Sunday, May 20, 2007

Seeing into "Your" future

This is what you have to look forward to my friends! Loud music and huge clothing bills! You would think they could offer us Moms a cocktail or something while waiting....

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say Stef...I am with Emmie on this one, I love that store!!! I am going to have to accept the fact that within the next few months, I won't fit into them anymore! haha.
cute video!

Anonymous said...

Steffie:

Well, my oldest is 8 years old but going on 14. So I am not looking forward to that time when I too will be in the store shopping with her.

And just think, we did this to our
moms. Hee hee.

Steffie B. said...

Yes, but when my mom and I went shopping it was to elevator music and it was quiet and you could think! lol I feel like I am in a bar in some of these stores and I am way too old for that! lol

C's Mom said...

Rutrow!

Maybe quiet will be 'in' when my girl is of shopaholic age...I can dream :0)

Mr.Brian said...

One more reason to be happy I am single and only have dogs.
Do the employees wear ear plugs all day long????

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was funny! A glimpse into the future, indeed!

Holly said...

LOL! I am the same way in those stores :- )

Kim said...

That is funny.. I have a 13 year old daughter.. And she is just like that.. We always tell her " IT IS ALL ABOUT KyLEE..
Have a great week..
Kim

Middle-Aged Moi said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS! I feel the same way about the loud music!

Beckyb said...

Well - I am thinking I want to go shopping with YOU!!! That is a fun lot of bags there - I'm lucky if I get ONE bag on a GOOD trip!!! :) AND totally agree - how do you think in those places??!?!?! Hey, maybe that's the point - you don't think - you just buy it all!!

Nikki said...

OK Stef, you are showing your age with this one!
But, unfortunately I'm the same way! We are just gettin' old...loud music now gives us a headache when we used to crank it up!
Oh well, Emmie looked like she was havin' the time of her life!(although I am sure she wasn't real happy you were videotaping her while she shopped.)

Adele said...

This video is hilarious! I can't stand the loud music either. Ron and I worked with youth in our church before we became parents and I never could get used to their loud music.

Adele said...

Oh Stef, what is the blog fairy?
HAHA.

Unknown said...

Stef, when we were growing up the most chic store was The Gap but my mother insisted on going to Sears and JC Penney and the loudest music they played was Neil Sedaka. What is it going to be like when Sophia and Caroline start shopping like this?? Aaaakkk! Can't....go...there...right...now..must...keep...her...little.....Waaahhhh!

BTW, "The Whip" must be a Midwest thing. I've never heard that term in S. Calif, but I like it!

Teresa

Teresa

Wendy said...

You are too much!!! loved the video, what a great sense of humor you have

shelley said...

Thanks so much for the heads up...now I can be prepared when Hannah wants to go THERE!!!

Mei Mei Journal said...

Emmie and Lindsay would have a great time shopping together! At least Hollister has a seating area.

Andie said...

Stephie...you crack me up! Thanks for checking my blog and making comments...it makes my day to know that someone out there is reading my blog! Thanks! :-)
Blessings-
Andie

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i will take that job any day ... love the store and am so jealous of the bags ...my three are horrible shoppers, so i guessed they have saved me some cash ...can we go to american eagle next !!!! hee hee

PandaMom said...

Oh my word! I absolutely LOVED hearing your sweet voice!!! Since I am a native Texan and have a thick southern accent, you sound so....different! ; ) Where do you live again? Certainly not in the south anywhere. I loved putting a sound to your precious face. And as for the store? I totally agree. I guess we are too old since it's too loud, huh? ; )

Briana's Mom said...

Too funny! Thanks for the glimpse into my future!

Tracy said...

Soooo funny! I'm very, very scared of what my future has in store!

Leah said...

All I'm sayin' is: Whatever happened to Rick Springfield? tee hee.

Laura Nipper said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. This is scary because I am seeing Morgan in the near future in one of those loud stores. I will need to get a full time job by then to support her shopping habit. Even at 2 she loves to shop.

Tami said...

Thanks for the heads up on the loud music! Do you know how long it's been since I've been to the mall?! I don't even want to think about it. At least I have a few years before Punky becomes a shop-a-holic...at least I hope I do.

D & S said...

Very funny! Look at all those bags! I can't wait :)

Noemi said...

I wish I would be able to shop till i drop with my teenage girl, buying all of what I call the girly, girly stuff.

**Sigh**

With three boys it just ain't happening, I must comform with video games and action figures. LOL

I loved the video.

Diana said...

Comments came up this time...musta been a temporary glitch on my computer. I only WISH my girls would like to shop...yesterday we were in a shoe store and they screeched so loud you would've that that we were pouring scalding water on them!!!No kidding, it was tres embarrassing! Sure cleared out the store...especially the kiddie shoe corner where the girls were parked in their stroller. lol But really, I am a true SHOPAHOLIC so I am praying that they come around. If not I guess there is always on-line shopping....

cougchick said...

That is hysterical! Maybe next time you can wear those neon orange ear plugs and REALLY embarrass your daughter. LOL.

Anonymous said...

omg you are such a freak! Who brings their camera to the mall? Certainly noone but You! :P

Rachael said...

That's too funny. I have a shirt from that store, and the first time my little sis (9 years younger) saw me wear it, she started busting up laughing, because she said she had no idea I shopped there. Apparently, I'm too old.

Gracie said...

Oh my god! You guys are such good people! Second daughter huh? Good luck with it! Come visit my blog!

Polar Bear said...

That is so FUNNY! I wonder if we never take Tori to the mall we can skip stores with LOUD music? We'll just tell her that clothes grow on trees in the middle of the night. :) Will that work?

Thanks for the heads up!

redmaryjanes said...

Steffie! You did NOT follow that girl around with a video camera....I tell you, she really loves you. I would hid behind a rack if my Mom did that to me.
It looks like so much fun to get out and shop with your daughter! I can't wait.

4 MORE DAYS UNTIL OUR GIRLS NIGHT OUT!

aimeeg said...

Wow, she let you tape her? What a good kid! :)

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

She must love you to let her follow her around with a camcorder!

I do agree though that music is loud!

Mommy Spice said...

Nooooo, I don't want to go there. OK, but has it really been that long since we were there? I mean, I shopped at The Limited and Express, and I'm sure they played loud music. Oh the old days. I have a few more years before Spicy Girl goes there.

t~ said...

Very funny!

Pam said...

She has grown so much since China. I can just image Hannah shopping in the future.

LaLa said...

Ha ha...we can't even roll by in the stroller...Annslee gets out and dances in the entrance. Draws quite a crowd too...luckily she isn't wanting to shop there yet. You are such a good Mama....

Elise said...

Oh...how I can totally relate! How about Hollister...where you need a flashlight as well as ear plugs:)

Mom 2 six said...

Oh-I can't imagine!
I have a few more years till this starts.

Glinda said...

I'd like to say I could hear what you were saying and agree with you when I was watching the video, but I am now hearing impaired from the gazillion times I stood in the Abercrombie stores with my niece, most of which was spent shouting and asking for a manager to open up another fitting room because the 5,000 girls that were waiting for the ONE that was open was ridiculuous...thank God she's moved on to the collegial look and Ralph Lauren's store's are silent...unless I just can't hear the music because I'm deaf;) May the force be with you.

Anonymous said...

Okay this and the thought of having two daughters scares the heck out of me! :o) I remember how my sister and I would throw a fit if my mother even hinted that we should by our school clothes at Sears or JC Penney's and not Nordstroms. You know what they say... payback is a ... ;o)

3 Peanuts said...

I cannot go in that store either. It gives me a headache. Also it reeks of perfume. Emmie is so hip and cool though:)

Maybe we are old?

Kim

JMCS said...

Too funny!

Hugs,
Jonni