Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Beach Day

Last week I decided to take Sophia to the State Park beach. Daddy decided he was going to take the day off and come too. We brought a picnic lunch and our beach toys. Sophia loved it. She is such a content child. She'd walk back and forth for water, find sticks to put on top of her sand castles, point out every sea gull and hold our hands as we walked in the shallow water along the beach. She asks about going back every day so I think next week we will have another beach day. ;) She just breaks my heart. She is so good natured. It amazes me how perfectly she fits into our family.

Her Daddy is so in love with her it's crazy! ;)

42 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I CAN SEE THIS POST1 YAY!
OMG, though. I think I left the comment that I wanted to leave here on someone else's blog...not sure how that happened...
Your pics of Lily are too cute and I love seeing your hubby with her. I can't wait for Joel to share his love with little K.

Robin said...

What a special treat for Daddy to take the day off and spend a day at the beach with his girls. :-)

Truly Blessed said...

The little sandy bottom shot is priceless. The others are too cute, too!

Hey, ya wanna go to the beach with our kids sometime?

LaLa said...

I am so jealous..I want a beach close by!!! What a cutie she is and love her swimsuit!! Annslee is so long waisted I have a hard time with one piece ones ...

Tracy said...

I LOVE these photos! Hannah is sitting here with me and commenting on every picture. I think she'd like to jump into the computer monitor and play with Sophia.

Linette said...

What adorable pictures of Sophia! And I LOVE her swimsuit- too cute. :)

C's Mom said...

How adorable she is in her little suit!

Sew Much Fun said...

Well come and go to the state park with you . . . when?

Elizabeth said...

I dunno why, but your post puts a lump in my throat. I think Ijust love family bonds, I have great memories of being Daddy's girl. And I love my little man so much. Anyways, feeling emotional, must be part of the monthly visiter's influence.

Kim said...

Looks like fun.. Sophia's little swimsuit is really cute..
Kim

Emmie said...

you will definitly have to go again next week so I can come! :)

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds like it was a very fun day.
Hats off to dad for taking the day off to go along.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fabulous, fun day!! Sophia sounds like Charlotte ... easy going and in the moment! :-)

Laura Nipper said...

Great photos at the beach. Looks like a fun place.

Tiffany said...

Sophia is SOOOOOOOOO cute!

crazylady said...

who gets to pick the sand out of the 'crack'? Don't you shake your head. It's tough!

insanemommy said...

Love the little sany "tush". Yeah, sand in the crack not good. Although in a couple of years she'll be stealing your thongs. (no, not your beach shoes). ha ha...

Rony

Anonymous said...

such a cute post!

Holly said...

How cute. I just love the beach!

Beckyb said...

What a fun time for just the three of you - AND I think you shoul do it again too - SO much fun!!

dawn said...

Wnat a lovely memory making day and I love the cute bum shot!

Gracie said...

I am glad to see you guys had fun at the beach! Visit my blog!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

She is tooo cute in those shades!


And Steffie...I am in honey..I made the cut off!!!!!
I am sooo excited...hoping to get the call tomorrow!!!

redmaryjanes said...

She is so tan! I love that bathing suit!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a beautiful post... beautiful photos, beautiful baby girl, beautiful day. She melts my heart.
HOpe you get to go to the beach next week.

Deb said...

Sweet! Love that color on her.

3 Peanuts said...

It looks like such a special day. Where was thing 2?

Kim

kitchu said...

What a great day for the 2 of them... LOVE that suit!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

looks like super fun ... i am an outdoors person and love it that all 3 of my kids love it also... tell david "way to go" for taking the day off ...

Liz and Ava said...

Those Pics are priceless! So nice that "Daddy" could join you for a wonderful day.

Diana said...

What a great family day...priceless. You're little girl is one-of-a-kind cuteness in that butt shot (and all the others too)! Belongs on an advertisement for "firm butts", or Coppertan......

Shandra said...

What a sweet girl you have...actually you have 2. Great family day.

Adele said...

She is soooooo precious! I love that swimsuit. All of the pics are just great.
Oh, my friend surprised me and emailed me the header for my blog. I guess she thought I needed a little sprucing up. She said she was just playing around and designed it for me. I was pleasantly surprised. I am moving on up in the blogging world. HAHAHA.

Chrissie said...

Sophia is such a cutie pie. That is great that you were both able to spend the day with her at the beach.

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

Polar Bear said...

What a fun day!! LOVE the pictures. Sophia's suit is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Natalie love to go the the beach as well and could play there all day-everyday. Great pics & I love the new blog design. Orange is my favorite color!

Pug Mama said...

looks like a perfect day!

Andie said...

What fun! So wonderful that Daddy took the day off to join you!
Blessings-
Andie

Dawn said...

Sopia's little "beach bum" is so cute!!

Praise and Coffee said...

Looks like fun! We'll have to take the girls this summer.

Colleen said...

Hee-hee!! Little beach butt!! Love those pics.

JMCS said...

Awwwww, how cute!

Hugs,
Jonni