Friday, February 16, 2007

Favorite Photo Friday

FPF.....or NOT!

Well, since Emmie had a snow day on Valentines Day.......all the school activities happened today. My daughter received 24.....yes.....24 flowers. Three came from us and the rest came from friends. Many of them.....yikes, do I dare say it...."young men." She was even called down to the office for a "special delivery" from someone that obviously thought enough of her to go out and have 3 pink carnations and a teddy bear delivered! Um........ hello....."I'm" not ready for this yet! She also told me that at the Valentine dance last Friday she had 5 different "young men" ask her to SLOW (omg) dance as well! She said "no thank you." (at least that's what she told me) Looking at her, I can hardly blame them. Yes, I am bragging......she is beautiful and smart......and I'm so proud that she is MY daughter! ;)

16 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my! When we saw you all last summer I knew you were in trouble -- Em is too cute for her own good! (and a great personality to boot)...at least this will get you prepared for when you have to go thru it all again with Sophia.
But seriously, you have raised a wonderful and SMART young lady and I am confident she will make good choices in the "young men" department!

Beckyb said...

Yes - she's a gem - I'm not surprised the guys are looking either. I'm glad you are going through this first - can we all call you in 13 years?!?!?! I know what you mean though - watching my Micah grow each year just amazes me - and hey, how do they turn out so good with parents like us?!?!?!? :)

Mr.Brian said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Oh Steffie you make me laugh1 you are so funny!
I am sure it is only going to get worse. Soon it will be endless phone calls for her from boys with the high pitched voices you will think are girls. Until the voice cracks half way threw the conversation.
She will then be on the phone whispering a conversation you thinking how can anyone hear her.
And as you or your husband walk bye the phone she will give you the look.
I know these things because I grew up with two older sisters.
Better get her her own phone soon!!!!
Welcome to the teenage years.

Steffie B. said...

Oh trust me....they are already calling. And she does have her own cell phone....she had the highest bill out of anyone the month of December! Scary!

redmaryjanes said...

Goodness, she is lovely though.
I showed my oldest son Zachary her picture the other day. She's such a great young lady.
Zachary is still with the other young men on the planet where girls don't seem to be noticed yet.
Maybe next year he'll send someone a flower.

4D said...

Wow! Romance and youth. Sigh...we can all remember our days like that.

She is a special girl so no wonder she has suitors!

Keep smilin!

Michelle said...

She is a beauty and she seems wise beyond her years.

Mommy Spice said...

She is a beautiful girl, and I can tell from reading her blog and comments, she's just as beautiful on the inside. But boys and flowers and special deliveries already....yikes. However, I remember that age.

Carrie said...

Why shouldn't you brag! Emmie sounds like a very accomplished young lady. Isn't it nice when you can take a deep breath and see the fruits of your labor! I know, I know the pain isn't over yet! Ha Ha Ha They grow up to darn fast though, slow down just a little Emmie :)

PandaMom said...

Oooh-la-la! I just love Valentines!

Ella Meng said...

Yeah,your girl is very cute and beautiful!!
I love her.:)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid it may just be the beginning!

Pam said...

I agree that she is a beautiful girl and that is on the inside as well. I'm sure she will be a great catch one day.

Pam said...

I agree that she is a beautiful girl and that is on the inside as well. I'm sure she will be a great catch one day.

kitchu said...

Your daughter is amazing to me... she is not just beautiful on the oustide, but inside as well... and she seems to have a true sense of herself, who she is, which I find amazing at such a young age. I imagine she'll have to thwart off the masses of "young men" for a long time (unless one truly captures her heart, scary,huh?!)
Kris

Emmie said...

O MOM! I am just so loved! :p <3