leader. I don't think I would have done that in school. She is gorgeous.
That girl rocks! She is strong willed and will do anything she sets her mind to! I love Em and she should always stand up for herself! You go girl!
I am so proud of her leading the girls in prayer! I am always so excited to see such leadership in a young person! I hope that things go well when she talks to the coach. Big hugs for her, and for you!!!
((hugs)) for Emmie.
Stand up for yourself and your beliefs, be proud of the young lady you are. From what I know about you, I applaud you, a sweet, beautiful , wonderful daughter and sister. :O)
Hope everything works out ok for Emmie. I think that was a great idea-leading the team in prayer.
We aways pray as a team before each of our Cross Country Meets!
Good for Emmie. What a proud Moma you should be.
I love Sophia's room it is just darling and what a big girl she is.
She is an amazing young lady. You have a right to be proud.
You raised a Great Girl...
Sometimes Coaches do wierd things...
I had a moment with Nick this year in football..the coach only wants to play Seniors.. and it's not fair and they get themselves down...But you are doing the right thing...
Have a Wonderful Evening..
Hugs..
Kim
what a wacky situation....to be benched for leading the team in prayer before the game...now I've heard it all....nutty I tell you!!
You go Em, stand up for your beliefs, and don't let the misunderstood get you down...
When we get our baby girl, I hope we are able to instill these morals and values that Emmie displays!! She might have missed a few minutes on the court, but she definitely earned another jewel for her heavenly crown!!
Boy, I am proud of her! I'm so sorry if the coach has a problem with prayer. I guess the whole experience will just teach her to be that much stronger. My daughter Nicole is about the same age and the only believer in her class. It is amazing to me the heart of courage and compassion God creates in our girls. What a blessing and honor to have a child like this!
I bet the position the coach is talking about is Libero .. It is a defensive specialist who can play the back row for any player .. The cool part is Emmie would get to wear a different color jersey than the rest of the team and why not because she is one special outstanding little woman ...
I sure hope her coach didn't bench her because of the praying, but if she did then kuddos to Emmie for sharing her faith ... I am sure God is way more interested in others knowing Him that public school policy on prayer ....
give her hugs from me ... i feel so out of touch ...
I can only dream that my daughter will have the strength and wisdom that your Emmie has.
What an amazing and very special young lady!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment