Friday, June 8, 2007

Bursting with Joy

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of Emmie right now. Today was the last day of school and her awards assembly. The 7th grade is made up of two teams with two different groups of teachers. We knew all the awards she would be getting....or so we thought. She got all A's all four marking periods and is in the top 10% of her class. They then acknowledge the one student on both teams that has the highest GPA. She tied for that with another girl on her team. She had no idea she had won that award. When they announced that there was a tie, my eyebrows shot up and when they called "Emmie Beckering", a little gasp escaped from my mouth and my eyes filled with tears and I clapped like I never had clapped before. She works so hard and takes her school work so seriously. She is on cloud nine.....and after this school year and all the insane stuff that went on.....she walked out of that auditorium with a bang! If I told you the unkind, rude and vulgar remarks that this girl has endured all year, your jaws would drop! It's unreal. We even had to file a police report because she was being verbally harassed by an older student. And I think you all know by now.....Sarabi isn't going to tolerate any of her cubs being threatened.
Today she had four friends come over after school and we did the mall and lunch. They all had a super time. But I am going to let her share that. I'm sure she'll post about it. I also bought her some fabulous gifts.....just because I'm her Mom and I'm so proud of her. She deserved it!
Emmie..........I am so proud of you. Proud that you made it through this year, proud that you held your head high, stood up for your beliefs, and strive to succeed. You can do anything that you set your mind to. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise........you have a special gift.......and I know you are going to do great things with your life! You are my Lulu.....my little piglet.......and the bond that we share is so deep within my soul. When I look at you.......I see beauty, creativity, compassion, spirituality, artist dreams, style and grace.... I love you with all my heart......
Love,
Mom

40 comments:

Holly said...

Wow congrats Emmie on her award. What an honor! Great Job.

Elizabeth said...

Wow how awesome is that?
Girls can be so aweful to each other. I had a hard time in highschool myself. Infact I can't Facebook much cuz it reminds me of highschool too much.
I'm so glad you've over come it all. Believe me, once you are out of school, all that crap doesn't even matter, and you just SHINE baby.
Those losers will stay losers.

Adele said...

I can tell you are a very proud mom and I would be too! Remember that the things that she has endured this past year will only make her a stronger young lady. God has amazing plans for her life. I admire her strength.

Nikki said...

That is so great, Stef!!!
You have got some pretty amazing cubs in your tribe...I am proud of Emmie as well. She is wise beyond her years. Give her a big squeeze from me!

Anonymous said...

aww mom thanks! I'm at Kenzie's and really needed that right now! I'll tell u about it later (Bryce)

I had a great time at the mall...thanks for taking us! We are so excited about our new sisterhood bond..lol!

Hey, where are all these gifts ur talking about..lol! :)

<3 Emmie

Mr.Brian said...

MY eyes are misty after reading this tonight.
Your little Emmie is truely an amazing youg lady.I am always so impressed at how kind and thoughtful her blogs and her comments are.For such a young gal she amazes me.I know few middle schoolers who are as special as she is.It shows she has wonderful parents who have raised her in a loving home, but we also know much of the praise goes to the Heavenly Father who has walked with you in raising her.
Ok now I get mean.It ticks me off knowing how mean kids can be.I was always one who was picked on and made fun of all through school.It still hurts when you thinkk of some of the things kids have done.I would love to come to your home town and personaly slap those snot nosed brats silly till their eyes roll in their head and they wet themself from fear.I will never understand why kids have to be so mean and make fun of others or say such hurtfull things.What kind of home life do they have and what is up with the parents? I could go on for hours about this but before my blood preasure goes sky high I best just say....
Emmie you are a truely wonderful talented and blessed child.Never change.
Mom and dad,ya dune did good keep up the good work.
wheew I feel better now.
Have a great weekend.Happy schools out time to everyone.

Diana said...

Remind me to never piss Mr. Brian off! Couldn't agree with you more though, kids aren't getting the message that WORDS DO HURT. Emmie sounds like a special girl and well-deserving. Congratulations on your special day.
(((((((((huge hugs))))))))))))))))

4D said...

Congrats Emmie!

You are super fantastic! And your Mom ain't bad either.

Keep smilin!

Shandra said...

What a wonderful and smart daughter you are raising.

Congrats Sweet Emmie!

Mommy Spice said...

You are beaming all the way down here in Texas. Having a loving and supportive family has helped her to be the wonderful girl she is.

Way to go Emmie!!

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful! What a girl you have!!!! :o)

I'm sorry she had to endure such trouble throughout the year. I am sure it was rough. I have seen how cruel girls can be, it makes me so mad. Most of the time is comes from their own insecurities. I don't know the situation, but it sure sounds like Emmie handled it with grace.

Have a great weekend!
The tea is steeping. Enjoy your coffee. I'm off to say good morning to Kimberly. :)

Mom 2 six said...

Great job to Emmie !!!
Way to go thats work. You deserve every award you got.
That's a great reason to shop and hit the mall.
Steffie-you are such a proud mom !
Love it!

redmaryjanes said...

I am so proud of your Emmie too. She is a beautiful girl in all aspects with a strong mind and sense of self.
Big Congratulations to Emmie and to the family that supports and nurtures her.

Gracie said...

Im sure this means a lot to you and that you are very proud of her! You should be! That is a pretty awesome achievement!

kitchu said...

HUGE huge congrats to Emmie! That is so incredible Stef... I can't imagine how it must have felt to hear her name...

redmaryjanes said...

I am busting up! I was just over at Search and Destroy twins and read your Depends comment!! The best.

PandaMom said...

What a blessing and alot of hard work on your part mom, to raise an amazing young lady with scruples, morals, character and gorgeous to boot! Wait to go Emmie, you are sooooo special! ; )

Anonymous said...

MOM I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU FOR OVER AN HOUR ON THE HOUSEPHONE AND ALL CELL PHONES! WE NEED TO FIGRUE OUT WHEN I WILL BE PICKED UP AND EVERYTHING BECAUSE KENZIE AND ANNA ARE GOING TO DING'S AND THEY CAN'T UNTIL YOU PICK ME UP BECAUSE THEY NEED ANNA'S BAG!!! CALL BORRINKS PHONE GOSHDARNET

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff....I know you are proud. Wau to go Emmie!!

insanemommy said...

Kids can be so mean! You are such an awesome mom-- and ONE of the coolest! It shows in your words. One day your daughter will look back on all those goons and laugh. Way to go Emmie!!

Rony

3 Peanuts said...

Congrats Stef on such a wonderful daughter! Congrats Emmie! usually when people are that mean...it is jealosy:) Not that that makes it easier but tuck that in the back of your mind. Such a loving post. I hope Kate and I are this close when she is in 7th grade!

Kim

Colleen said...

I can hear your love gleaming thru this post. I can hear how proud you are of her as I would be too. What an amazing and beautiful daugther you have. I will have to "stop by" Emmie's and give her kuddos!

Liz and Ava said...

Big congrats to Emmie! You have reason to be so proud!

Beckyb said...

I think that is awesome - and the best part is that she stuck up for what she believes in the midst of it all - she'll never regret that!!! I'm proud of her too!!

dawn said...

You do have a great daughter but she has a great Mum.
I hope next year the ugly kids have gone.

LaLa said...

AWWW..what a proud Mama..and you should be. Miss Emmie is such a sweetie and sometimes I totally forget she is so young...she is definitely mature and wonderful. Congrats Emmie

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef! I don't know your Emmie but I sure am proud of her.

You made me cry ( with pride :))!

Elise said...

Ohhhh....what a great way to end the year!!! Sounds like she handled those "mean" kids with class. This is the hardest time for kids, I am so amazed at how cruel the middle school years can be, but it sounds like you are raising your girl right and she will be the one who will come out on top!!!

kerri said...

Ya Emmie, you and your family must be so proud. Bright and beautiful,there is no stopping your accomplishments. You have a very wonderful strong presence in your corner, your mom is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yay Emmie!!! Congratulations!!!

cougchick said...

Wow! Congrats to Emmie. Your love and devotion shines through. Way to go Stef!

Briana's Mom said...

A BIG, HUGE CONGRATS Emmie! That is fantastic!

jennifer said...

So sweet, I know you are so proud, but the best is the comment she left you. That is too funny!

Pam said...

You and David have raised a wonderful young lady. You should be very proud of her. I'm sure God is very proud of her.

C's Mom said...

Congrats to Emmie. Your heart must be about to pop with love. You are raising a fantastic gal....who knows how to find out about the gifties ;0)

Noemi said...

A BIG Congrats to Emmie. You must be so proud of her and you should be proud of yourself for raising such a Great Young Lady.....

Gwen Oatsvall said...

checking in before i am off to camp ... well you know i think emmie rocks ... she is a smart girl who knows the Lord and doesn't bend to what other people think .... YOU GO EMMIE !!!

Tracy said...

Wow, congratulations!! You're raising an amazing girl!

crazylady said...

If you can raise a great kid, I may have a chance (wink)
Looks and brains...Emmie is a superstar.

Jill and Jaap said...

CONGRATS EMMIE!!!


She is a really great girl!