Tuesday, September 25, 2007

~ For a Daughter, Who Is So Close To My Heart ~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It seems like only yesterday that you were a little girl who loved to learn new things ~ the sweet, innocent child who captured so much of my attention. You needed me so much then....and you grew so close to my heart.But as time went on, you grew more independent and more secure ~ and I watched with mixed feelings of pride in your accomplishments and uncertainty of how the future would change our relationship. How could I have known that as you grew older, we would grow closer and I would grow to learn new things from you...... Now, as we learn and grow together, know that you will always be close to my heart, my precious, beautiful daughter. Happy 13th Birthday.....you are my greatest gift. Love, Mom

40 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

happyt brithday to your sweet and absolutely beautiful Emmie- Thing Teen.
Connie

Unknown said...

Happy 13th Birthday to your beautiful daughter.
Donna

Noemi said...

Aww you just made be cry... She is one lovely young woman. It is nice that you have that special bond with her.

Happy Birthday Emmie!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Beautiful girl.

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Emmie!!

Dannye said...

Welcome to the teens Emmie!! Hope your birthday is a great one!!

Congrats Steffie!! Your daughter is amazing, and I enjoy watching her and your other children growing up into such wonderful beings!!

oh and BTW, I have nominated you on my blog, check it out when you get a chance...

t~ said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful little girl. She is certainly growing into a lovely young lady. Wow, 13...hang on mom!

Anonymous said...

she has grown so much since we meet only 2 1/2 short years ago.. she is a jewel and i am glad to have you both as friends ...

happy bday Emmie !!! will send her an email ...not sure if i like how grown up she looks in those pictures !!!!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful post!

Mom 2 six said...

Happy Birthday !!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy Birthday sweet Emmie.... You BEAUTIFUL TEENAGER you!

Kim said...

Happy Sweet 13 Emmie....
You are a VERY BEAUTIFUL TEENAGER....
Listen to your mommy cause she knows what she is talkig about..
Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
Kim

kerri said...

Happy birthday Emmie!
Your a beautiful teenager, enjoy your very special day.

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to Emmie!
Beautiful pictures and a beautiful girl.

kitchu said...

THIRTEEN??? Lock her up, she looks like she just turned 20!!! Holy cow. For some reason I thought she was 15 or 16... she is incredibly beautiful! (Takes after her mom)!

Happy Birthday Emmie!

Dawn and Dale said...

I too gasped like Kris to read she is just turning 13!! Wow!! You really do need to lock her up already I think!!! ;)

Sometimes I'm thankful to have 4 sons and not 4 daughters!! I'd never sleep a wink if I had 4 girls!!

She's soooo beautiful!!!

Beckyb said...

Give the birthday girl a big hug from us!!! Happy Birthday Emmie!!!

Laura Nipper said...

That was such a nice post for Emmie. Made me tear up just thinking about my daughter growing up to fast. Its so great that you guys have a close relationship.

Happy Birthday Emmie! You are now a teenager.

4D said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely and special young lady!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

13 or 21?! haha

Happy birthday to Em!

Love-Amy

insanemommy said...

It's as if I'm looking at you! I thought Sophia's Mom was going to have her hands full with Paige, but I think you too are going to need to beat the boys away! (I was going to say beat the boys off but for some reason that didn't sound right. lol) Holy cow is she stunningly beautiful.

Mommy Spice said...

Happy, happy birthday!! What a beauty! And, what I would do for that hair!!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday, Emmie!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Emmie.

She is gorgeous...

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Emmie!!!!

D & S said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!

Mr.Brian said...

13 going on 20.Happy birthday to a beautiful young lady.
Love the song.
Hope all is well and you enjoyed your days away.Waiting for some fun stories.

dawn said...

13....wow.
Happy Birthday to a bright and shining light.

Truly Blessed said...

Happy 13th to your sweet #1 daughter. Great pix BTW. So, you've now got college age kids, a teenager, a pre-schooler and a toddler. That sound about right? Way to go Super Mama!!!

Looking forward to our GNO on the 6th!

Sophie's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely young lady! A teenager now... where does the time go? Paige is the same age, and it still floors me that she's in high school!

Praise and Coffee said...

She is soooo pretty- looks like her Momma!!

Sue

Deb said...

Happy 13th Birthday beautiful Emmie. What a great post.

Norma said...

Happy Birthday, Emmie! I hope you had a special day!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday Dearest Emmie. You are such a wonderful girl and a blessing to your mother and entire family.
I admire your strength and ability to love and care for others. You are an amazing example of what a Christian girl should be.
I know how proud your parents are of you.
And it was really a pleasure to be able to meet you.
I look forward to seeing what the future holds for you.
Big Hug.

Nikki said...

Wow. Your baby is a teenager - are you OK over there mom?
Great pictures...hope her day was happy!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Emmie!!!!!!!!! You're a true beauty!

sheryl said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Emmie!

sheryl said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Emmie!

Colleen said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl. She is simply stunning.

Michelle said...

THIRTEEN?!? Yikes! She is gorgeous. The boys are going to be beating down her door. She really is a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday to her.