Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Can I say "Enough Already?"............. Isn't it time for winter to be over yet? I am so tired of....... worrying if the kids are warm enough at night, being concerned about slipping on the ice while holding one of the little ones, constantly checking both thermostat's in the house, unloading the groceries in the freezing cold weather, my car looking dirty from the slush, driving white knuckled , school delay's, the pipes bursting because they froze, going into the ditch driving, having to wear so many layers of clothing to stay warm that I look like a cow, the bitter wind chill, feeling trapped in my house, the lake being froze over......I mean c'mon people, need I say more?!?!?!? lol Summer.....where are you????? Now this.........this is what I'm talking about! SIGH ;)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I think thats me in that picture - at least I wish it was! (I must brag tho', and say that yesterday it got in the 60s here.....it's not supposed to last) **sigh**
It's all good. :o)

Dannye said...

If it makes you feel any better, Steffie, I'll send you some Fla sunshine to help warm you up....

Jack's Mom said...

You just renewed my decision I made so many years ago about not living in Michigan ever again hehe. Don't miss that at all! Hope spring comes soon for ya'll up there.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm with you! Especially after this mornings drive in when the news was filled with all of the accident warnings from the icy roads. I hear that it's supposed to warm up next week-we'll see!

4D said...

I sent a memo but apparently they did not take my word under advisement. Crud!

Keep smilin!

Verna said...

Well Stef, We're in the same proverbial boat here. But spring always comes and then the sweaty hot summer. We don't have a lake in the back yard to jump into. You are very fortunate that way. Hang in there!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I have been wanting Spring for a while now.... but find myself quite humbled as I read your post... I live in GA and today it is 75 out... it has only been in the 60's for the last week or so... teehee I think this is why the birds all migrate South.
Hope you thaw out soon.
Where do you find all of these wonderful pictures?
God's Speed
Daleea

Polar Bear said...

I must say I am ready for spring, too! I'm tired of being cold all of the time!

Mr.Brian said...

I will send the warm weather they predict for us this weekend your way.
They are saying mid 50's by Saturday. ! week after a 3 day blizzard,only in Iowa.
I think I am ready for spring but not the HOT stuff, I do not do HOT! It makes me cranky.

Michelle said...

I know what you mean ... I like winter but I'm so tired of all the layers, boots and the mess in my entrance which constantly needs wiping. It was minus 42 here yesterday ... that's just cruel. It a balmy minus 29 or something today. I'm ready for a little warm weather for sure!

Monkey Giggles said...

I am with ya...This monkey lives in Michigan....YUKY YUKY Yuk.....the positive side is daylight savings starts this weekend...and it is going to get up to 50 degrees next week,,,,YIPE...hey it's a start....

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Oh, how I empathize with you, sweet girl!! Here in Toronto, our cars are not only dirty from slush, but are all white from the salt they slather all over the roads. Sigh...I need more warmth!!

D & S said...

I'm so ready for summer. I've had enough of winter. I can't wait until I can go out without a coat. I'm so tired of all the layers.

dawn said...

Wow, no commetn form Nikki yet on this post....she must be stuck in a snowdrift!

I guess you always want the opposite of what you have because I love winter, not this winter that winter that you are mentioning.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

not to rub it in, but it is so nice here. we had 60 today and played outside. i will send some to you!

Nikki said...

Well, you KNOW I feel the same way.
I am hanging from a thin rope over here just WAITING!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy Spice said...

I don't mean to brag....well, maybe a little since we don't get snow, and I wish we did....but it's been so beautiful here. It is definately spring. Our pear trees are starting to bloom.

I hope you get some relief soon!!

Liz and Ava said...

I agree with you...enough of this winter! The only good thing about still waiting for my TA is that it might actually be quite nice to travel in April...especially since I will be traveling to Inner Mongolia....where it's even colder than here!

Emmie said...

You know I'm with ya! Only a couple weeks and we'll be outta here!! Woo-hoo! :)

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! I am ready for summer or spring or anything other than cold!

Pam said...

I hear ya. I am ready for Spring and Summer.