Snow, Snow, Snow
Well, this past weekend we finally got some snow. Enough to go out and play in it. Emmie has been dying to take Sophia out in the snow. Last year I wouldn't let her take Sophia out because I thought she was too little and I was "so pregnant", I didn't want to deal with it. So.......this is the year! ;) I can remember when Emmie was little I would encourage her to go out and play in the snow, but she had no one to play with. I always felt so bad, it broke my heart. I always let Emmie have friends over any time she wanted so she'd have play/social time. Anyway, we bundled Sophia up before lunch, Emmie got all her gear on as well and out the door they went. It was a sunny day, no wind and they both had a great time. Of course Sophia didn't want to come in.......but Emmie as always, manages to negotiate and get Sophia to listen. So after 45 minutes, they came for hot chocolate and lunch.
For me.......it was pure joy, an empty hole in my heart finally filled......and a empty hole finally filled for my oldest daughter as well. "And just think" I told her......"next winter you'll have two to take outside.......and possibly three in the future." I got the biggest smile ever from her! Life is good here in the Beckering home......it might be crazy some days, babies crying, stinky diapers, sporting events and laundry piled up to the ceiling, but I have a peaceful feeling in my heart that I thought I n
ever would. Life is good..............happy sigh!





17 comments:
See - that's why your blog is called "Never Too Many....."!! They are all wonderful gifts! I love the pics and the story - makes me kind of weepy over here - great, it's my turn to be weepy today!!
Sounds lovely!
Keep smilin!
Becky...I know...I feel like I always post stuff like this, but I am just truly still in awe of the fact that not only did we make a decision to adopt Sophia, but that we have Daniel as well. I just stand here and look at my children and can not believe this is my wonderful life! :)
That's great. If I can get Erin to go out with Mya, I surely do and sometimes, I do go out. Love the pictures and the story. I, too, look forward to playmates. Mya will have a sister/brother, hopefully by this time next year--God willing. I have to agree, even with the "hassles" of parenthood, it's well worth it.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I have had those feelings for Hannah as well. I am so glad that she has a playmate ALL the time.
Shelley
I know the feeling of having no one to play with Peter. Especially since he is homeschooled. It gets difficult to be everything to him and still maintain some sanity. Unfortunatly, while he and Caroline will play sometimes, he us just too much older than her to have that much in common all the time. So, I invite friends for him over a lot too.
And as you have said, if it wasn't for Sophia, you would not have Daniel. There will be a special bond with them, I'm sure.
Teresa
Isn't it a wonderful to be so content and happy with your life? I feel the same way. I never knew that it would take me until almost 40 years old to get here. Hopefully we can add to our family like you are doing as well.
Such a sweet post. I got goose bumps....and not from the snow either but the nice kind.
How wonderful! It always amazes me at what a wonderful daughter and big sister Emmie is. She sounds like every parents dream for a wonderful child.
I am also glad you got some snow too. We gao about an other 6 inches over night Saturday
It was sooooo pretty outside yesterday. Becky should be happy she is getting her snow she wants.
Yep! Fia and I had a great time! The little sister I've been waiting for forever, there she is!
I love the snow agels picture - priceless!!
Julie :o)
Hi there!
I was just searching Chinese adoption and came across your little Sophia's journey website! My husband and I are in the middle of waiting for our referral for our daughter from China!
You are very blessed to be going back for a 2nd little one!
*How did you manage...this waiting is killing me!
Jayda March (joveesmommy@Yahoo.com)
So great. We got our first snow--a lame dusting with no good play potential! Hrmph.
I have a lady on my blog who is having problems leaving a comment for you here. She is panda-mom. So, this is a test to see if I can leave you one and then I'll get back to her.
Hey this is Cody CLouse one fo emmies friends or (classmates) from school and i was just checking out your blog. Its pretty nice! But uuumm.. i was just saying hey talk to you later!
?mabye?
Cody Clouse
Yeah!!! This is PandaMom and the message about the "moderator enabled comments" is not under this box so maybe it will post! Thanks for visiting. When I saw the pic of your group of girls in their shirts I just howled!! I couldn't believe in cyberspace I came upon another group of the same age doing the same thing as we did! Can't wait to keep up with your blog!! My custom blog is coming from Bluebird Blogs. Susie is the owner and does amazing work. Go to my links like "Lifesong", "In the Midst of It" or just google bluebird blogs. It isn't TOO much $$$, but the wait is long. I ordered mine two weeks before Christmas and she hasn't even gotten to my name yet. She will customize to your specifications and then let you preview it and then even give tech support afterwards. I am now addicted to blogging so I wanted something that looked more like me instead of everyone else. When you look at her gallery of other templates she's designed I think you'll enjoy them. Talk later!
LOL CODY!! You're such a freak! jk! You know we all luv ya!! :)
Post a Comment