Thursday, May 3, 2007

Stop the madness.....

Ok......do any of you do these kind of things? I am beginning to wonder if that fact that I am turning the big 4-0 next month is an indication of my ever growing insanity. Or perhaps my multi tasking skills are lacking in some sort of way. I am constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY leaving the water running in the sink. Usually I turn it to the left to get it hot. Well.......minutes go by before I remember that it is running, and I usually hear a shout of "Mom you left the water running again". And I know it true when I walk over and my windows above the sink are so steamed up and I can no longer see out of them! Then there is the bagel issue. I pop that puppy in the toaster, move on to other things while it is toasting only to realize that it is burning because of the smell that is moving it's way through my house...once again I forgot I put it in! Darn it.....now the decision to either eat it or toss it and start over! UGH! Then apparently the other morning I thought I should put the lotion that goes on the counter in the bread drawer! Then I kept asking myself for the next 3-4 days....Where is that stupid lotion?!?!?!? Hello......I like moist bread, but really Stefanie.......SIGH......I think my brain is on over load! Either that....or I am in big trouble! lol And these my friends, are just a few of the crazy things that go on in our house!

39 comments:

Shirley said...

Haha..Too funny. Now you are asking someone who just recieved her referral...crazy house over here big time!! Just don't know what to do with myself until Monday when I finally see her beautiful face!!!

LaLa said...

I have already turned the big 4-1 and it only gets worse. I love the bagel plate btw : )

Mr.Brian said...

I will be turning 48 this year and trust me it does not get better,
I will walk into the kitchen to get something and forget what i was headed there for.And the wanting to tell someone something and forgetting what that was happens all the time.
Do you want me to go on about the aches and pains????
Makes me feel good to know others share this same trait.

Briana's Mom said...

Well, I am 33 and I am already losing my mind! This adoption wait is sucking away my brain cells! I am forgetting a ton of stuff lately!

Mommy Spice said...

Well, you just make me feel better. I have been doing the "blondest" things lately. All I can do is roll my eyes at the person laughing at me and walk away. I was searching for certain papers all day Tuesday at preschool. Finally, my co-teacher asked me what that was in my hands. Well, of course it was the papers I looked for all day. In my defense, there was a different page paper clipped on the top. I felt like such an idiot.

Emmie said...

I was wonedring why the lotion was in the bread drawer! :) Just thought I shouldn't ask!

redmaryjanes said...

That stuff happens to me all the time. It's a direct result of taking care of children. You are washing your hands, someone starts crying-you run to see what's wrong. You are using the lotion-the toddlers are fighting, you throw it in the bread drawer and rush to stop the altercation. You're fine girl! 4-0 huh? YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME!!! Just by a year but I had to sneak that in.

Adele said...

I had to laugh at this post because I always leave the water running. I try so hard to multi-task and I usually end up doing things just like you mentioned in your post. I will turn the water on in the kitchen to get hot and then run put a load of laundry in or some other quick task. I usually end up getting sidetracked and forget the water is running. Just yesterday I thought I lost my sunglasses and I was searching high and low in my vehicle for them. I KNEW I just had them on so they couldn't be far. After becoming really frustrated about this, I looked in the mirror and you guessed it! There they were sitting on top of my head! UGH! I call these kind of episodes "MOMMY BRAIN"!

4D said...

It is classic Mommy Brain! I have it sometimes and I do not have any kids.

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

It doesn't get better at 44 either (yikes! Did I just say 44?) Cough.

For about 6 months after we brought Peter home, I would consistently leave my keys in the front door and Rick would retrieve them when he came home. And I was 36 at the time.

Teresa

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Too Funny ...
Blame it on hormones ....I mean you are pregnant after all ...*lol*
Andrea

Kayce said...

That's funny! I do the same type of stuff. Umm mom? Why is the milk in the cupboard? Or I'll start to boil water and walk away and come back 1/2 hour later to nothing but a burnt pot!

Kim said...

I keep forgetting to put the milk back in the fridge - find it still sitting there an hour later with the cap off - but sometimes I catch myself right before I put it into the cupboard...that would be really bad!

Noemi said...

Don't feel bad I am only 34 and I leave the water running. I also try to mutli-task and believe me it does not work. If I am cleaning on Saturdays I jump from one room to another and when I think I have my whole house clean, go to take a shower I realize that I put the cleaning solution on the bathroom and forgot to clean it~! Ahhh and I thought I had finished!

Elizabeth said...

I think it's called Mom Brain. I've got it too. I put something on the stove/oven and come down to 'check my blog' and then the fire alarm goes off. My DH has tried to 'ban' me from leaving the ktchen while cooking now.

Anonymous said...

LOL! They are either mommy brain moments, blond moments or senior moments ;-)

Mom 2 six said...

What a hoot !
I am also turning 40 this year and I really think I have become so absent minded lately....hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

The big 40 next month? What's my excuse then because I have a year until I reach that milestone. Let's see, I leave the freezer ajar, the microwave door open all day and night with the light on, the mayo back in the cupboard and bread in the fridge...that type of thing. I like the poster above that just chalks it up to mommy moments and the fact that we are trying to multi-task too much. Nothing to do with the ol' 4-0. What day for you?

Anonymous said...

You described ME totally here! I am so glad someone else out there has the same kind of short circuits as I have!...I think Red Mary Janes has the right diagnosis, though...it isn't due to age so much as it is due to the mental overload of trying to keep up with children! After a while, your brain cells just start disinegrating!!!

Beckyb said...

I have done any of those things yet - hmmmm, must be too YOUNG!!!! HA, HA - JUST KIDDING - had to get you going there!!! It's a multi-tasking fiasco!!

Anonymous said...

Emmie and I were laughing at you last week for walking outside or upstairs when the water in the kitchen was on full blast!! She happened to mention that it was a regular occurrence...

:)

PandaMom said...

I knew there was some connection between us blondies! I'm right there with ya, sista! ; )

Deb said...

He he Nope it isn't your age, yesterday I went to put a spoon in my dishwasher and I opened the oven..

Holly said...

My Mom does stuff like that too..all the time.

crazylady said...

Now what was I going to say again? Whose blog am I on anyways. Crap, gotta go and log out and find my brain.

:o)

C's Mom said...

You've got yourself a case of mommy brain.

Hey, I was on the hunt for my sunglasses one day...not only was I wearing them but I tilted them up to look for them in a dimly lit room. Scary, I know.

Anonymous said...

Oh Stef!! I'm soooo glad that you don't mind sharing your wonderful goofy life!! You make me feel so normal...like when I think I'm so cool and go sliding across our kitchen floor only to get my toe caught in the fridge grating at the floor!!
I really think we're long separated twins!! TEE HEE

dawn said...

Sounds like a normal day in this house.

Polar Bear said...

Whew! I am not alone. I thought I was getting dementia or something. I have LOTS of those moments. It is a tad scary! :)

I think you are right, we just have WAY too much to do and to think about!

3 Peanuts said...

Ever put the phone in the frig? I have! I am going to turn 40 later this year too and definitely see this happening to me. It is worse lately and I have blamed it on severe sleep deprivation from new days with Kate. Who knows?

I think your daughter is awesome (Emmie). You are obviously a great Mom to have her turn out so wonderful!

Kim

Nikki said...

I'm usually OK at home, but at work I am constantly talking to myself so I can remember what the heck I'm doin'! I never had to do that when I was in my 20's...ugh!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I keep thinking that I need to keep some paper and pen on me at all times to remember all of the "stuff" that pops in my head. Then that thought pops out of my head and I forget to do it..LOL. You are in good company :)

Shandra said...

Go treat yourself to a nice spa day. It will make everything better. You have earned it.

Praise and Coffee said...

We're in this together Steph, you just described my days and I am turning 40 next month too!

At least we're not alone!

Jill and Jaap said...

Don't they call that Mummy mush (for brains!!) hahaha...Oh I know it...I do things like that all the time!

t~ said...

I'm not 40...yet....but, I lost all memory brain cells after my 3rd birth. I call it mommy syndrome. One time I put the car keys in the freezer.

Jewels of My Heart said...

C.J.'s comment had me literally LOL and now on to you Stefanie..... I say......
Welcome to my world! I would tell you all of the absent minded things I do but I FORGOT what they are... heehee

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i don't think it has anything to do with age, but too many tasks and not the patience to stand still and wait for things ... i do it all the time! you know it is bad when you stand at the microwave and yell at it to hurry up ...

Alyson and Ford said...

You need some rest!!!
It doesn't get any better - I am facing the BIG 5-0 next birthday!
Too funny.
Where is my forever daughter - I am getting old!

Alyson