We did not get matched from the COP list. I have to say that I am sad and a little down. I know that I have much to be thankful for, and that God has a plan for us and it will happen when it happens.......... However, I am happy to say that my SW told me that all three girls we requested did find their forever families and for that I am grateful. I'll be fine......our baby is waiting....somewhere......out there....and she will be with us when the time is right! It was far more emotional than I anticipated. I don't know if next time will be any easier, but at least I will be prepared a little more. Congratulations to all of you that will be bringing your baby home soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





33 comments:
Steffie, I feel for you in your dissapointment! I'm so glad to hear of other people considering the waiting child lists...Ava was a waiting child...I can't believe the things China considers special needs...they would never be considered special needs her in Canada. Did you know the stats are that 1 in 600 children are born with a cleft lip/palate...I don't think people are aware of how common it is as the lip repair is usually done at 3 months...so there are probably kids that you have met that had the repair and you didn't even know it.
Not only am I so thankful that these kids are getting forever families but was also thankful the wait from homestudy to Ava in my arms was only 13 months!
I am sorry to hear that. Hugs!!
I hope that your plan is made apparent to you soon and that you have a wonderful new addition to your beautiful family.
Keep smilin!
So sorry you are feeling blue. Not sure how long you have been waiting for a SN referral. I know how disappointed we were each time we were overlooked. (11 months) then, all of a sudden, we got the call. I did not expect it but I'm so happy.
Your little one is out there.. chin up. Keep the faith! (I know, easier said than done)
Blessings!
Sorry Steffie....major cyber hugs are coming your way! {{{HUGS}}}
I send you my love honey. We will get together soon.
I am sorry you are disapointde but God does have a plan for you.
I am sorry to hear that. But whatever happens is meant to be. Apparently neither one of those girls were right for your family. But the right little girl is out there and God has it all planned out and will lead you to her.
I am sorry, but I am in agreement with most here. She is out there and she will find her way to you, it is all in Gods hands. HUGS!!!
Steffie, I'm really sorry. I will pray that God will send your darling home to you soon....
having walked down this road myself, I hear you. It gets real frustrating and very hard not to put your heart in it.
Let the rant out, cry, have a drink. And then start over when you re ready. Youre a great mother, your next little star awaits you.
I'm sorry for your dissapointment. I am glad however that these little ones are going to their forever families. God knows who your daughter is, and won't be a moment too late in giving her to your family. Hugs!!
Sorry to hear that... I am sending you a bloggers hug..
Hope your day gets better.
Kim
I know your heart is heavy... but you are so right, God has a plan. And when it does happen, you'll know why it didn't this time. Hang in there my friend!
I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine your disappointment. I'm crossing my fingers that you will find your little one soon.
So sorry, sweetie. You've been on my mind today.
We'll talk soon -- you know I am just a phone call away!
Steffie, I am so sorry. It is truly amazing how we attach to a photo. We did the same thing nearly 2 yrs ago but after 2 consults with specialists we knew we were not the family for her but she will live in my heart forever.It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
So sorry to hear this news.
Maybe you seeing those 3 girls was a way of God opening your heart to special needs.
Whatever the reason your baby is out there and in God's time she/he will come to you.
Ok I will have to remind myself of the same thing.
I am so sorry, back very early on this journey we nearly went for a SN child, things did not work out and I was very upset.
Now I know that Zoe was meant to be ours...it does happen for a reason...just doeasn't always feel like that at the time though!
Steffie - I'm sorry to hear you did not get matched. My heart is sad for you. don't worry though God has a plan.
Hugs from up North, my heart is feeling your sadness.
Disappointment's so hard and frustrating! ... sending hugs your way!
Michelle
Steffie,
I am sure you are disappointed but you and I both know that HE has one in mind for you. She will be in your arms very soon. You are in my prayers.
Hugs,
Kim
I'm sorry. You have a wonderful attitude about the whole thing.
Oh Steffie, I am so sorry. I know you are disappointed and I certainly would be too. God knows who your daughter is and He will place her in your family at just the right time. We are also considering special needs. I would have thought this second adoption would be easier but I am beginning to think it is really going to tug on my heartstrings alot. Keeping you in my prayers, my friend.
Love,Adele
i love how transparent your heart is ... your little one will be home soon ... love ya lots ...
I know how hard that must be for you. But I am so thankful that even though it hurts you know that Jesus knows who your baby girl is and are trusting Him to open the doors when she comes.
God's Speed
Stef, I'm sorry to hear about your sad day. I'm proud of you & your attitude about it all. Your little girl will be with you soon. You have my support & prayers. ~ Amy ~
I'm so sorry you weren't matched. I know it's difficult, but you're right...HE knows the child He has for you. Your time will come soon.
In an effort to not repeat what everyone else has said, I'll just say this - know that I'm praying for ya and your daughter that y'all are waiting on. 'nuff said! ;)
Big hug for you Steffie, I like your reasoning. Stay positive. She is out there. thinking of you.
I am so bummed for you. Hang in there!
God has the perfect one in mind.
I love your optomism. Praying for you.
Velcro Hugs
So sorry. I can imagine that you were very disappointed. Hoping your little lady is on the next list.
Post a Comment