Friday, August 31, 2007

Amazing to me........

Although I still consider myself to be on hiatus, I needed to post this. When I came home yesterday, there was a package for me from Barnes and Nobles. Of course I couldn't remember what I had ordered........so as I opened the box, there was the orginal version of The Velveteen Rabbit. It was beautiful........and as I looked through it.....the orginal artwork was just darling. I looked at the packing slip only to find this out............ A Secret Pal is more than a gift giver, it's someone to help during hard times. I hope you will find peace in the pages. Enjoy......your S.P. I was brought to tears...........amazed that someone I don't even "really" know other than through this blog, (from Kimberley's exchange group) took the time to go out of their way and do this. I look forward to the day when our pals are revealed............thank you so much S.P. You have a very generous and loving heart!

27 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

You have a wonderful secret buddy. I was so surprised to see the book. It was my Mother's favorite Christmas book and we read it every year during the holidays in her honor. I have a stuffed Christmas Velveteen Rabbit that my BFF gave to me years ago that sits on our mantle at Christmas.
I'm glad that you are matched with a giving and sensitive soul because that's who you are. It's nice to see you being cared for when you need it.

LaLa said...

That is so sweet. Isn't it amazing how our community of bloggy mamas really embraces each other! Enjoy reading...

mommy24treasures said...

lovely...
That is one of the things I love about blogging, I didn't count on when beginning. I have met some lovely people. SomeI would definitely call a friend. I would have never found them without my blog.
I hope you are enjoying your quiet break. We all need a break I think now and then.

Kim said...

Great SP... How thoughtful...
Hope you are doing well..
Been thinking of you..
Take care
Kim

Mr.Brian said...

Steffie,
Just want you to know I've been thinking about you and hope all is OK,(that there are no serious problems over on your end).
I feel like I am lost without your blogs. You so often have a way of getting me on a good belly laughing fit.There are times when I swear i am right there with you. I feel like I've know you for years.Take care and when you are ready to blog again I will be ready with my wise comments.
In the mean time you best be putting CrazyLady in her place, she seems to think I belong to her.
Oh the life of a male blogger,so many women so little time.You gals all make my day with your joking over who I belong to.
Hope you have a great weekend, you deserve it.Tell Emmie I say hi and miss her blogging.Tata and take care.
Blessing.....
Mr.Brian

3 Peanuts said...

That was very thoughtful. I did not blog really during my wait (about 1-2 months before referral) and did not belong to a SP exchange group. How wonderfulto support one aother during the wait!

Have a blessed and relaxing weekend with the tribe.

Kim

mommy24treasures said...

you are so sweet to come give us all a sweet comment as you rest and break. we do miss you :)you are a blessing... Have a wonderful weekend.

Kim said...

I've been missing you. Now tell me, where in the world do you have an extra 10 lbs that you need to shed? You are gorgeous in so many ways. I hope you are feeling better and enjoying time with your family. That is so very important. Thanks for taking the time to visit!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a special gift... It so helps to go through this journey with friends who truly understand... (BIG HUG FRIEND)
I just have to say.... when I am blogging around and I see your little Thing 1 and Thing 2 self pop up in the comments it just makes my heart smile....
God's Peace

kitchu said...

That is SO awesome... and I love that book.

Be sure to go to Jewels of My Heart and watch her video. I've never seen anything like it.

Laura Nipper said...

Missing your blog stories about your life. You have a wonderful way of writing and sending out a ray of sunshine through blogland.

redmaryjanes said...

Good Morning to you too~ I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. You're the best Steffie, you really are!

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, we don't have this book, shall put it on out list.
What a wonderful gift.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

kerri said...

One of my girl's favourite books, given to them by my pal.
What a wonderful, thoughtful gift.
Hope your feeling rested, restored and ready to join us soon, your missed.

Nikki said...

That is soooo nice! You have one very special secret pal...and I also hope you find peace in the pages.
Hugs to you!

insanemommy said...

I didn't have a sp while going through our adoption. How truly lucky and yes blessed you are. We are all so lucky to have found one another. There is a connection. A bound. You are one special lady Miss Steffie B.

I hope all is well in your life. Love you ooodles and ooodles..

Rony

adele and dan said...

hope your feeling to love...have a wonderful weekend!

C's Mom said...

That is an all time favorite of mine! What a treasure.

Holly said...

Very sweet. That is a great book.

Kim said...

Good Morning... Hope you all have a GREAT WEEKEND...
Thank you for your thoughtful words...
You are the best.. Always there when needed..
Kim

Lauren said...

That is so cool!

Deb said...

What a wonderful suprise...sounds like perfect timing too!

Mommy Spice said...

That's awesome!!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

How very nice, you are so lucky to have such a thoughtful and sweet SP!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

there is nothing more fun than packages in the mail ... enjoy reading to the things ... i have that book also and don't let the kiddos have it ...lol ...

redmaryjanes said...

Good Morning girl. I hope that you have a wonderful Labor Day. Tell Emmie hello.

Kim said...

Good Morning...
Hope you have a GREAT DAY...
I was thinking of you ...
Hope all is well.
Kim