Monday, February 12, 2007

Grumpy/Sleepy

From the moment Daniel woke up this morning, I could tell it was going to be one of those days with him. Hold me, hold me, hold me. Nothing would get done, I'd be doing everything one handed and he would not be happy in his exersaucer or on the floor for very long. Sophia's line of the morning would be "Deedal's sad." Sigh...... she was right, it was going to be long morning!
As I was preparing lunch for Mr. Grumpy and counting down the last hour until nap time, I look over at the Johnny Jump and he has fallen asleep in it. My shriek of "oh no you don't" goes off in my head as sprint over to get him out and try to wake him up. Sophia looks at me and say's "Deedal's seeping, Mama." " Not for long"....... I tell her. Heaven forbid that the afternoon nap get's messed up! Not to mention taking away from my blogging time! lol So, we did wake up Mr. Sleepy..... fed him, and put him down at his usual nap time.
Now......Miss Sophia on the other hand.....is a whole different story. I'm not even sure she took a nap today. I didn't hear the normal party going on very long today....but she started saying "hug, hug, hug" way too soon. At least she'll sit on the couch, have a snack and be happy. I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad! ha!

4 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds like an interesting day.
This is the time an extra set of arms would be helpful.
Hope Mr. Grumpy is happier today.

redmaryjanes said...

Hope today goes better! It really is tough keeping your children on schedule. Hopefully 'little grumpy' will be 'happy'.

Beckyb said...

Oh man - I SO hear you - Chloe had fallen asleep last week before I got home from work - I could have cried - that ended any sort of nap - but yes, the only consolation is she'll at least watch a movie (I know, bad mom!!!) with a snack and her cup of juice!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i say anytime they are still and quiet is good. Emily stopped taking regular naps around 2yrs. she couldn't stand to sleep while elijah was playing. i didn't have the energy to fight her on it. i think i am the bad mama.