Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Blogging Snack-a-roo

YUMMY.........
Ok......so I want to know what everyone munches on while they blog?!? My weakness is a Root Beer Float in a frosty mug after the kids are in bed. Of course I justify it by eating low fat ice cream. lol I tried really hard to use Diet A&W Root Beer......but it was just not cutting it! So...confession time....what do you eat? And if anyone even dares to comment that they eat carrots or broccoli with low fat dip or apples or celery....anything that screams healthy, Healthy, HEALTHY.......I'm going to send the Blog Fairy over to sabotage your blog! lol And who knows...we might even get some new snack ideas! Mmmmmm.....tell me, tell me! ;)

32 comments:

LaLa said...

It depends...if it is during nap time I love these Scooby Doo frozen rainbow sherberts. They taste just like a frozen sweet tart. If it is evening...a glass of red wine : )

redmaryjanes said...

Girl! We are supposed to be on diets. I am over here eating 94% fat free kettle corn and you are having rootbeer floats? I DON'T THINK SO...YOU'D BETTER BE COMING OVER HERE AND BRINGING ME A FLOAT : )

Steffie B. said...

DARN IT....I knew I was going to busted by kimberley! I was just hoping not so soon! lol Hey...it's half the fat ice cream and half a can of Root Beer.....do I get a break?!?!?! PLEEEEZZZZ?!?!?!?

Dawn and Dale said...

I was just thinking about this myself as I was sitting here eating peanut m&m's!!

We moved our computer upstairs yesterday out of the basement. I was just thinking that may have not been a good idea cause now I'm a WHOLE lot closer to the kitchen now!! EASIER to grab snacks while I blog hop!!!

Oooops!!

Anonymous said...

For me, it is diet pepsi and peanut butter by the spoon full!

Mr.Brian said...

Why i would never consider eating between meals.I am ever so health minded and if I would weaken and snack it would be fruit or carrots.
Whoosh bang!!!!! Oh my gosh that bolt of lightning just missed me.LOLOLOL!!!
i eat anything and everything.Chips,diet coke,jelly beans,wheat thins, if it fits in my mouth I eat it.

Beckyb said...

It's not food for me - it's drinks - DIET POP, COFFEE, TEA, etc. My dentist hates me - they all stain my teeth - stupid, yes, I agree, but he whines everytime I go in!!! I need some good snack ideas though - that sounds yummy!!

Holly said...

rootbeer float..sounds very yummy!! Hm..I usually snack on chips or ice cream!!

t~ said...

I've never understood people that ruin icecream with soda...makes me want to vomit...sorry.

Ok, this will sound healthy, but I don't snack. My arse just doesn't have the room to snack knowing that I will be back in a bathing suit on Saturday...it's a Florida thing.

Shandra said...

Not much snacking around here during blog time. I don't have time to eat and blog. Blog time is an event that I have trained for to get it down to under 30 minutes. (That is why I can't spell)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

This is too weird! I was reaching into our snack cupboard tonight and thought about posting this exact question to my blog friends!! You and I must be on some weird wavelength....great minds!
My snacking life is very comprehensive.
Depending on the day, my snacks can consist of a variety of things (this is the top ten list):
1. A toasted bagel with peanut butter and brown sugar
2. Fun Dip
3. Sour JuJubes
4. Rice Krispy Squares with chocolate sprinkles
5. Chocolate covered cranberries
6. Rocket Popsicles
7. Strawberry Mini Wheats
8. Tootsie Pops
9. NERDS
10. Caramel Popcorn
There ya have it. Joël and I have made snacking an art form. :)

Anonymous said...

well since i thought we were on a diet i have stopped snacking after 7:00 ... now i am feeling a craving coming on, but there is nothing in my house since i can't control myself !!!!

C's Mom said...

I just gained a pound looking at your blog ;0) I'm not a muncher while on the computer. That said, one would think I weight 90# (not!)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I cannot snack and type at the same time; not that talented. When I snack though it is all about the ice cream. I love ice cream :)

Elizabeth said...

I usually am snarfing down a sandwich or slurping soup if it's lunchtime. Or if it's evening I might be found sipping a glass of wine. Which is why I can spell either.

Anonymous said...

Okay my computer is right next to the snack cabinet. So I reach in and whatever falls down, I will start munchking on it. Lately, I have been eating Kacie's white chocolate covered pretzel. I don't dare eat all of it or else I will hear her scolding me for eating all her pretzel.

So now I am reaching in for the Pocky (a Japanese biscuits sticks covered with either chocolate or strawberry cream). Mine right now is strawberry.

I better quit or else this keyboard will be covered in strawberry cream.

Sherrie in HB

Jewels of My Heart said...

I'm coming to your house to blog!
I usually do not snack while blogging... you all keep me entertained enough that I don't think about food (until this!!!!!) hmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought I spent too much time on the computer but maybe if I spend more I can drop the 50lbs I need to loose... hehee
although I have been know to down a box of Dots or a bag of Gummy Bears on those long Friday nights in BloggerLand.
Maybe we just need to move in with Tracy in Florida and live in Bikinis to inspire SELF CONTROL! teehee sounds good to me!

Steffie B. said...

no kidding....Tracy and Shandra don't snack.....I feel like a big fat cow now......Moooooo! They are probably skinny mini's! ;)

Noemi said...

Wow a lot of good snacks listed here. I must admit because of my hectic life I am usually eating dinner when I read my blogs... I am on a diet so I have NO RIGHT to snack on all the delicious items mentioned above.

Robin said...

I work from home so I'm on my computer all day long. I eat breakfast and lunch in front of it as well as snacks in between.. hence the reason my ARSE is so BIG!
I think Kathy's list looks pretty yummy.. esp the fun dip and caramel corn.

4D said...

I do not snack on the computer. I snack while watching tv. Our new one is pudding with fruit. I use fat free/sugar free because I am a sweet treat monster and I need to change things otherwise I will be the size of a house.

Keep smilin!

Mommy Spice said...

Usually it's morning, so I'm finishing up a bowl of oatmeal (the sugary kind) and a cup of coffee. If it's afternoon, I've been known to have a piece of "whatever we baked the night before" and a drink.

t~ said...

I've been called a lot of things, but never a skinny mini....
;0)

I just gained 10 lbs reading Kathy's list though, now that's a girl that knows how to blog!

Nikki said...

You are funny! Now I understand what you meant in your e-mail!
I honestly don't snack much while blogging -- too busy reading and commenting. I, like Becky, will often have a cup of coffee nearby though. (with lots of flavored cream)

3 Peanuts said...

Dark chocolate covered pretzels.
But now I am craving a Root Beer float.

Polar Bear said...

Snacking slows me down. :) Sometimes I do like a cup of tea.

We all pale compared to Kathy! What a list.

crazylady said...

I'm on a liquid diet. Worked for Oprah...albeit briefly... didn't it?
Though I'm not saving myself for a bikini. While blogging, I drink.
9am to noon, it's Tim Horton's coffee
noon to 5pm it's Coke.
5pm until bedtime or time to take my pills, which ever comes first is
wine. I'm not fussy. Whatever is cold.
Sen.

Deb said...

I am a heavy snacker Yup I'll start with salty snacks and then when the first layer of my toung peels off I'll head over to the sweet treats and like Kathy I am a kiddy candy fanatic. Nerds, jaw breakers, crackel pop candy , jelly belly jelly beans and good old Chocolate!

Kim said...

coffee and whatever chocolate I can find - my favorite is giant sized little debbie fudge rounds (a chocolate sandwich) YUM! But right now...all I have beside me is water - Yuck! must go find chocolate...

Pam said...

I don't normally snack but tonight it is Diet Pepsi Jazz Carmel Cream and M&M orge-sized peanut butter. I'm suppose to be on a diet.

polkadot said...

Here's my blog thing and don't laugh until you try it:

Chocolate/Chocolate Chip Rice Cake with chunky peanut butter on top.

Tastes like a Reese's but the rice cake makes it seem not-so-bad???

Diana said...

I like the sounds of some of the "diets" on this post, especially the "Shocks"..I am not much of a snacker while blogging can't think, type, read AND eat at the same time......but I have been known to inhale some necessary energy-boosting, mind altering liquids, (helps with creativity)
But when I snack I have to buy portion controlled sizes or else I won't stop until the bag, box is done.